left over from suspension

david_diesel

suppose one had some left over powder that had fallen out of suspension and was stuck to the bottom of the vials. Upon rinsing the vials with a pipette or two of distilled water the contents were emptied into a large pyrex baking dish and set aside to dry. after a few days the water has evaporated but there are clumps of oily powder left. I suspect the oily substance would be from PS80 which saturated the powder and didnt evaporate. How would one dry this substance to reuse in another experiment? It's test base.

david_diesel said:
You mean throw it away? Sorry I'm not up to speed on British vernacular. :)
LOL! bin=garbage

just re-use it with the same formula in a new batch, no need to get fancy.

Just an FYI guys....I did some research on the solvents I used in the first batch (PS80, PEG300 BB and BA) and found that 3 of those 4 were soluble in water and one in alcohol. All that was required was to wash the left over powder with distilled water, allow it to dry and then follow with an alcohol wash. Once it dried the final time it dried for good. No more oily residue

Doc...my only apprehension to doing whatyou suggested was that I my weight might be skewed a bit as a result of the powder being saturated

Back