Lets hear your thoughts.

THE BOUNCER

Community Veteran, Owner of SuperiorMuscle.com
Ok guys, lets get a good discussion going hear. My question is, do you guys believe that receptors get used to the same drug or dosage? Is there anything you can take to clean out the receptors so that the steroid can become more effective? Some people say that the whole receptor theory is hogwash and that we get millions of new receptors every day thus they do not get used to the same drugs or doses. What are your guys thoughts on this. Some studies would be nice also. thanks

I believe that your receptors do get used to the same drugs and dosages. To me its just like your trainning and how your body adapts to the workouts if not changed, you soon begin to plateau. I look back at my previous cycles and compare the significant gains in strength and weight in the beginning through just after the middle of my cycles compared to the gains I make towards the end of my cycles

jb28ca said:
I believe that your receptors do get used to the same drugs and dosages. To me its just like your trainning and how your body adapts to the workouts if not changed, you soon begin to plateau. I look back at my previous cycles and compare the significant gains in strength and weight in the beginning through just after the middle of my cycles compared to the gains I make towards the end of my cycles
yes i agree, but i would like to come up with a way to clean out the receptors while staying on year round like i do. i would love to see some studies.

I myself have no real info on this topic but would like to hear from others who might be able to get some facts and share them with the rest of us

Cant say i have an answer for you, but id love to hear one. Im sure some of the bro's on here have some studies and knowledge on the subject.

and Bouncer, your a mass monster already, what you need more size for? lol

Also, well im by no means anyone credible or experienced, but just my thoughts...

I know Bouncer likes to stay on year round, that cant be helping your receptors. Your body adjusts and builds up a tolderance to things eventually. On the other hand, if your body produces millions of new receptors each day, you would be fine. Question is, does it?

TooPowerful4u said:
Also, well im by no means anyone credible or experienced, but just my thoughts...

I know Bouncer likes to stay on year round, that cant be helping your receptors. Your body adjusts and builds up a tolderance to things eventually. On the other hand, if your body produces millions of new receptors each day, you would be fine. Question is, does it?
exactlly! this is want im trying to figure out. lets get some help here guys.

humm we need like

buffdoc or someone really knowlegable on stuff. bump again keep this fresh for answers.

minitor2

It's a scientific fact that receptors are created, hang around for a while, then are broken down and assimilated. In fact, they have a half-life assigned to them. I have read that androgens increase the half-life, and estrogen decreases it. So you needn't worry about "cleaning them out". In fact, doing so would literally mean dissociating androgen from them, which is the opposite direction we want to go.

I think and think about it, but cannot come up with a reason why switching to another medication often brings renewed gains. I just don't know what the mechanism would be. However, so many guys, myself included (back when I was still using AAS) noticed this seems to be true.

I can think of a couple of analogies which are LOOSELY illustrative, though (part of my thought process). When we change our workout around, we get new gains (even though we may be doing exactly the same amount of work). And when we eat the same food every day (even though it may be really good food) we get tired of eating the same old thing. And that is all of about $.02!

i find it hard to believe that your body receptors become desensitized to anabolics especially test , i believe a lot of the misconceptions concerning this stem from the decrease in gains on long term cycles . i feel a lot of these decreases are attributed to things like the longer you stay on the harder it is to maintain your dedication/intensity in the gym , also its hard for some of us to be good little boys and girls after a length of time so we start back partying , but the number 1 reason in my opinion for gains to dwindle to a stop on long cycles is simply this we dont adjust our calorie intake for the added mass we have accumulated during our cycle , lets say were bulking and we started at 225 pounds then after 3 months or more of kicking ass in the gym and getting our rest we know weigh 250-275 pounds [ just an example ] if we dont ramp our calorie intake up to take into account for the added mass we will have ceased to supply our body with enough fuel to continue to grow , food is the most anabolic substance that we use period , without it no matter how much juice we use your not going to grow , well im off my soap box now and this is where i tell you what the hell do i know im just a dumb ol powerlifter and this is where STONE COLD NTO jumps in and makes fun of my long sentences and lack of punctuation :D

SWALE said:
It's a scientific fact that receptors are created, hang around for a while, then are broken down and assimilated. In fact, they have a half-life assigned to them. I have read that androgens increase the half-life, and estrogen decreases it. So you needn't worry about "cleaning them out". In fact, doing so would literally mean dissociating androgen from them, which is the opposite direction we want to go.

I think and think about it, but cannot come up with a reason why switching to another medication often brings renewed gains. I just don't know what the mechanism would be. However, so many guys, myself included (back when I was still using AAS) noticed this seems to be true.

I can think of a couple of analogies which are LOOSELY illustrative, though (part of my thought process). When we change our workout around, we get new gains (even though we may be doing exactly the same amount of work). And when we eat the same food every day (even though it may be really good food) we get tired of eating the same old thing. And that is all of about $.02!
great post swale. any more input would be helpful. thanks guys

Back