Let the bulking begin...

mister69 said:
how does your leg routine look?

Do you add in upright rows or raises for chest\delt day?

It depends. I always squat, but sometimes that is enough for my leg day. For example, last week I did this:

Squats

425 x 6
435 x 4
225 x 18

Lying Leg Curls

2 x 160 x 8

I may add in Leg Press/Hacks sometimes, but my legs grow fast and take a beating when I do squats. As they get stronger, and I go heavier, i do less and less. LOL

AS for shoulders, i usually just throw in a set of side laterals cause I get so much delt work from the chest movements. And maybe a few sets of CG bench or skullcrushers for Triceps if they are not blown out already. I don't have great arm genetics so i just let them grow with the rest of my body and try not to overtrain them.

i dont have great leg genetics, especially my calves, so i just stick to pullinbigs basic leg day.

heavy squats
leg press
gm's

most poeple think when u have a laggin bodypart yuo have to train it extra hard, but that isnt the case, I jsut lift heavy and be patient because legs take years apparently to grow. I got time

and be patient because legs take years apparently to grow

I wish I could make mine stop growing... I have to sometimes take a week or two off of squats cause my legs and ass are so big compared to my upper body. lol.

RJH8541 said:
Squats

425 x 6
435 x 4
225 x 18

wtf is this may i ask? your final work set is high rep light weight?? or am i supposed to read this from the bottom-up?

just curious.. never seen anyone do that. seems a little backwards to me.

SamCooke said:
wtf is this may i ask? your final work set is high rep light weight?? or am i supposed to read this from the bottom-up?

just curious.. never seen anyone do that. seems a little backwards to me.

that's right. it was just something to kind of shock the legs a bit at the end of two heavy ass work sets. I do that some times with compound movements.

strngthmnx said:
DAMMNNNNNNN RJ! You so sexy! Looking awesome and huge as always! But somehow those pics are missing something... :naughty: Post one of your legs!

here you go babydoll..... gotta blow up the calves this year and get the sweep kicking more, but not too bad...

Damn I need some sun!

Last edited:
damn those look good! and the dog is cute too lol; your legs have gotten thicker as well! great improvements rj, my turn to drool accordingly...

that's right. it was just something to kind of shock the legs a bit at the end of two heavy ass work sets. I do that some times with compound movements.

well hey man, im not gonna give any opinion because its obviously working for ya. lol.

btw.. I think your just fine the size you are, and your body probably thinks so too. I'd rather see you cut and dry out than bulk. But i'm sure when i get to your size ill still wanna be bigger :D

SamCooke said:
well hey man, im not gonna give any opinion because its obviously working for ya. lol.

btw.. I think your just fine the size you are, and your body probably thinks so too. I'd rather see you cut and dry out than bulk. But i'm sure when i get to your size ill still wanna be bigger :D

you know Sam, you are right in a way. Its not so much to get bigger as it is to fill in 'some gaps' in my physique. If that makes sense. And just like anything, its gonna add size all around. My main points of concentration this year are my pecs (fullness and lower/outer), calves, sweep, and lower lats.

Again, if my body doesn't accept this extra weight well, i am not stupid and won't try to push it. My health is always priority!!!

strngthmnx said:
damn those look good! and the dog is cute too lol; your legs have gotten thicker as well! great improvements rj, my turn to drool accordingly...

LOL, thanks. Guesss they have thickened up a bit.

Now back to your thread so something else can thicken up... hahahahaha

hey rj what do you have planned to blow up your calves(routine)?

RJH8541 said:
here you go babydoll..... gotta blow up the calves this year and get the sweep kicking more, but not too bad...

Damn I need some sun!

Reactions: RJ
mister69 said:
hey rj what do you have planned to blow up your calves(routine)?

250cc silicone implants in the fall

just kidding bro. Just gonna hit em hard. Have kind of slacked on them in the past couple years. Don't know why, but this year its gonna be a vialiant effort to add some mass to them.

mister69 said:
are you gonna train them more than once a week with multiple sets?

I don't know, maybe. Just gonna try hitting them once a week since I have been slacking and see what happens.

you have impressive calves considering you been slacking. Wish i was genetically blessed with great calves.

:afro:

Awesome mate..Dont where you get the "bad genetics" in your calves.

Wish I had bad genetics like that..

Back