Intermittent Fasting and Steroids?

raystanz333

Hello one and all! :)

I'm indeed something of a newbie to this forum, but not a newbie to fitness or some basic steroid knowledge.

I've been considering my first ever cycle soon, and naturally plenty of questions come to mind, which I do my best to research first. (Yes I've read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" stuff)

This isn't a "what should I DO!??" post, I'm simply trying start discussion. :)

Anyway!

Has anybody ever even considered trying Intermittent Fasting with steroid use? The concept sounds like a pretty bad idea to me, since it would be damn near impossible to cram all the extra nutrients needed on a cycle into a 6-4 hour eating window.

I've done IF myself for both bulking and cutting and have had marvelous results with it; but of course...I've never taken a cycle before.

What are all yawls thoughts/experiences on this? :D

Hello one and all! :)

I'm indeed something of a newbie to this forum, but not a newbie to fitness or some basic steroid knowledge.

I've been considering my first ever cycle soon, and naturally plenty of questions come to mind, which I do my best to research first. (Yes I've read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" stuff)

This isn't a "what should I DO!??" post, I'm simply trying start discussion. :)

Anyway!

Has anybody ever even considered trying Intermittent Fasting with steroid use? The concept sounds like a pretty bad idea to me, since it would be damn near impossible to cram all the extra nutrients needed on a cycle into a 6-4 hour eating window.

I've done IF myself for both bulking and cutting and have had marvelous results with it; but of course...I've never taken a cycle before.

What are all yawls thoughts/experiences on this? :D

If you can overcome the cravings during the fast, can function well while fasting, and have no,problems eating your required calories in an 8hr window then IF is fine. If you can't do it for whatever reason you can't. That doesn't make it superior or inferior.

If you can overcome the cravings during the fast, can function well while fasting, and have no,problems eating your required calories in an 8hr window then IF is fine. If you can't do it for whatever reason you can't. That doesn't make it superior or inferior.

Is there actually any benefits to IF dre? Don't quote me on it but i THINK i remember 3J once saying its more or less useless.

Is there actually any benefits to IF dre? Don't quote me on it but i THINK i remember 3J once saying its more or less useless.

3J prefers his own methods. His methods aren't wrong but neither is IF. Efficacy of ANY KIND OF DIET (Atkins, Zone, low carb, high carb, low/high fat, paleo, IF, warrior diet, Keto diet, etc) is based on a few scientifically proven principles. Namely calorie and macronutrient manipulation. No diet will work without this in place and every diet can work (unless you have a medical condition or something) with this in place. It really is as simple as calculating calorie needs, calculating macronutrient needs, tailoring them to your goals, filling those needs with foods you enjoy eating. 2meals or 8, 8hr feeding window or 24hr, keto diet or high carb diet, Zine diet or Atkins, post workout insulin spike or no insulin spike do not directly affect body composition. Neither does the name given to the food you eat.

It does have a few slight benefits but also has some downsides. Those who benefit the most out of IF are those who fill the prerequisites I listed above and those who want the convenience of not having to carry around a piece of airport luggage to store all 8 meals for their day.

Is it something you'd like to try or just curious about?

I've experimented with IF. Not on cycle however. I did it pre-cycle. I wanted to get down from 190 to 175 and I had success. I was injured at the time so all I could do was cardio. I've never had a big apatite so I thought it was worth a shot and it turned out to be easier than expected.

Now I'm on cycle and I'm always hungry. I can't imagine trying to do it now. I would probably eat my pillow and head board at night, after my wife's pussy of coarse! :agreed:

I knew the author of The Warrior Diet personally, as he trained his clients at a small club in the larger LA area whilst I lived there. I read his book, watched the way he trained his clients and personally tried his diet for a month out of curiosity. My conclusion is that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Again, I knew Ori personally and have had a many a' one on one's with him. Trash talking isn't my thing, but I will say this - I still wouldn't recommend the book nor the diet to anyone. IF, IMO, doesn't have a place in BB'ing.

Last edited:
I knew the author of The Warrior Diet personally, as he trained his clients at a small club in the larger LA area whilst I lived there. I read his book, watched the way he trained his clients and personally tried his diet for a month out of curiosity. My conclusion is that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Again, I knew Ori personally and have had a many a' one on one's with him. Trash talking isn't my thing, but I will say this - I still wouldn't recommend the book nor the diet to anyone. IF, IMO, doesn't have a place in BB'ing.

