Im Curious

blackbeard

How many of you have learned from the advice given on this board?
were you the type of person who thought his routine weas perfect (but wasnt seeing any results) and then decided to adopt a routine by PB or IA or something of a mix of the two?..Im looking for honesty here, theres no shame in admitting that what you were doing before was crap..I think if you continued on the same path following some Muscle and Fiction routine your just an assclown..

My reasoning: I do not give out advice in the gym unless someone asks me..well i do not look like a BB but if i did decide to cut up i would still be a fairly big boy..anyway i got these 2 kids 155 soaking wet who continually ask me what they should do but they never ever follow what i say and whenever they ask and i answer they always tell me that that is not what they heard to be true.. :)
Their routine is a joke 12-15 sets for each body part chest 2x week..I mean its no wonder they arent growing..Anyway the latest thing is they "think" they need a "boost" you know what kind i mean thats right the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) kind..just fuggin dumb..funny thing is im no genious but i am fairly confident i could put 20 lbs on these 2 in a year easily BUT they will Never Listen to my training advice as they say what i do is ONLY to get stronger NOT bigger..uggh guess im just venting but i hate to see 2 more misguided kids make mistakes by fucking around with gear thinking its the MAGIC potion.

Any of you young guys reading this please do not be like them.Exhaust every option first tons of food different training routines more sleep more food and even more food some natty supps..And most of all TIME..you cannot become huge in a year..sorry it just doesnt work that way some gain more than others but this thing weather you are in it for strength or size or bothe will take time..and it should be fun (most of the time) getting there..Fuck i wanna squat 1,000 but hell im gonna enjoy watching 8 fall first then onto 900 then hitting that goal.shit kids these days wanna walk into a gym and bench 405 in 3 months :rolleyes: Enjoy the road if not get outta my way

Pullingbig has probaby reshaped the way i think about training, gotten some good ideas from him, you, dawg, and i am sure their are others. Getting kids to listen to you in the gym is hard, hell i cannot even get my brother to listen to me, he has a "bad back" which now means absolutely no work for the lower back. Funny how the doc cannot find anything wrong with it.

jcp2 said:
Pullingbig has probaby reshaped the way i think about training, gotten some good ideas from him, you, dawg, and i am sure their are others. Getting kids to listen to you in the gym is hard, hell i cannot even get my brother to listen to me, he has a "bad back" which now means absolutely no work for the lower back. Funny how the doc cannot find anything wrong with it.

i hear ya..it just gets frustrating to see them go down that road without a clue
i heard them talking about sustanon pills LOL

My leg workout used to be this:

5x5 squats
4x10 leg press
3x10 extensions
3x10 curls

Now it's this:
3x6 squats
2x10 leg press

My legs have never looked awesomer.

since i started using what ive learned from you guys here and EliteFTS, Ive made more gains in both size and strength in the last 5 months than i have in the last 5 years. NO JOKE. im finally learning what works for me and how to structure my workouts to give me the results im after. and its nothing like what you would find in a glossy magazine...
thanks everyone.

Blackbeard, I have definitely listened to the advice I have received on this board. There are many people with more experience then me and a lot of lifting weights is trial and error. If someone has more experience then they most likely have tried things and errored more than myself. This also equates to increased knowledge of the lifting game.

I feel for you when you speak about others not listening to advice. I think a lot of times it is human nature to only listen to what we want to hear. I bet if you told those two kids to juice they would start up tomorrow. It is what they want you to say. I get very frustrated in this regard also but we must keep offering others true knowledge because there is so much misinformation.

Well I learned about the 5x5 routine from this board and I've been implementing it, I can't really say how well it's been working for me though becuase I've been cutting (naturally) so strength gains haven't been that great

blackbeard i was one of those 155's this past january. i thought my workouts were flawless so i kept with them for about 2 years not seeing much of a difference. in january i started a workout based on PB's advice and have since then have gained 10 pounds and tons of strength. i really don't post much here because im still way too young to be giving many suggestions but i am constantly reading everything i can on this board. what changed my thinking was just constantly reading how people were seeing progress with the workouts on this board combined with the lack of results my old workouts were giving me. now i know that gear is useless for me right now (at age 20) since i cannot eat more and do less cardio since i am still a competitive soccer player. thanks fellas and don't worry about those kids they should learn through ur success but its their fault for not listening

without this board and 2 of my buddies. I would be lost. not eating enough,,, doing the SAME thing in the gym week in and week out. I was DEFINATELY one of those 145 pounders when I started ,, and after 2 years and only 5lbs I decided that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) was the way to go,,, well ,, though I made amazing gains (20lbs) in the first cycle,, it wasn't until the second cycle that I really knew what the hell I was doing (another 20lbs) ,,, now I’m sitting at 177 cutting down from 185 the RIGHT way,, CLEANLY !! ,,, and when I’m ready for another cycle,, I will know what to do ,, how much to eat,,, what to eat ,, when to eat it,, and what my lifting regime should be. gains i have realized come with lots of time put into HARD lifting,, and yes ,, have fun with it,, its not a job. though it can be harder than one. its a hobby,, a sport,, a past time. its our health... can't wait to start bulking again !!!!!

