how to cope with school and work out

andy_in_in

hi guys

i am grad student at lsu where i am almost at the virge of finishing master
i am doing bodybuilding since 4 years...

earlier i was very frail at the age of 18 and thn i started doing weight training now i weigh 160 lbs at 5'7" but still i am ectomorphic though i have got very good chest(42 inches) and arms (16 inches) but still my forearms are very small as compared to other body parts .

i think its good weight for my muscles but i want to have more mass doesnt matter even if gain some more body fat as far as i not getting fat belly....

i always tried to maintain my cycle but couldnt do so as after 2-3 month or so i always get an gap of abt a month... but i want to build very good mass so tht i can weigh abt 175 lbs and then just stick to tht aiming to reduce more and more body fat out of it...

as far as protein consumption is concrerned i am really worried and eating 1gm/lb i think its very hard i can hardly maintain 100 gms at most....

wht will be the best workout plan and best diest for me if i want to achive long term goal of 175 lbs with just 3 days a week .

regards
Anand

weight gainer shakes, eat food....hell theres tons of things you can really do man...

As for training, id have to say you can do PB's Routine (for powerlifting) on page 6 of "deadlifts thicken waist" sticky at the top of the page....

Or

do this..

Chest/shoulders/triceps
Back/biceps
Legs...

although this is the same thing as PB;s routine, you can do volume for BBing in that split easily

gymphreak said:
weight gainer shakes, eat food....hell theres tons of things you can really do man...

As for training, id have to say you can do PB's Routine (for powerlifting) on page 6 of "deadlifts thicken waist" sticky at the top of the page....

Or

do this..

Chest/shoulders/triceps
Back/biceps
Legs...

although this is the same thing as PB;s routine, you can do volume for BBing in that split easily
good advice bro
anand for your particular circumstance i reccomend a low volume heavy weight approach to lifting sticking with basic heavy core movements like squat , bench , deadlift , heavy barbell or dumbell rows , widegrip chins or pulldowns , barbell curls , close grip or reverse grip bench , etc. notice these are all excercises with free weights and that they all allow you to use heavy weights you need mass not toneing up or refineing your body and nothing adds heavy mass like lifting heavy weights . do what ever it takes to get that protein and food .

I'd have to agree with the suggestion to look at PB (PullinBig) "classic newbie" routine. I am also in Grad school and I know at times life can get busy (publishing a paper/ finals approching) but you can always find 3 hours a week to make it too the gym... thats where PB's stuff is so great. I have just started a training log if you care to take a look.

I also manage to only get in about 100gm of protein naturally, I supliment with three Meal Replacment Shakes a day taking my total to 220gm.

where to find PB's Routine (for powerlifting)

hi

thanks for advice but where to find PB's Routine (for powerlifting) .

further when we take break for abt 4-5 days is it good to still eat the same amnt of protein .

Regards
Anand

page 6 of "deadlifts thicken waist" sticky at the top of the page, as gymphreak mentioned.

eat everyday.

Yeah, keep the protein intake fairly high....You might drop it by 5-10% but I wouldn't think anymore than that. I've also gotta recommend PB's routine in that sticky.

Oh, and your grad school can't be any harder than my undergrad...........working 50+ hrs/week and all.

Oh, and your grad school can't be any harder than my undergrad...........working 50+ hrs/week and all.

Nope its not... In some ways its easier, like our work hours are usually very flexible... in some ways its harder :)

Back