Why doesn't it have a place in BB'ing? Why does 6-8small meals have a better place in BB'img?

Ps I love your user title. I think we should start getting some fundraisers going to help Beast buy more synthol lol

I followed the IF/warrior diet for over a year when I was a natty. I liked it and got really lean. I trained fasted as well. I still managed to put on muscle and gain strength (did both cut and bulked using IF)

Now when I'm cycling I like to throw in a few days when I fast really long and even train fasted. It makes cutting easier. I'm already very lean though.

The benefits are increased macro nutrient partitioning(what your body does with carbs/protein) from increased leptin and insulin sensitivity and higher satiety from increased leptin sensitivity and bigger meals. I do it for the convinience factor and i like to eat big meals. I was never a breakfast person anyways. It's almost as simple as just skipping breakfast honestly. Eat more carbs on workout days and more fats on rest days. Protein stays the same.

The benefits are increased macro nutrient partitioning(what your body does with carbs/protein) from increased leptin and insulin sensitivity and higher satiety from increased leptin sensitivity and bigger meals. I do it for the convinience factor and i like to eat big meals. I was never a breakfast person anyways. It's almost as simple as just skipping breakfast honestly. Eat more carbs on workout days and more fats on rest days. Protein stays the same.

THIS...exactly my thoughts. Even if I'm not getting HGH surges from longer periods of time with lower insulin levels, I've always found it beneficial and worth it, just for the satisfaction of eating a whole steak and sweet potato instead of a little rabbit sized portion.

I've experimented with IF. Not on cycle however. I did it pre-cycle. I wanted to get down from 190 to 175 and I had success. I was injured at the time so all I could do was cardio. I've never had a big apatite so I thought it was worth a shot and it turned out to be easier than expected.

Now I'm on cycle and I'm always hungry. I can't imagine trying to do it now. I would probably eat my pillow and head board at night, after my wife's pussy of coarse! :agreed:

Now THIS is what I'm thinking is going to happen once I do attempt my first cycle. Obviously it's not a concern as long as I'm not OVER eating, but I figured that cycles would make IF quite hard.

THIS...exactly my thoughts. Even if I'm not getting HGH surges from longer periods of time with lower insulin levels, I've always found it beneficial and worth it, just for the satisfaction of eating a whole steak and sweet potato instead of a little rabbit sized portion.

Now THIS is what I'm thinking is going to happen once I do attempt my first cycle. Obviously it's not a concern as long as I'm not OVER eating, but I figured that cycles would make IF quite hard.

I agree with you but a little FYI on IF and HGH:

To see statically significant differences in HGH secretion you need to fast for 24hrs or more. The 18hr window of fasting on IF isnt quite enough I don't think although it won't hurt. To see clinically significant effects from HGH secretion due to fasting your need to fast for around 5days I believe. Not very convenient lol. All in all I think the HGH benefits of IF are overrated but that's me.

I agree with you but a little FYI on IF and HGH:

To see statically significant differences in HGH secretion you need to fast for 24hrs or more. The 18hr window of fasting on IF isnt quite enough I don't think although it won't hurt. To see clinically significant effects from HGH secretion due to fasting your need to fast for around 5days I believe. Not very convenient lol. All in all I think the HGH benefits of IF are overrated but that's me.

I read somewhere that the HGH secretion during fasting is just body's response to stress levels.

3J prefers his own methods. His methods aren't wrong but neither is IF. Efficacy of ANY KIND OF DIET (Atkins, Zone, low carb, high carb, low/high fat, paleo, IF, warrior diet, Keto diet, etc) is based on a few scientifically proven principles. Namely calorie and macronutrient manipulation. No diet will work without this in place and every diet can work (unless you have a medical condition or something) with this in place. It really is as simple as calculating calorie needs, calculating macronutrient needs, tailoring them to your goals, filling those needs with foods you enjoy eating. 2meals or 8, 8hr feeding window or 24hr, keto diet or high carb diet, Zine diet or Atkins, post workout insulin spike or no insulin spike do not directly affect body composition. Neither does the name given to the food you eat.

