late meal...

paisano3

VENDETTA DE TUTTO
I work in the corporate world; busy 9-6. Afterwork, I sit in traffic for an hour on my way to the gym, workout for ~1-2 hrs (depending on training day); leaving me closer to 9:00 to eat dinner. I try to spread my day time meals out evenly and proportionatly, but what should I do about my post workout meal? I dont want to consume too much 'heavy foods' that late, and I do take my casein protein prior to bed, but what would be my best alternative to consuming those needed calories and protine post workout?

thanks

late meal

Sounds like A good time to hit subway for A 6" tuna Samie!
If your concearned about the bread just ask for it in A salad...

-Swolen-

I dont want to consume too much 'heavy foods' that late

the sekret is to eat light foodz! not heavy foodz!

and I do take my casein protein prior to bed, but what would be my best alternative to consuming those needed calories and protine post workout?

hmm, lemme think. an alternative to consuming calories. not consuming calories maybe? i dont know what that even means. but if theyre so "needed" why would you not want to consume them anyway?

(to answer your question, theres no reason not to eat before bed, especially after a workout. eat some carbs and protein and a little fat. the idea is to hit your overall calorie intake goal for the day.)

aaah the eat late issue again... here comes some words of wisdom that i once got from a trainer.

what do you think magicly happens in th body that makes you store everything as fat after 6 pm?

I work in the corporate world; busy 9-6. Afterwork, I sit in traffic for an hour on my way to the gym, workout for ~1-2 hrs (depending on training day); leaving me closer to 9:00 to eat dinner. I try to spread my day time meals out evenly and proportionatly, but what should I do about my post workout meal? I dont want to consume too much 'heavy foods' that late, and I do take my casein protein prior to bed, but what would be my best alternative to consuming those needed calories and protine post workout?

thanks

I'd worry more about meeting your daily caloric totals and macro's then anything else. Are you cutting or bulking??

i am trying to cut down. i am pretty lean as is, but that last little bit around the waist is a pain in the ass. I am able to eat at my desk, which i do several times a day (yogurts, fruits, beef jerkey, tuna, turkey, etc..), but i know that can only make up so much of my intake, and the large meal after working out always comes late in the evening. I also consume roughly 3-4 protein shakes a day.

i am trying to cut down. i am pretty lean as is, but that last little bit around the waist is a pain in the ass. I am able to eat at my desk, which i do several times a day (yogurts, fruits, beef jerkey, tuna, turkey, etc..), but i know that can only make up so much of my intake, and the large meal after working out always comes late in the evening. I also consume roughly 3-4 protein shakes a day.

Then dont worry about it :) Seriously, if your cutting, don't worry.. Done!!
..when i drop a weight class or am cutting for a match, I actually DON'T have a post workout meal, most of the time. I make sure I mee my set calorie intake and that's the only thing I really worry about.

jay do you train in the evening or do you have time to eat dinner after your missing pwo meal? just curious..

I think you should eat something since you pwo meal is the last of the day and otherwise you would be fasting til breakfast. you would definatly lose weight that way but more than likely a good portion of lbm as well.

you could just keep it very light. a bit of rice and some chicken... or just go for a proteindrink with some carbs. whenever i just eat a proteindrink in the evening i wake up with no appetite and end up losing weight quite easily.

I too workout late. And then i have my post shake. And then my dinner. And finally my casein. My only problem is that i can't sleep because of it...i have all this energy. Theres really nothing that i can think of to change that.

I too workout late. And then i have my post shake. And then my dinner. And finally my casein. My only problem is that i can't sleep because of it...i have all this energy. Theres really nothing that i can think of to change that.

you could eat less and just have one of those meals. if you miss several hours of sleep because of eating I think it was a waste to eat it.

jay do you train in the evening or do you have time to eat dinner after your missing pwo meal? just curious..

I think you should eat something since you pwo meal is the last of the day and otherwise you would be fasting til breakfast. you would definatly lose weight that way but more than likely a good portion of lbm as well.

you could just keep it very light. a bit of rice and some chicken... or just go for a proteindrink with some carbs. whenever i just eat a proteindrink in the evening i wake up with no appetite and end up losing weight quite easily.

I train late bro.. very late. Because I to have the corp 9-6 job and also train in BJJ and Mui Thai 5 days a week.
Basically, I try to get the majority of my cals in between 8 and 5. I premake everything and pack it up and then grap it as I head to work. Then I i usually don't get home from training until like 9pm or later.. now, I don't starve myself after that.. I do have a 1 scoop casien style shake and small bowl of brand/fiber based cereal at bedtime around 11pm.

It works.. part of the trick is to cook like 3-4 days worth of chicken, rice, meat, sides or whatever on like a sunday night and then bag/box it all up for the week. Then I was eating a meal after training and STILL getting the 11pm/bedtime cravings so I just said fuck it, skipped the small pwo dinner and combined the shake and fiber at bedtime. Plus being a weight based athlete I'm always cutting or maintaining anyway so I have to find ways to keep the hunger/cravings at bay without putting weight on. It's like game..lol and I also change things up or try to shake it up every few months as well. and Friday cheat meal and beers help keep me sane! ;)

Back