Is white bread really that bad of a carb choice?

ROAD DOG

I know brown rice and oatmeal are probably the best complex carbs for dieting,but can you make progress in your diet by eating white bread as your carb choice?

While dieting stick to wheat bread, oats, brown rice.

Dieting down sometimes sux cause yuo eat the same stuff all the time, btu get creative. I am sure Huskyguy will chime in he has some good recipes.

ROAD DOG said:
I know brown rice and oatmeal are probably the best complex carbs for dieting,but can you make progress in your diet by eating white bread as your carb choice?

mister69 said:
While dieting stick to wheat bread, oats, brown rice.

Dieting down sometimes sux cause yuo eat the same stuff all the time, btu get creative. I am sure Huskyguy will chime in he has some good recipes.
That's why I was asking,I have been eating the same stuff for about 5 years,every morning I would eat egg whites with oatmeal.The other day I decided to eat some toast with my egg whites and it was such a great change,now I am having a hard time going back to the oatmeal.

i think white bread has its place... like on the way home from the gym have 4-6 slices of white bread and a shake, or 4-6 rice cakes and a whey shake get the insulin levels up... but insulin levels should only be spiked in the morning and after workout.

there is so much good bread out there but everyone buys that soft shit in the plastic bags--it is practically like eating sugar so I would say white bread is not too great. Alternatives are potatoe bread, it is soft like white bread and is a bit better than white bread---if you are cutting, fill up on lots of green vegetables--never canned. Pita breads, and naan are also good but not necessarily for cutting. gnocchi dumplings are great I make my own from sweet potatoes--Go to a real baker and get a french loaf it is so much better and when it gets stale it is best for french toast

huskyguy said:
gnocchi dumplings are great I make my own from sweet potatoes
Same recipe but with sweet potatoes?

I love naan, but maybe a little too much, so I haven't made it in years. Although I don't make authentic naan I guess, since I use yeast.

Regular white bread is the solid food nutritional equivalent of a coke. It's got high fructose corn syrup, and the wheat flower from what it's supposed to be made from has been stripped of all of it's natural vitamins, and they have graciously thrown back in 8 or so in chemical form just so you can pee bright yellow and think you are being healthy.

I would say a donut is the solid food nutritional equivalent of a milkshake for those of you scoring at home.

TxLonghorn said:
Regular white bread is the solid food nutritional equivalent of a coke. It's got high fructose corn syrup, and the wheat flower from what it's supposed to be made from has been stripped of all of it's natural vitamins, and they have graciously thrown back in 8 or so in chemical form just so you can pee bright yellow and think you are being healthy.

I would say a donut is the solid food nutritional equivalent of a milkshake for those of you scoring at home.
So what did you have for dinner?

mranak said:
So what did you have for dinner?

Two donuts, some pie, and a snocone. I was going to have a couple of twinkies, but I'm trying to watch what I eat.

Wait, that's what I was thinking about when I ate some roast I made the other day. So maybe there's room for those twinkies...

Stick with 7 - 12 grain bread. A lot healthier.

No i don't see you having a problem with eating some toast with your eggs and oatmeal in the morning. If your really dieting strict then i would remove it.

Back