It does have a few slight benefits but also has some downsides. Those who benefit the most out of IF are those who fill the prerequisites I listed above and those who want the convenience of not having to carry around a piece of airport luggage to store all 8 meals for their day.

Thanks for the reply bro. At the moment just something I'm curious about, as with all aspects of nutrition. It fascinates me and it's obviously beneficial for my goals to learn as much as possible about nutrition. I'm currently on the PSMF. I think IF is something I'll try a bit further down the track, just to experience it if anything and see what my body likes/doesn't like. The more I can learn the better!

P.s THANK YOU (i think it was you) for posting that Lyle Macdonald booklet on PSMF in that other thread - awesome read. I read it all in one go at work lol couldn't put my phone down..

Thanks for the reply bro. At the moment just something I'm curious about, as with all aspects of nutrition. It fascinates me and it's obviously beneficial for my goals to learn as much as possible about nutrition. I'm currently on the PSMF. I think IF is something I'll try a bit further down the track, just to experience it if anything and see what my body likes/doesn't like. The more I can learn the better!

P.s THANK YOU (i think it was you) for posting that Lyle Macdonald booklet on PSMF in that other thread - awesome read. I read it all in one go at work lol couldn't put my phone down..

Why doesn't it have a place in BB'ing? Why does 6-8small meals have a better place in BB'img?

Ps I love your user title. I think we should start getting some fundraisers going to help Beast buy more synthol lol

Word. To say it has no place in bodybuilding is an exaggeration, as a calorie deficiency or surplus is a calorie deficiency or surplus, but seriously at what point are we overcomplicating things? On the top of my head, 3-8 meals has a more appropriate place in bodybuilding because it is much easier to fit in the appropriate amount of calories. The Warrior Diet was specifically designed to create a leaner, more focused "you", rather than a more physically desirable appearance.

Word. To say it has no place in bodybuilding is an exaggeration, as a calorie deficiency or surplus is a calorie deficiency or surplus, but seriously at what point are we overcomplicating things? On the top of my head, 3-8 meals has a more appropriate place in bodybuilding because it is much easier to fit in the appropriate amount of calories. The Warrior Diet was specifically designed to create a leaner, more focused "you", rather than a more physically desirable appearance.

How is eating in a 6hr window more complicated than eating in a wider window and eating 3-8meals? Having to pre sort all hose meals for me is a pain in the ass. To out them around with me is a further pain in the ass. To store them all in separate containers is a pain in the ass. My ass would be raw after all that lol. I don't pick a certain number of meals or a feeding window. I simply eat when I'm hungry and have the time while making sure to get all the nutrients I need. Whether it's 2 meals of 8 is irrelevant to me and doesn't hinder progress.

I agree with you that having no specific window can be easier to fit he appropriate amount of calories but that also depends on the intake. If you're cutting at 2500cals it's not difficult. If you're bulking on 5000 it can be.

Glad you enjoyed that link!

How is eating in a 6hr window more complicated than eating in a wider window and eating 3-8meals? Having to pre sort all hose meals for me is a pain in the ass. To out them around with me is a further pain in the ass. To store them all in separate containers is a pain in the ass. My ass would be raw after all that lol. I don't pick a certain number of meals or a feeding window. I simply eat when I'm hungry and have the time while making sure to get all the nutrients I need. Whether it's 2 meals of 8 is irrelevant to me and doesn't hinder progress.

I agree with you that having no specific window can be easier to fit he appropriate amount of calories but that also depends on the intake. If you're cutting at 2500cals it's not difficult. If you're bulking on 5000 it can be.

Again, word. I can't imagine eating even 3500 calories in one sitting, though. I found that fasting supressed my appetite. The first week, by the ,time of meal time, I was ravenous, but by the second week, I found I couldn't put down as many calories. Also my room smelt like farts every morning.

Again, word. I can't imagine eating even 3500 calories in one sitting, though. I found that fasting supressed my appetite. The first week, by the ,time of meal time, I was ravenous, but by the second week, I found I couldn't put down as many calories. Also my room smelt like farts every morning.

1 sitting? Are you talking about the Warrior Diet or IF? You can sit down as many times as you want with IF.

Back