Keto Diet and Hypo Glycemia

caladin

-Flesh Eater-
I have a freind who is borderline hypo. Is it safe to do the Keto diet? what about the cylical one? Any info welcome!

cal, i get hypo also bro.

tell him to make sure he has something with him that he can take in to stop it . i have had 3 episodes so far! one of which was last night. its not a nice feeling. i keep orange juice on hand at all times in case bro

he will know when its coming on so he will beable to do whats needed to stop it.

it was my main concern when i dropped my carbs but doing it anyway. just needs to take proper precautions

caladin said:
I have a freind who is borderline hypo. Is it safe to do the Keto diet? what about the cylical one? Any info welcome!

Not only is it safe, but the only Diet your friend should be on. I am extremely hypoglycemic and before adopting a low carb diet I was a wreck. If I ate a 'normal' breakfast of cereal, milk, and juice a few hours later I would nearly pass out, become shaky, weak, and confused. This was due to the huge spike in insulin caused by the carbs and because I was insulin resitant the result was very low blood sugar several hours later.

So, tell your friend to eat meat, fat, and dark green vegetables.

Also, I hate to come down on another person's post, but orange juice is the last thing to drink when you have low blood sugar - unless you are using insulin and that's a whole 'nother story. If you have a low blood sugar episode just eat some cheese.

Back