Last edited:
who are the cuties in the avatar?

ecko04 said:
blackbeard i was one of those 155's this past january. i thought my workouts were flawless so i kept with them for about 2 years not seeing much of a difference. in january i started a workout based on PB's advice and have since then have gained 10 pounds and tons of strength. i really don't post much here because im still way too young to be giving many suggestions but i am constantly reading everything i can on this board. what changed my thinking was just constantly reading how people were seeing progress with the workouts on this board combined with the lack of results my old workouts were giving me. now i know that gear is useless for me right now (at age 20) since i cannot eat more and do less cardio since i am still a competitive soccer player. thanks fellas and don't worry about those kids they should learn through ur success but its their fault for not listening

ecko04 said:

good for you sounds like your on the right track!!!!!

if i had never read this board i would still be eating small meals no more then twice a day and drinkin protein 3 times a day. (retarded i know, but no one ever told me) I'm still a little bullheaded when it comes to my routine though, if I'm not lifting at least 5 days a week I feel like a piece of shit. so my question is, how many people have/had the same problem? I'm doing a six day routine, 2 body parts a day :confused: am I screwing myself or what?

I give you guys mad props. Before, I thought I knew alot about training and really didn't know shit. If it wasn't for a couple guys in the gym telling me I needed to start eating more and then recommending I start reading from steriodology I would prob. still be stuck in the same rut. Thanks for all your helpfull advise. Over the past 11 months I've gained ALOT of strength and size gains I never wouldve believed were even possible, because I was so used to making little or no gains before. Thanks again.

i really like this board and have learned tons.it makes me laugh it teaches me it pushes me especialy when folks like you and the others who post a training log push huge weight.i have learned more about training and nutrition since i loged on this board then in my whole training life,and i have been an athlete since i was a kid.i had some good coaches too!the people on this board are great and i appreciate this forum!

'ology tought me pretty much everything I know about lifting. it helped me make an informed decision to stay natural, im 17. it was good to see both sides of the arguement though since i remember some people saying that they started Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) at a young age and would do it all over again if they could. PullinBig taught me that you need to force feed yourself to get big, not just go to the gym. It taught me that bench press isnt all that matters. Ology introduced me to the "big 3" in lifting, and about 1/2 a year ago I first saw PB's 'example' power lifting routine and that showed me just how low they mean when they say low volume, and that lead me to finally finding a routine that works for me! its great that you vets help out people that are 100% new to weight lifting even if you have to spell it out for them.

This training forum( particularly the PL guys) has helped me heaps.
I have totally changed the way I look at training, particularly in regards to reps, weight and recovery

good glad you guys have seen results
ive learned from being here as well..dont get me wrong i saw results belive it or not using somewhat of a standard routine ( ie 10-15 sets) as well as with 5x5..however it doesnt even compare to what i have seen over the last 8 months or so and ive been natty and pretty much have a shtty diet although i get my protein in

is there anyone who has had negative results from following advice given on here? dont be afraid to post!!!!

mister69: those are just random girls that i found on collegehumor.com

blackbeard: i think i am on the right track now and hopefully will get into powerlifting comps later on

ecko04 said:
blackbeard: i think i am on the right track now and hopefully will get into powerlifting comps later on

if thats what you wanna do than thats great..
i dont want to confuse a new guy and make them thing they have to be a powerlifter using a suit and shirt in order to grow because thats not the truth

i think a great routine is built around the squat/bench/dead throw in some assistance geared towards bodybuilding and youll definitely see reults especially with good diet/cardio

I'm not going to lie. Even with this board, I am clueless in the gym. But that which I have learned here is very important stuff.

I think this board is too far ahead of where I'm at: the beginning. It would be great if somebody would point me to or write a single routine that I need to follow.

I know that I need to go see pullinbig; he doesn't live that far away from me. But funds are low and, well, I'm just embarrased to go out there before I've learned some of the basics for myself.

So, can anyone help? I'll open up a new thread so that I don't hijack this one.

Back