I have a plan.....I think!

manstan

Ok, I got back into lifting and fitness at the start of February this year, was weight around 245 lbs, currently around 202 lbs, I have around 10-12 kgs to go (22-26 lbs) at least, i'm around 20 % BF give or take (probably give) , want to get to 10-12%. Age 46, height 5'11.

So now my plan, cut out alcohol, am allowing twice a week, 3 vodkas with a squeeze of lime and water only.
Water intake 5-7 litres (close to 2 US gallons) daily.
Diet will be based around 3J's Advanced MCT oil protocol, but with some carbs, will be targeting 40-50 grams of carbs with a refeed twice a week, was thinking Wednesday and Sundays for the refeed, will be targeting 100-150 grams of clean carbs. Might substitute some of the chicken breast with either whole eggs or whey, I really don't like chicken breast much.

So this will give me between 1700 and 2100 calories depending on what day of the week, protein will be 174-190 grams. Carbs will be from oats, humus, banana and whatever else I need to make up the calories.

Workouts, cardio 1 hour LISS 5-7 days a week, done in the morning
Lifting late afternoon

Mon-Back and Chest
Tues-Shoulders and Arms
Wednesday-Legs/Lower back
Thursday-Rest
Repeat, that should average 4-5 sessions per week.

How does it look?

Hi, I'm planning to start next Wednesday and continue until first week of January, so 7-8 weeks.
With the carb cycling I should be ok.
Jan until end of March I will be eating at maintenance, then if finances permit I'll be taking your services for a year, thankfully the Mrs is cool with that.

yea dont run that mct protocol too long.. 8 weeks tops..

and i have payment plans for that! its on special right now for 600!
Hi, I'm planning to start next Wednesday and continue until first week of January, so 7-8 weeks.
With the carb cycling I should be ok.
Jan until end of March I will be eating at maintenance, then if finances permit I'll be taking your services for a year, thankfully the Mrs is cool with that.

yea dont run that mct protocol too long.. 8 weeks tops..

and i have payment plans for that! its on special right now for 600!

Cool, but I live in India for the past 10 years, our currency ain't worth shit right now, hence I'm rooting for ST.. Plus we have elections here next year, which will effect my income, sucks sometimes being self employed....

2 gallons of water per day !? thats seems pretty excessive unless you live in a super hot climate and work outside all day long .. otherwise that much water is just stripping your body of valuable electrolytes

2 gallons of water per day !? thats seems pretty excessive unless you live in a super hot climate and work outside all day long .. otherwise that much water is just stripping your body of valuable electrolytes

I live in the humid tropics and work out twice a day, I also take electrolytes on most days. Right now the temp is 32° centigrade, close to 90° Fahrenheit, humidity 92% , 01.30 am, you can sweat half a gallon and not even know. I can judge fairly easily my water intake and electrolyte requirements, due to my big calves, they cramp at the first sign of imbalance.

following to hear your mct oil updates.

I'll be keeping this thread as a log, will be using virgin coconut oil (can't find any with experience) this is hand pressed in my adopted village, for the ground beef I'll be using sirloin or brisket will meet with my butcher tomorrow.

I'll be keeping this thread as a log, will be using virgin coconut oil (can't find any with experience) this is hand pressed in my adopted village, for the ground beef I'll be using sirloin or brisket will meet with my butcher tomorrow.

hand pressed may be fine, but you need the real MCT oil, does someone separate their oils there?

hand pressed may be fine, but you need the real MCT oil, does someone separate their oils there?

Very difficult to by the separated MCT oil here, unless I buy more than 100 litres, some online suppliers also have it, but it's 20 time the cost of coconut oil per litre. But i'm cool with using coconut oil, as have been using it for years, definitely have felt the benefits of it.

Very difficult to by the separated MCT oil here, unless I buy more than 100 litres, some online suppliers also have it, but it's 20 time the cost of coconut oil per litre. But i'm cool with using coconut oil, as have been using it for years, definitely have felt the benefits of it.

there is nothing wrong with using it all you can for sure, its great for you and your bowels/colon will love you for it. please keep us posted how it goes. :)

Last edited:
I'll be starting on Friday, woke up to chaos in India this morning! sorted the beef, will order the chicken breast tomorrow and have a weeks portions weighed and delivered to me.

I'll be starting on Friday, woke up to chaos in India this morning! sorted the beef, will order the chicken breast tomorrow and have a weeks portions weighed and delivered to me.

how did you hook up with beef in India? good for you.

how did you hook up with beef in India? good for you.

No problem where I live, otherwise I wouldn't have moved here.
Will be starting tomorrow, got my beef minced and portioned, chicken also ready. Will be without carbs for at least the first four days.
Not worked out since last Sunday, done a little cardio and had two days at the beech in between, currently have left my gym until the new year, so will be working out with bands, bodyweight and whatever objects in my house I can use.
Will be trying to be super strict, supplements as follows,

Fish oil 2 grams
Vitamin c 1 gram
Zinc 50 mg
Chromium picolinate 800 mcg
Vitamin d3 5000 iu's plus Sun when I have the patience.
I'm also running t3 @ 50mcg, might be underdosed or my replacement dose, I have 3 weeks worth left, don't really want to buy anymore, it's from an ugl.
Will also be using creatine monohydrate @ 3 grams daily.
Green tea extract 600mg egcg.
Maybe 50 mg synephrene also, austinites fat loss stack.
Will start back on salbutamol somewhere for 3 weeks, not the greatest fat burner, but does wonders for cardio in my experience.

Ok, started this on Saturday, have dropped the t3 down to 37.5 mcg, when I get the chance I'll do a basic thyroid panel, to ascertain if it's bunk or not.
Day 1- had a shitty sleep the night before, so didn't work out, pissed a lot, cut the chicken in to 1" cubes, wasn't too bad, considering I don't like breast meat, the beef I used was sirloin mince, was quite tough and dry, had my meals with a good helping of watermelon salad, no dressing or seasoning.
Day 2- no problem, worked out chest,back and traps, along with 45 mins liss cardio, ate my chicken, was nice, added some tenderiser to my beef, left it too long, it became like a pate, much better than day one, again meals with salad.
Day 3, woke up by my daughter after an ok sleep in shock, my love handles had reduced by what seems 50%, if I stretch my arms up I can see my six pack, nice! Enjoyed my coconut oil coffee, got busy today and reached back late, Mrs wanted a fight.....anyway was expecting to be hit with doms bad by evening, didn't happen just sore in a nice way, wolfed my chicken down with some hummus I made. Will be having my beef shortly with a salad and some more hummus.
I've been crapping a lot more, like 4 times a day, not sure what that's all about? I've increased my salt intake slightly and am taking an electrolyte daily, currently drinking approx 1 US Gallon of water daily, less than normal, not sure why, just don't feel like it. I'm also feeling warmer.

So far I am managing, I've been surrounded by food all day, it's driving me crazy at times, anyway I want to run for at least 4 weeks, hopefully 6, which will take me to just before Christmas...
I forgot to had I've been adding spinach and rocket to my beef mince.

Last edited:
Struggled to eat my beef last night, it tasted good, but no appetite, I was eating at the pace of a three year old!
Day 4-Again I woke up leaner, my boxers which have been getting progressively looser over the past few months, actually slipped down my arse, as I walked across my house. Good stuff, my moobs look a little smaller, unfortunately for me will be the last to go. A little doms has kicked in on my lats, not terrible though.

Back