IMPORTANT!!! Question about tracking EMS packs

osujudoman

Hey fellas, I have a package that was sent from China about 2 weeks ago that the tracking number never worked for. All of a sudden I've got a delivery notice on my door yesterday with the same number. Sure enough, I enter in the tracking number online to check it and it finally shows up as having been attempted to be delivered.

The problem I have is this... when I check the tracking history of the package, it shows as having come into Kennedy, then going straight to the post office like the next day. NO MENTION AT ALL of even having gone through customs. I've had a few international packs come to me and every time I've tracked them they all mentioned a very detailed timeline as far as when they enter the US, leave the airport, enter customs, pass customs, and are en route to my home. This one simply lists when it arrived at the airport, and that it left for delivery the next day (the timeframe makes sense... I've never had a package sit in customs longer than 24-36 hours). What bothers me is that customs isn't mentioned at all. Not that it entered, not that it sat for any extended amount of time, and not that it was held up or no longer trackable.

I guess I should also mention that I went to the post office yesterday to pick up my package before they closed and sat there for a good 5 minutes while the lady fooled around in the back. I got spooked after waiting that long and left saying that I had to be somewhere and couldn't wait any longer.

So what should I do? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any bros who've gotten controlled deliveries care to chime in? Does this situation sound like something like that? I'm gonna clean house today after I get off work... definately before I head to the post office again. Anything else I should be aware of or consider?

Thanks guys,

- Judoman

Call the post office and see if the package is there and if it is have them deliver it to your house

Well, better safe than sorry guys. I cleaned my place thoroughly and headed to the post office to pick up my package. Got it without any problems whatsoever. I think I'm gonna leave international alone for a while though... it's way to strenuous on me.

- Judoman

Back