How to get strength up?

Tagula_Sunrise

Hi fellas and females - what is the best way for me to get my strength up?

I havent been training that long really - about 8 months in total - about 4-5 months cutting and around 3 months bulking so far.

I am around 6 feet tall and around 180 pounds. I really need to get my strength up because some of my lifts are still quite laughable. I understand that i am only competing with myself and its not a race to who can lift the most but i would like to lift more.

At the moment my routine has always been more higher reps 10, 12, some 15.

What would guys recommend?

Thanks for reading.

Back & Traps - Tuesday

Barbell Rows 2 x 7-10
Pullups - 4 x As many as i can do
Deadlifts - 2 x 7
Shrugs - 3 x 10
Abs

Chest & Arms - Thursday

Incline Bench Press - 2 x 7-10
Flat Dumbell Press 2 x 10
Dips 2 x As many as i can do
Lying EZ Bar Tri Extentions - 2 x 12
Barbell Curls - 2 x 10

Legs - Saturday

Squats - 3 x 10
Lying Leg Curls - 2 x 20
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2 x 20
Calf Raises 2 x 30

Shoulders & Arms - Sunday

Seated Barbell Shoulder Press 3 x 10
Dumbell Shoulder Press 2 x 8
Standing Barbell Shoulder Press 2 x 8
Barbell Bicep Curls - 3 x 10-12
CGBP - 3 x 6-8

have you found any improvement from this? how's your diet? resting enough?? what's your best number on bench/squat and deads.

My strength is aweful - my deadlift is about 210lbs and bench about 140lbs for 10 reps/

I have been cutting for most of my training (8 months) so far - i rest enough - diet is fine as i am quite good with diet and timing etc...

I was big before i started doing weights so first 5 months or so was a cut.

My bench form seems fine - i control the weight, bring it down to about an inch off the chest and then back up again with a squeeze at the top.

Yes - i train abs 2-3 times per week at the end of my workouts.

do you have a pic of yourself? or a vid of you lifting? from what you're saying, I think you're benching BB style. hmmm..weak on deads huh...say, do you go ass down during squats???

like for example..a vid of me doing squats...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFu8JE3teUI

do you go that deep?

and what do you think is wrong with your deads?? form?

I would start working only 3 days a week. Deadlifts at the beggining. Continue with the bulking diet. If you're new, your #s should come up fast. Write down all your lifts and try getting PRs every workout. Maybe you won't, but by trying to get PRs, you make sure you're working hard enough. Also you can try lower reps sometimes. I like very much low reps on deads and squats.

YOur prob is the way your sets and excersizes are structured but very simply. YOu want to get strong? Eat big, lift heavy and concentrate your sets on your core lifts and lower reps.

Thanks guys - appreciate the input - i think thats possibly where the problem is a bit - i have cut for a fairly long period of time and therefore i havent been able to eat as big as i would like to get stronger and bigger.

I do go quite low on squats yes, just below parellel.

Back