I want to take charge of my TRT but could use some help

dardone

I am 55 in good health but have been feeling like crap for many years, 8 to 10 to be exact. I don't just complain I research, I talk to my doctor, I work out, and I eat rite. I lost 20 pounds, I cut way down on my sugar and my blood pressure is back to normal. I was treated for hepatitis twice, the old brutal interferon regimen. the hepatitis C is now undetectable.

I am on Methadone for a addiction to opiates but have bin off of illegal drugs for about 12 years. I cut my dose over time to half it was before. with all this clean responsible living I still feel like sh!t. I told my doctor how I felt and he had no problem putting me on any anti depressant I wanted,for life but could offer no other help even though I insisted that I was not depressed. I finally found a story on line about a study showing that strong long acting pain killers like Methadone lower your testosterone.

I did hours of research and was feeling confident that I had found an answer to my many years of feeling that life was over. He started me on 100 mg once a month, ridicules I know but thought he would raise my dose. He prescribed me multi dose bottles and said he would see me in 3 months. I raised my dose, I know all about the risk but was so! tired of feeling so bad. I have been on 100mg a week for 3 months and it literally changed my life. I feel 15 years younger, depression is gone and anxiety is much better, I started loosing more weight and I want to do things again even interested in girls again. I feel great no sh!t. Now the doctor is giving me a hard time about raising my dose. I was going to discuss it with him till he told me that testosterone has nothing to do with my mood. That I could use my multi dose bottle for over 10 months. that the half life for Test cypionate is not 8 days but thirty with no ups or downs. At that point I decided I was not going to let this ass run my therapy.

I am now going to get my own Test Cyp and monitor my own blood an keep listening to people who know what they are talking about. I am poor financially but not mentally. could use a little help on how to do this myself because I am not going back to feeling like life is not worth living. I also was not being the best dad that I could be please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can take charge in three easy steps.

1. Read the TRT FAQ sticky thread.

2. Fire your doctor, he's retarded and borderline committing malpractice by making shit up to keep you quiet.

3. Find a new doctor (you may have to interview a few) that actually reads things like the pharmacokinetics of esterfied testosterone. Discuss with him your concerns and actually work towards getting off that poison (it's still opiates man, but big pharma gets paid instead of a dealer) that's destroying your body.

Boom! You've just reclaimed your body and destiny in one fell swoop. Of course, folks here can fill in the blanks that the sticky may not cover for you. ;)

Oh, going at it via the black market has so many disadvantages its not even funny. You have a precedence, in your medical file - run with that, don't throw away something that makes you LEGAL and able to obtain coverage.

My .02c :)

Edit: This is coming from an opiate addict that has done essentially exactly what I'm recommending, so I KNOW it can be done. :)

I have very limited funds and I am on state husky ins. they do pay for TRT but,
I am very limited on doctors and every other medical resource. I have read
the TRT FAQ sticky thread and much more. Do you have any advice on how to
approach doctors about this. My problem now is, no way I can go back to no Test
for a month. Not after knowing and feeling the way I do now.

I have very limited funds and I am on state husky ins. they do pay for TRT but,
I am very limited on doctors and every other medical resource. I have read
the TRT FAQ sticky thread and much more. Do you have any advice on how to
approach doctors about this. My problem now is, no way I can go back to no Test
for a month. Not after knowing and feeling the way I do now.

The inability to change doctors is an illusion. I've been on disability before and they make it seem like the doctor that is assigned to you is the end-all-be-all for your treatment. That's not the case whatsoever.

Start by talking to your case worker. They will be able to tell you which doctors fall under coverage and if they have any recommendations. Just be honest, and tell them that you have a lack of confidence in your doctor, and want a second opinion (or third, fourth, fifth, etc) as your own research does not match what he's saying to you.

Don't make insults or speak ill of the tard, but just stick to facts and things should move forward. It's a matter of being persistent, and not giving up.

Three very important things I learned about addiction:

1. You can't quit until you're ready. ONLY you will know when this is.

2. Pain is a part of life. Being afraid of it is not doing you any favors. I was terrified of feeling that horrible pain that I felt when I split my leg in two at the knee. It hasn't ever been that bad again; fear (addiction justification) lies.

3. Withdrawals are avoided if you taper down and it takes about 72 hours to be in the clear physically. Mentally takes much, much longer. Eventually you will forget about that feeling that you crave. Life is much better when you're participating in my book. :)

Hope that helps.

I am not detoxing. I am just lowering my dose because the TRT is making me feel much better i dont need as much. I am in no hury to detox. I feel good my famy is safe why risk fuckjng that up.

Back