need tips for dieting while on the road

chavez

as a frequent traveler im always on the road or not at home to be able to set and maintain a strict diet. i travel between two states and usually drive instead of fly. only 7hr drive so its not too bad. my schedule is one week on and one week off. on my off weeks im home and find it easier to stick to a set diet or control any fast food cravings. ive spent some time the dieting forum and tried to implement as much of the info ive learned on here. prior to finding this site i was eating fast food three times a day and snacking on chips or cookies, beer was my water. after a trip to the doc i learned i was in bad health, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. i was 33 at the time, infact it was one year ago this month that blood work was done. my doctors advice was eat better and go to the damn gym. i took that advice and starting reading on this site in the diet forum. after cleaning up my diet and keeping the beer to a minimum(4 per week), i have just received a clean bill of health. doc said i was the healthiest he's seen all year. this after recovering from a month long battle with digestive virus that took 15lbs from me. i had just come off of a test E cycle that i started in march and ended in may. did pct through july and the last month ive seen myself go from 200lbs to 185lbs but my body fat stay the same at 17-19% depending on month for some reason. i realize this is all diet. which is where i struggle since im gone so much. below is typical day of food for me while on location.

breakfast - blueberry bagel, coffee, egg whites if theres time to cook.

snack - beef jerky, or turkey sandwich with wheat bread and spinach leaves, mustard.

lunch - usually at a restaurant, most of the time its grilled chicken with white rice and green beans.... but sometimes its chicken fried steak if i know im not gonna get to get away to eat again that day.

snack - usually doesnt happen, if it does its usually a complete cookie the vegan ones.

dinner - sometimes grill steak if theres time, most of the time its mexican food restaurant consisting of beef or chicken burrito.

water intake is pretty good at one gallon a day of water and i usually have a gatorade or juice plus the coffee in the moring if that even counts.

again this is a typical day but there are days when your only option is fast food or pizza hut. so my issues are how to eat as clean as possible when your choices are sonic, pizza hut, mcdonalds. i know this is stupid to some but when 6 months of your year is spent like this it makes it hard to stick to a brown rice, chicken and broccoli type diet. im not trying to reach six pack ab status but want to be able to get to a flat stomach at the least.

thanks for reading this and if ive left out needed info let me know and ill update. i would like to bulk back up to 200 and then start to lean out my stomach or do both at the same time if possible.

thanks again.

Firstly you need to realise everyone's metabolism is different from your own, what weight loss or gain diet that personally works for group A doesn't or might not work for group B, C or everyone else. If you want to naturally loose weight copy recipes from your grandmothers cook book and start buying and only eat foods your grandparents and others ate in the 50's and 60's. If you don't believe doing this will work, just look at any film and television footage from that era it's very clear to see back then they always ate good hearty meals yet nobody had weight issues or were obese like they are today.

Firstly you need to realise everyone's metabolism is different from your own, what weight loss or gain diet that personally works for group A doesn't or might not work for group B, C or everyone else. If you want to naturally loose weight copy recipes from your grandmothers cook book and start buying and only eat foods your grandparents and others ate in the 50's and 60's. If you don't believe doing this will work, just look at any film and television footage from that era it's very clear to see back then they always ate good hearty meals yet nobody had weight issues or were obese like they are today.

This is so true, todays coorporate bamas turned all that delicious wholesome comfort foods into pure poison.

im sure i could do this while in town and at home. while on location thats a different story, lets say i meal prep all those meals and i want to consume 4-5 meals a day. if i leave out for work on Monday morning 5am and do not return from location until Saturday afternoon that means i need a minimum of 24 prep'd meals and 30 max. the problem becomes storing that for a week. i do have a yeti 65 cooler but it wont hold 30 meals plus ice much less keep things frozen for 6 days.

i can for sure prep a decent amount of meals, maybe enough for two a day, the rest has to come from pre packaged snacks or food that doesnt have to be kept cooled while not eating. i guess im looking for tips or personal experience/preference on how you guys may handle dieting while not at home 6 months out of the year on a week on week off rotation. i understand its a long shot and may not be attainable. ive made huge strides in being better at heating healthy over the past year and it has really made a difference. was just hoping to find a way to push it to the next level.

Hows your diet going so far?

ive just been eating everything i can this week. trying to gain back the 18 pounds i lost due to a virus. i leave for location next week and im planning on meal prepping sunday. I'll be taking enough meals for three prep'd meals a day. those meals will consist of brown rice, ground chicken/turkey and i'll be bringing a bag of spinach/kale/arugula mix salad to eat with each meal. also planning on taking some cooked lean ground beef and mix with broccoli and bell pepper for dinners. breakfast provided time is on my side will be a blueberry bagel and egg whites with a protein shake. now for snacks i was planning on grilling some fajita beef/chicken strips. that way i can just grab a small bag of that to keep me going. ive also found some protien chips and protien bars i may take as well. ive added an additional yeti cooler to the arsenal and hoping these cooler temps help keep all my meals cold enough so that they do not spoil.

Back