I'm Furious!!!

Thanks for the responses guys...Wow was I mad after that class. Thanks for letting me vent and I'm sure you'll needed it a bit too.

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S.

Division of Endocrinology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA.

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts. However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses, lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology. To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders, and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups: Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions. The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook, and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior, were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention. The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI). No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI. Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group. Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

truck said:
Ok just got out of one of My Exercise Science Classes and someone brought up steroid use and that if that person mainly in football injured someone that they should be criminaly liable... It didn't stop there. My teacher said ya its the roid rage that causes people to be able to hurt others. I argued that Roid rage is not a truth. And I explained the difference between steroid use and abuse and she said there is no difference. Everyone in the class besides a few others acted like i just set fire to a bible and pissed on it. I argued that there is no evidence that proper steroid use has no negitive effects if managed correctly. She again said there is no such thing as using steroids properly. OOOHHH the ignorence. If anyone has any literature backing the positives or nutrality of steroids I would love to go back to her office and drop the bomb on her. :shoot2: so if anyone has any literature they should email it to me at truck13@cyber-rights.net
You should have just told her that her response is ignorant and has no factual basis.

The effects of exogenous testosterone on sexuality and mood of normal men.

Anderson RA, Bancroft J, Wu FC.

Medical Research Council Reproductive Biology Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, Scotland.

The effects of supraphysiological levels of testosterone, used for male contraception, on sexual behavior and mood were studied in a single-blind, placebo-controlled manner in a group of 31 normal men. After 4 weeks of baseline observations, the men were randomized into two groups: one group received 200 mg testosterone enanthate (TE) weekly by im injection for 8 weeks (Testosterone Only group), the other received placebo injections once weekly for the first 4 weeks followed by TE 200 mg weekly for the following 4 weeks (Placebo/Testosterone group). The testosterone administration increased trough plasma testosterone levels by 80%, compatible with peak testosterone levels 400-500% above baseline. Various aspects of sexuality were assessed using sexuality experience scales (SES) questionnaires at the end of each 4-week period while sexual activity and mood states were recorded by daily dairies and self-rating scales. In both groups there was a significant increase in scores in the Psychosexual Stimulation Scale of the SES (i.e. SES 2) following testosterone administration, but not with placebo. There were no changes in SES 3, which measures aspects of sexual interaction with the partner. In both groups there were no changes in frequency of sexual intercourse, masturbation, or penile erection on waking nor in any of the moods reported. The Placebo/Testosterone group showed an increase in self-reported interest in sex during testosterone treatment but not with placebo. The SES 2 results suggest that sexual awareness and arousability can be increased by supraphysiological levels of testosterone. However, these changes are not reflected in modifications of overt sexual behavior, which in eugonadal men may be more determined by sexual relationship factors. This contrasts with hypogonadal men, in whom testosterone replacement clearly stimulates sexual behavior. There was no evidence to suggest an alteration in any of the mood states studied, in particular those associated with increased aggression. We conclude that supraphysiological levels of testosterone maintained for up to 2 months can promote some aspects of sexual arousability without stimulating sexual activity in eugonadal men within stable heterosexual relationships. Raising testosterone does not increase self-reported ratings of aggressive feelings.

Exogenous testosterone, aggression, and mood in eugonadal and hypogonadal men.

O'Connor DB, Archer J, Hair WM, Wu FC.

Department of Endocrinology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, UK. daryloc@psychology.leeds.ac.uk

To investigate (1) the effects of exogenous testosterone (T) on self- and partner-reported aggression and mood and (2) the role of trait impulsivity in the T-aggression relationship. Thirty eugonadal men with partners were randomized into two treatment groups to receive: (1) 200 mg im T enanthate weekly for 8 weeks or (2) 200 mg im sodium chloride weekly for 8 weeks. Eight hypogonadal men received 200 mg im T enanthate biweekly for 8 weeks. All groups completed a battery of behavior measures at baseline (Week 0) and at Weeks 4 and 8. Cognitive and motor impulsivity were the only predictors of self-reported total aggression (over and above age and T levels) at Weeks 0, 4, and 8. No significant changes in aggression or mood levels were found in the eugonadal-treated group. Significant reductions in negative mood (tension, anger, and fatigue) followed by an increase in vigor were found in response to T treatment in the hypogonadal group. These results demonstrate that inability to control one's behavior when such control is required by a particular situation (impulsivity) was found to significantly predict levels of aggression over and above age and T level. These data do not support the hypothesis that supraphysiological levels of T (within this range) lead to an increase in self- and partner-reported aggression or mood disturbances. Instead, for the first time, this study has identified the high level of negative affect experienced by hypogonadal patients. These findings have implications for T replacement therapy and male contraception.

This one is similar to what Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) users have experienced in real life:

Effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on mood and aggression in normal men: a randomized controlled trial.

Pope HG Jr, Kouri EM, Hudson JI.

Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02178, USA. pope@mclean.harvard.edu

BACKGROUND: Field studies of illicit anabolic-androgenic steroid users suggest that some develop manic or aggressive reactions to these drugs-a potential public health problem. However, controlled laboratory evaluations of these effects remain limited. METHODS: In a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial, we administered testosterone cypionate for 6 weeks in doses rising to 600 mg/wk and placebo for 6 weeks, separated by 6 weeks of no treatment, to 56 men aged 20 to 50 years. Psychiatric outcome measures included the Young Mania Rating Scale (YMRS), the Point Subtraction Aggression Paradigm (a computerized provocation test of aggression), the Aggression Questionnaire of Buss and Perry, the Symptom Checklist-90-R, daily diaries of manic and depressive symptoms, and similar weekly diaries completed by a "significant other" who knew the participant well. RESULTS: Testosterone treatment significantly increased manic scores on the YMRS (P = .002), manic scores on daily diaries (P = .003), visual analog ratings of liking the drug effect (P = .008), and aggressive responses on the Point Subtraction Aggression Paradigm (P = .03). Drug response was highly variable: of 50 participants who received 600 mg/wk of testosterone cypionate, 42 (84%) exhibited minimal psychiatric effects (maximum YMRS score, <10), 6 (12%) became mildly hypomanic (YMRS score, 10-19), and 2 (4%) became markedly hypomanic (YMRS score, > or =20). The 8 "responders" and 42 "nonresponders" did not differ significantly on baseline demographic, psychological, laboratory, or physiological measures. CONCLUSIONS: Testosterone administration, 600 mg/wk increased ratings of manic symptoms in normal men. This effect, however, was not uniform across individuals; most showed little psychological change, whereas a few developed prominent effects. The mechanism of these variable reactions remains unclear.

DougoeFre5h said:
Just remember, your opinions are based on facts and (possibly) personal experience, hers are based on sensational media, rumors and ignorance most of all. You dont need literature to sway her opinion, its not your job to make her "see the light". Just pity her and her uninformed viewpoints.
I agree 100%

Dosent trenbolone cause roid rage I have heard of cops shooting and killing people who dident deserve to be shot in the 1980's cuz they were on steroids.

plifix said:
Dosent trenbolone cause roid rage I have heard of cops shooting and killing people who dident deserve to be shot in the 1980's cuz they were on steroids.
That's not because they're on steroids; it's because they're cops.

i just made that cops thing up to piss you guys off but tren dose cause the roid rage now am i right or am i right?

drk_diggler said:
your wrong... its like giving someone a gun....the gun dosent kill anybody...
That's right, it's the bullet that does. Lets ban bullets and then see how much crime will go down.

i have had a number of health classes where the instructor discussed "shooting steroids into your veins to get big"

the first couple times i corrected them, but there is really no use in doing so.

oestrogen, not androgens is linked with aggressive behaviours.. this is confirmed in animal and humans (where no aromatizing Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) like stanozolol have no impact or lower agression)

Proc Biol Sci. 2000 Jun 7;267(1448):1089-96. Related Articles, Links

Oestrogen regulates male aggression in the non-breeding season.

Soma KK, Tramontin AD, Wingfield JC.

Department of Zoology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195-1800, USA. ksoma@u.washington.edu

Extensive research has focused on territorial aggression during the breeding season and the roles of circulating testosterone (T) and its conversion to 17beta-oestradiol (E2) in the brain. However, many species also defend territories in the non-breeding season, when circulating T-levels are low. The endocrine control of non-breeding territoriality is poorly understood. The male song sparrow of Washington State is highly territorial year-round, but plasma T is basal in the non-breeding season (autumn and winter). Castration has no effect on aggression in autumn, suggesting that autumnal territoriality is independent of gonadal hormones. However, non-gonadal sex steroids may regulate winter territoriality (e.g. oestrogen synthesis by brain aromatase). In this field experiment, we treated wild non-breeding male song sparrows with a specific aromatase inhibitor (fadrozole, FAD) using micro-osmotic pumps. FAD greatly reduced several aggressive behaviours. The effects of FAD were reversed by E2 replacement. Treatment did not affect body condition or plasma corticosterone, suggesting that all subjects were healthy These data indicate that E2 regulates male aggression in the non-breeding season and challenge the common belief that aggression in the non-breeding season is independent of sex steroids. More generally, these results raise fundamental questions about how sexual and/or aggressive behaviours are maintained in a variety of model vertebrate species despite low circulating levels of sex steroids or despite castration. Such non-classical endocrine mechanisms may be common among vertebrates and play an important role in the regulation of behaviour.

daan69 said:
i have had a number of health classes where the instructor discussed "shooting steroids into your veins to get big"

the first couple times i corrected them, but there is really no use in doing so.
At least you can make them look like fools that dont know what the fuck they are talking about.

drk_diggler said:
your wrong... its like giving someone a gun....the gun dosent kill anybody...

Haley: Guns Kill!!!

-Stan putting the gun on table.

Stan: Come on gun, kill someone!

Stan: Come on, dont be shy!

Same thing happens in my classes. Out of the whole class i think 1 kid raised his hand in approval for steroid use, he said he pays money to see pro athletes make great plays and give a great show and if steroids help that show he is all for it, after all its his money.
Professor is a huge armstrong fan and said if he was ever caught using any substance on the controlled list she would lose all respect for him.

Its very easy for these retards to make comments about things they have no idea about. I would ask her how many steroid users she knows and how much fact she has gathered from watching them and being around them and then tell her to show you actual documents written up from some proffessional saying that steroids caused this and that and then you will see closer to her view.

Until she can give you those,

Shes dumb.

DougoeFre5h said:
Obviously ;)
mranak brings up a good point, there is no such thing as "proper use". The whole arguement is between our opinion of proper use and her opinion that there is no proper use. Same with the opposing views on religion, abortion, war, etc etc. You cant win, agree to disagree.
I disagree with your statement so I can agree. No I agree totally. I use gear and somwtimes I wonder when I flare up if it's the gear that pushing me a little over the edge.

Personally myself when I do flare up, I find that I stay that way a little longer then normal. But the poster is correct. People who have no knowledge of gear use, just think that it's all bad.

Tough

Back