Lightheaded and headache

mike honcho74

Mike Honcho
For about a year now Ive been getting lightheaded and headaches. Just started out of the blue last summer. Lifting does make it worse but leg day is by far the worse, I seem to stay lightheaded for a few hrs afterward with a headache. Ive been to the dr as i told him I was afraid to keep lifting hard if something was wrong and they did a stress treadmill test and echo and said heart was fine, no probs. ive had an mri since all this started in the last year and never found a reason either. I continue to lift and just try to tone it down taking longer breaks in between sets but really nothing works as i get this feeling even when I dont exercise. its frustrating when they cant track it down. And my BP is fine around 115/70 and on the stress test still didnt get too high. Also I only take a med for prolactinoma which is dostinex and a PPI for heartburn and Ive tried taking less of both to see if that might have been it and it wasnt. Looking for some ideas from you all of other things to get checked. thanks

drop the weights a bit for a while and high rep, and try to keep breathing so you don't hold your breath.

Otherwise its probably the muscles around the back of your neck straining and tightening giving you a tension headache so try not to strain the neck as much and get physio on it

to examine the vestibular system in the ear by a doctor, is a good idea. sometimes presure in the liquid in the back-ear could make the symptom you describe.right?

Thanks fellas, I went in today and had a CT scan and everything was ok there. I will try the higher reps and back off from the weight a bit and see if it doesnt get better. Its hard to slow down at least for me when I feel im looking better and getting good pumps but Im tired of the lightheaded feelings and being tired a lot, I guess from just going to hard. It seems my body doesnt recover as fast as most of you. Ive been lifting 3 times a week and getting cardio in at least once but I had taken a break for the last few months from where I was before. getting older just fckn sucks.

Mike, Hi. The Anabolic Doc here. Ive been very busy with many patients in the clinic. It seems like you have done a good job investigating this with your doctors. The most important thing you want to rule out is an A-V mal-formation/aneursym in your brain!!!! The static MR and CT of the head will not pick this up. You will need to see your doctor and ask for a CT angio or MRA (angio) of the brain. This is how we can see for sure that you do not have one of these deadly things. And you do have the symptoms for it!!!!!!! Hopefully, you will not have it. If your doctor is un-sure on what test to do...see either neurosurgery or vascular surgery and just tell them your symptoms... Next. once this is cleared. You can rest assured that you will not have a massive stroke while lifting. It does happen!! I have seen at least 6 cases!! I would have to see you my self and take an in depth history and run lab tests on you personally to determine exactly what is happening with you. Forget the headache story. It seems like you really have something going on. Remember medicine takes more than advice over this chat room . These guys have some really good advice. But they are not doctors!! SOrry!! But tough shit, when it comes to lives!! But do see your a physician, as you are doing and if that fails ---come and see me. I will figure out what is wrong with you. Good luck. The Anabolic Doc.

wow, that really gets me to thinking. I will definately ask him about this. My symptoms wityh lifting and my lightheaded symptoms w/out lifting fit this as well?? I have had a MRI within this period where they took a deep scan to look at the pit gland with contrast, would this have picked it up? Also how would I approach him about this test? How would I let him know where I got my information about this possible test. Also what is the treatment for this condition. Sorry for all the questions but now Im worried.

Mike I would like to help you, but PLEASE ask your doctor about this.. See a neurosurgeon and ask about relations of your pit gland condition?? And AVM. I can not tell you any more. Just see your doctor and tell him you discussed this with a doctor friend and you want to see neurosurgery and or vascular. Just do it. In medicine this is how we work. Its team work. We forget about the bullshit of ego's and who missed what!! Again, Im not saying it to have you just join my special practice, but what else can I do??? I am not your doctor. If you want join and come see me and Ill do it myself here in CT... Thats all I can offer you. Dont freak out... Do something about it. The Anabolic Doc

Back