How quickly should you feel a difference from T injections?

orochi

Hi,
I have a general question about this.
I ask myself if someone has low T and then gets his first injection how quickly should he feel better mentally and physically?
I mean is the effect instant as soon as the T in the blood goes up you instantly feel it or how is it?

I'm asking cause I got my first T injection (t-etanathe depot 250mg) 7 days ago. I read up on this injection and I found a chart which showed the T curve.
The T levels peak after 3-7 days and they reach SUPRAphysiological levels within 7 days. To me this means that as soon as the T goes up high within 7 days maximum
you should feel like superman. You should feel good and be horny. BUT I feel absolutely nothing! No libido, no mental changes, no muscle pump, simply nothing!

How is this possible? The drug isn't a fake. I got it in the pharmacy and a doc injected me. I am really confused now. I had such high hopes in the injections.
T gel didn't work for me. I was thinking injections are the real deal, they deliver real results and are reliable. But why do I not feel anything?

Is it possible that the oil is in my muscle and doesn't get absorbed?

Or is it possible that I feel nothing cause it all gets converted into e2?

I thought you said you were using Nebido in your other thread?

I generally takes 3-8 weeks to begin to notice the effects of TRT with Test E. Sometimes even longer.

Time it takes to see effects

See this study:

ONSET OF EFFECTS OF TESTOSTERONE TREATMENT AND TIME SPAN UNTIL MAXIMUM EFFECTS ARE ACHIEVED.

Eur J Endocrinol. 2011 Jul 13;

Authors: Saad F, Aversa A, Isidori AM, Zafalon L, Zitzmann M, Gooren LJ

Objectives: Testosterone has a spectrum of effects on the male organism. This review attempts to determine, from published studies, the time-course of the effects induced by testosterone replacement therapy from their first manifestation until maximum effects are attained.

Design: Studies in PubMed on testosterone replacement so far providing information on time course.

Results:
Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, no further increments beyond.
Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months.
Effects on quality of life manifest within 3-4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer.
Effects on depressive mood appear after 3-6 weeks with a maximum after 18-30 weeks.
First effects on erythropoiesis after 3 months, peaking at 9-12 months.
Prostate specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase related to aging rather than therapy.
Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6-12 months.
Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on gly***ic control become evident only after 3-12 months.
Changes in fat mass, lean body mass and muscle strength occur within 12-16 weeks, stabilize at 6-12 months, but marginally continue to improve over years.
Effects on inflammation occur within 3 to 12 weeks.
Effects on bone detectable after 6 months but continue at least for 3 years.

Conclusion: the time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone shows considerable variation, probably related to pharmacodynamics of the testosterone preparation. Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity.

Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maxi... - PubMed - NCBI

for my on 200mg cyp a week i noticed morning wood at week 3, increased libido and sex drive from week 6 and kept increasing until week 9ish and leveled off. Started noticing more benefits later on too like increased energy, reduction in bf, overall calmness and wellbeing.

I'm at 6 weeks now. I've got better energy, more relaxed, able to let things go that I wouldn't' before, better stamina in the gym, higher sex drive, oh and shrunken balls. Win some lose some lol.

First off, testosterone doesn't peak in 7 days, it's 48 hours post-injection. The problem is that you have basically an empty gas tank and due to how esters work (enanthate/cypionate/propionate/decanoate), it will take multiple half-lives to fill your "tank". (The half-life depending on the ester - enanthate is between 6-8 days depending on which source you quote)

Be patient, you'll wake up one day in the near future and just feel amazing. I remember that it was like being unable to take a goofy smile off my face - that's how awesome I felt. Just be sure that you monitor and control that pesky E2; it can rain on your parade pretty darn quick otherwise.

My .02c :)

I begin week number 5 today. I have been markedly hornier since week number 3 and have gained slightly more mass in my upperbody(5lbs or so). I still don't feel stronger or have more energy just yet though.

Am I the only one who got his libido back 2-3 days after my first injection? The rest of the beneficial effects took a little longer, maybe 3-4 weeks.

See this study:

ONSET OF EFFECTS OF TESTOSTERONE TREATMENT AND TIME SPAN UNTIL MAXIMUM EFFECTS ARE ACHIEVED.

Eur J Endocrinol. 2011 Jul 13;

Authors: Saad F, Aversa A, Isidori AM, Zafalon L, Zitzmann M, Gooren LJ

Objectives: Testosterone has a spectrum of effects on the male organism. This review attempts to determine, from published studies, the time-course of the effects induced by testosterone replacement therapy from their first manifestation until maximum effects are attained.

Design: Studies in PubMed on testosterone replacement so far providing information on time course.

Results:
Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, no further increments beyond.
Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months.
Effects on quality of life manifest within 3-4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer.
Effects on depressive mood appear after 3-6 weeks with a maximum after 18-30 weeks.
First effects on erythropoiesis after 3 months, peaking at 9-12 months.
Prostate specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase related to aging rather than therapy.
Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6-12 months.
Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on gly***ic control become evident only after 3-12 months.
Changes in fat mass, lean body mass and muscle strength occur within 12-16 weeks, stabilize at 6-12 months, but marginally continue to improve over years.
Effects on inflammation occur within 3 to 12 weeks.
Effects on bone detectable after 6 months but continue at least for 3 years.

Conclusion: the time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone shows considerable variation, probably related to pharmacodynamics of the testosterone preparation. Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity.

Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maxi... - PubMed - NCBI

Does the study mention what form of TRT the patient(s) were on?

Patience, with that ester you won't start feeling big benefits (very noticeable) by week5-6 then gets even better.

Back