Humalog vs. Humulin-R

MonsterMedic

I've recently been prescribed 2ius daily of Growth by my doctor and while I am not diabetic, hypothetically, if I wanted to maximize the effectiveness of the Growth with Insulin.. Which Insulin would be better, Humalog or Humulin-R?

insulin isn't a good idea unless you have to use it. it can cause huge fat gains if your diet isn't perfect AND YOU COULD DIE IF USED INCORRECTLY! and its not an "oh you could die if you take too much over a long period of time where you'd have plenty of warning signs to get medical attention" - its more like you go hypoglycemic and bam you go unconscious within minutes and die unless someone knows you use insulin or thinks you diabetic and forces sugar into your system in a damn quick fashion.

it can be used smartly but you better have a damn good understanding of how it work and how long it works. unless you have no other choice (meaning a diabetic or competing pro), you shouldn't use insulin. its just stupid.

Definitely need to understand it and the timing of food. It matters how you want to use it, like PRE or post workout. That determines which slin to use.

For the average gym rat, it's pretty ridiculous. If you're gonna compete, then it's almost madatory... Lol

insulin isn't a good idea unless you have to use it. it can cause huge fat gains if your diet isn't perfect AND YOU COULD DIE IF USED INCORRECTLY! and its not an "oh you could die if you take too much over a long period of time where you'd have plenty of warning signs to get medical attention" - its more like you go hypoglycemic and bam you go unconscious within minutes and die unless someone knows you use insulin or thinks you diabetic and forces sugar into your system in a damn quick fashion.

it can be used smartly but you better have a damn good understanding of how it work and how long it works. unless you have no other choice (meaning a diabetic or competing pro), you shouldn't use insulin. its just stupid.

Great reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does insulin make a great difference anyways when using hgh and doing a test cycle or will you see decent results with the hgh/test alone?

Does insulin make a great difference anyways when using hgh and doing a test cycle or will you see decent results with the hgh/test alone?

let's get something clear bro... 2iu's of gh is gonna do nothing for u in terms of muscle gains and fat loss, it might help u sleep better and may improve mood etc, but this is only after being on for 6 months +...

for bodybuilding purposes u gotta be using approx 1iu per 10KG of body weight, so if u are 100kg (220lbs) u should be running 10iu's per day, everyday, and not just for a short period of time... again, 6 months+ to see any decent results combined with a good cycle, proper training, nutrition and rest...

Last edited:
If I was not familiar with the compound, risks and mechanism of action, etc. I would not be contemplating using it. What I'm not clear on is if an Insulin such as Humalog (with a 15-minute onset time) is generally considered preferential to Humulin-R (with it's 30-minute onset time) for bodybuilding purposes or if I'm just splitting hairs with these two. For the purposes of this discussion the growth and insulin would be used post-workout.

Last edited:
I have ran a number of insulin cycles. Humalog is the best choice and what I used. Like previously posted insulin is very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. If seriously considering do your research. Insulin does work well though but diet plays a big role. I put on very good lean mass my first few cycles and but my last cycle i got fat real quick from eating poorly.

PM me if you have questions.

Back