Is this step essential..

legend05

5. Add oil to the vial, save 2 ml of oil in the syringe for later.

My last few batched I didnt save 2ml in the syringe to run through later, Has I missed an important part out?

Ta

2ml is saved to run through the filter at the end so you don't waste what is in the filter.

Or, Would there be alot of the hormone stuck in the filter - and the 2ml would be used to flush that through? If this is the case - my final product may be quite underdosed then?

legend05 said:
Or, Would there be alot of the hormone stuck in the filter - and the 2ml would be used to flush that through? If this is the case - my final product may be quite underdosed then?

yea this is the reason, no one wants to waste any hormone, but it wouldn't be that much of a big deal imo. i have always saved a little oil to run through the filter, but not essential.

Last edited:
Damn, Got me wondering how much was stuck in the damn filter then.....

May just bin it and make a new batch

i always just leave a bubble of air in the syringe as i filter it. i don't think this will get every last drop, but it should get a good bit out.

if the hormone got stuck the first time through, it doesn't seem like pushing oil through the filter again would really move any substantial amount through there.

i don't think there's enough hormone getting stuck in the filter for you to worry about.

unless your hormone fell out of solution you will not get it "stuck" in the filter. youre only losing the oil left in the filter which is 1-2ccs. if youre doing 50-100ml at a time, its no big deal.

legend05 said:
SO essentialy its not that important.. i would just end up with say 9ml instead of 10?
If I am reading this correctly, then you will have the expected final amount of mL (10mL in this case, I guess) but the concentration of hormone might be slightly less.

mranak said:
If I am reading this correctly, then you will have the expected final amount of mL (10mL in this case, I guess) but the concentration of hormone might be slightly less.

my guess is it directly related to the % still left in syringe..

1cc = 10%

it would be interesting to have a vials tested out to be sure, but my guess is that there will be no underdosing, just underfilling of a fully dosed solution.

Back