Just injected glute, painless and smooth but awkward as fuck to twist around!!

STAUNCHED427

Elite Juicer
As the title suggests, I did my first glute injection tonight and was surprised at how little pain I felt, in fact I didn't feel the needle at all. Anyway, the problem is like many other people have experienced, it's not too bad to spin around and inject the needle and push the plunger, rather aspirating was a fucking bitch and to be honest I don't know if I even managed to aspirate properly as I couldn't see the usual air pocket. I ended up pinning with a 25G 1.5" initally and though fuck it il drop down to a 23G 1.25", went in smooth, tried to aspirate but spent more time fucking around doing that than what it was worth so I thought stuff it and just injected my test.

Now this was on my right glute, due to possibly my back being out of alignment or a very, very tight (this has always been an issue) lower back where the left lower back muscle is always tightened or like I said mis-alinged there is no way in hell I am going to be able to aspirate when doing my left glute, infact I don't even know if I could simply pin and inject in my left glute let alone aspirate. I will try it next injection however.

Anyway my question is too you, and expect negative reps if you tell me to UTFSE because believe me I hate answering easily answerable questions/spoon feeding people, but I would like to here your tips on glute injections and how you can make them more manageable and whether or not you aspirate (I have come across a few posts where people say the chance is so low to be in a vein in your glutes and if you are injecting slowly like you should you will know pretty soon so they just don't aspirate).

Also, 1.25" is that a little too short to be hitting glutes with? I'm probably going to just stick with 23G 1.5" over the usual 25G 1" for everywhere else, the bigger gauge just makes things easier on glutes IMO and it is painless.

Damn I wish my quads were pain free like this lol. Considering throwing in pecs to the rotation as well with a 25G 5/8"... Any experiences?

Cheers,
Staunched.

I use a mirror when pinning glutes and yeah, you are fine with a 1.25. I used to use 1.5 for flutes then started using 1" for everything and it was fine. Just bury the needle.

I don't aspirate. I don't aspirate anywhere I pin. CDC guidance is that aspirating is not necessary.

I just started pinning glutes too a few weeks ago. It is a little awkward. The thing that was hardest for me was knowing when the plunger was in depressed fully. I found that using a hand held mirror allows me to see what is going on. I sit down as I pin glutes. I tried laying on my side but I didn't like it as much.

Allright cheers for that fellas, in all seriousness I have done probably 70+ injects and only hit blood once when aspirating and but I knew I was sitting in a vein or something because I could feel it when it stopped in that spot and it wasn't fully in.

I will still aspirate on delts, quads and pecs (when I start them) just because it takes 3 seconds and is easy to do, glutes I may as well just make it easier and inject. What's the worse that happens, I inject slowly and realise I'm sitting in a vein and I may cough up a bit?

Would be easier if I had someone to just do glutes for me, even though I have never let anyone else inject for me.

You can come around pretty far for those injections. Meaning almost to your hip. I have some serious scar tissue in the middle of my glute so I moved more towards the hip and all is good. I prefer quads, delts tris lats and traps.

Allright cheers for that fellas, in all seriousness I have done probably 70+ injects and only hit blood once when aspirating and but I knew I was sitting in a vein or something because I could feel it when it stopped in that spot and it wasn't fully in.

I will still aspirate on delts, quads and pecs (when I start them) just because it takes 3 seconds and is easy to do, glutes I may as well just make it easier and inject. What's the worse that happens, I inject slowly and realise I'm sitting in a vein and I may cough up a bit?

Would be easier if I had someone to just do glutes for me, even though I have never let anyone else inject for me.

How many injects do u have per week bro? If only once or twice there's no need to be rotating so many sites. Ventro glute injections are the easiest, least painful, most convenient of any injection site.

1" pins are fine for glutes if bf% is not too high

I really don't get why so many guys complain about the difficulty of twisting for a glute shot... The proper injection point is high and closer to your hip. I'm 5'10" 275 and don't have any issues at all

I'm 5'5 195lbs and I have a helluva time staying in that twisted position for any length of time, especially once I get over the 200lb mark. Generally I'm more flexable later on in the day especially post workout once I got some blood flowing, mornings absolutely no way. Stretching beforehand usually helps a lot as well

You can come around pretty far for those injections. Meaning almost to your hip. I have some serious scar tissue in the middle of my glute so I moved more towards the hip and all is good. I prefer quads, delts tris lats and traps.

Yeah I was quite close to where you would draw a line down the middle of the glute, I might try coming closer to the hip. I'm going to be seeing the chiropractor soon to get my back checked out, hopefully that helps with the flexibility side of things.

How many injects do u have per week bro? If only once or twice there's no need to be rotating so many sites. Ventro glute injections are the easiest, least painful, most convenient of any injection site.

1" pins are fine for glutes if bf% is not too high

I really don't get why so many guys complain about the difficulty of twisting for a glute shot... The proper injection point is high and closer to your hip. I'm 5'10" 275 and don't have any issues at all

I inject 2x weekly keep in mind I am on TRT not cycling so this will be for life hence the reason for wanting so many rotations... Can it really hurt to be able to get comfortable with as many areas as possible? I can't see why. But yes I agree glutes seem to be painless and delts are right up next to them, smooth as butter, if only my quads were like that!

We are not all as flexible as others man, for one I can't twist around to the left as far I can to the right, hence why I mentioned my left glute will be much harder and aspirating is out of the question. I'm working on flexibility as best I can, having thrown in stretching multiple times a day and working on core strength. I must also be injecting too far in the middle though, so I will try a point closer to the hip for my next glute shot.

Yeah I was quite close to where you would draw a line down the middle of the glute, I might try coming closer to the hip. I'm going to be seeing the chiropractor soon to get my back checked out, hopefully that helps with the flexibility side of things.

I inject 2x weekly keep in mind I am on TRT not cycling so this will be for life hence the reason for wanting so many rotations... Can it really hurt to be able to get comfortable with as many areas as possible? I can't see why. But yes I agree glutes seem to be painless and delts are right up next to them, smooth as butter, if only my quads were like that!

We are not all as flexible as others man, for one I can't twist around to the left as far I can to the right, hence why I mentioned my left glute will be much harder and aspirating is out of the question. I'm working on flexibility as best I can, having thrown in stretching multiple times a day and working on core strength. I must also be injecting too far in the middle though, so I will try a point closer to the hip for my next glute shot.

I use my left hand for left glute, right hand for right side... aspirating is quite easy, just hold the syringe with ur thumb and pull back with ur index finger

Back