Im looking to gain weight!!!

g8tr

Good afternoon y'all. Brandon here from south FL. Over the past few years, iv been in and out of the gym due to hernia surgery, working etc excuses excuses. Anyways, iv been back in the gym the past month going hard no days off. Im following a routine from bodybuilding.com that focuses on the whole body, usually go Mon-wed-Fri and weekend off.

Im 25, 5'9, 147 lbs. Im aiming for 3,200 calories per day to try and gain 1lb per week. My ideal weight id like to be around 165-170.... Iv never been past 150 in my life, (from lack of eating)

Can anybody who's been small or in my position recommend a diet plan that I can follow and use on a daily basis? I'm sure after some time I will get use to it and know what to eat..

Iv been eating a lot of pancakes/waffles, cereal for breakfast.. whole milk, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken and turkey sandwiches, yogurt, peanut butter, whey protein, PB Jif bars, rice, things of that nature just about every day..

Is there something I can follow or what do you do to make sure you're eating enough every x amount of hours so you reach your goals?

I was also thinking about running a cycle of Test and Dbol to stack on size quickly.... good or bad idea? I have access to both but haven't taken it yet because of my diet, if I'm not consuming enough calories/carbs etc the supplements would do me no good. But if I started to take it right away and made sure I'm reaching the caloric intake every day, I would see changes ?

You need to focus on diet first which has been mentioned a lot in your previous thread. Look up 3j and/or read his threads for diet tips.

Good afternoon y'all. Brandon here from south FL. Over the past few years, iv been in and out of the gym due to hernia surgery, working etc excuses excuses. Anyways, iv been back in the gym the past month going hard no days off. Im following a routine from bodybuilding.com that focuses on the whole body, usually go Mon-wed-Fri and weekend off.

Im 25, 5'9, 147 lbs. Im aiming for 3,200 calories per day to try and gain 1lb per week. My ideal weight id like to be around 165-170.... Iv never been past 150 in my life, (from lack of eating)

Can anybody who's been small or in my position recommend a diet plan that I can follow and use on a daily basis? I'm sure after some time I will get use to it and know what to eat..

Iv been eating a lot of pancakes/waffles, cereal for breakfast.. whole milk, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken and turkey sandwiches, yogurt, peanut butter, whey protein, PB Jif bars, rice, things of that nature just about every day..

Is there something I can follow or what do you do to make sure you're eating enough every x amount of hours so you reach your goals?

I was also thinking about running a cycle of Test and Dbol to stack on size quickly.... good or bad idea? I have access to both but haven't taken it yet because of my diet, if I'm not consuming enough calories/carbs etc the supplements would do me no good. But if I started to take it right away and made sure I'm reaching the caloric intake every day, I would see changes ?

Try Homemade Protein Smoothies. Drinking homemade protein smoothies can be a highly nutritious and quick way to gain weight.

I'm 5' 10", avi is current @ 164lbs. I eat 3,500 calories a day. I eat a lot of peanut butter sandwiches. 3-4 a day if I've missed food. 4-5 tablespoons per sandwich whole grain multi grain bread.

I know I feel a jealousy inside when someone 210 lbs is eating 3200 calories a day. All my life I've been skinny and everyone always says "you can eat anything you want." Looking at my fitness pal log I get better results running a higher fat intake.

prep an extra plate of dinner and leave it in the microwave. set your clock for midnight, get up and eat it and go back to sleep.

prep an extra plate of dinner and leave it in the microwave. set your clock for midnight, get up and eat it and go back to sleep.

Gotta laugh ^^^ ah haaa. You know I did it . I set an alarm for 3:00 am and would drink a milkshake.

SO , I recommend the same in regard to diet and training. You are going to need to know how to eat and train when cycle time comes. Gotta get to be a way of life... Because the sport requires patience. Like they say " this is not a sprint but a marathon"

OP, if you do some research you will understand more of what we are saying.

Gain 20lbs min and keep you BF% below 15% and then after you have learned more or the protocols and why then you may be ready.

Good Luck stick with it and get back with us.

OMM

Last edited:
Eat, Eat & Eat...
Try to eat 6 smaller meals a day if you can't eat a lot in one sitting. Try to eat dense foods like pastas, breads, and supplement that with foods high in protein and fat. Easy things would be stuff like peanut butter.

Get ahold of 3J; his links are to your right and above. His diet plans are second to known.

find your maintenance, and stay 500-800 calories above maintenance. Jack your carbs up and eat 1g protein per bf....I know it seems cookie cutter but that's literally how you put on weight, and I am living proof. Stay basic, there is no secret diet, or eating this specific amount of protein. If your sensitive to carbs and gain fat easy? Maybe you need to throw in small amount of cardio, and you can drop carbs and up proteins but warning...eating excess meat will back your digestive system up. iv had success gaining and keeping body fat down with upping my fats as well, I felt it didn't make a difference to eat 100g fats compared to 60g....FUNDAMENTAL DIETING IS KEY!!! Find your calorie mark and eat...

Eat, Eat & Eat...
Try to eat 6 smaller meals a day if you can't eat a lot in one sitting. Try to eat dense foods like pastas, breads, and supplement that with foods high in protein and fat. Easy things would be stuff like peanut butter.

Good advice there boboo thanks for sharing!

You should divide your meals into 5-6 meals a day to gain weight. If you are taking enough protein & calories that your body needs then you will gain weight for sure.

Lots of small portions really do help, that's for sure.Not always available though, depends on the job you have.

Back