Limited Blood Test Availability and First Cycle

ChronosOceanus

I've been on TRT for almost 2 years now and starting to really get dialed in with my nutrition and training using ******. In a cutting phase now prob hitting just under 20% body fat with big lifts continuing to go up. I plan on cutting until sub-15% ish and then want to do a "clean bulk" still counting calories and weighing food, and potentially my first cycle.

The one issue I am running up against is that I need a prescription to get blood tests in my state. I can use my regular 6 month check up for the initial bloods, but once my cycle starts the 5 week bloods are an issue. I'm sure others have run into this in similar states, so what do I do? Can I just travel out of state and go to a Labcorp? What if they refuse and I'm left unable to get my levels checked?

My current TRT protocol is 100 mg/week (50 mg E3.5D), and for my first cycle I plan on running 400 mg above that. So, 500 mg/week as suggested in the beginner sticky. That will include an AI as well. Is Arimidex the standard here?

I have some HCG but I guess that's optional since I'm not worried about fertility anyway.

Stats:
35 yo male, 6', currently 184 lbs at approx 19% BF

TIA for any advice.

-CO

Edit: just wanted to mention I'm on Test Cyp injections.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on TRT for almost 2 years now and starting to really get dialed in with my nutrition and training using ******. In a cutting phase now prob hitting just under 20% body fat with big lifts continuing to go up. I plan on cutting until sub-15% ish and then want to do a "clean bulk" still counting calories and weighing food, and potentially my first cycle.

The one issue I am running up against is that I need a prescription to get blood tests in my state. I can use my regular 6 month check up for the initial bloods, but once my cycle starts the 5 week bloods are an issue. I'm sure others have run into this in similar states, so what do I do? Can I just travel out of state and go to a Labcorp? What if they refuse and I'm left unable to get my levels checked?

My current TRT protocol is 100 mg/week (50 mg E3.5D), and for my first cycle I plan on running 400 mg above that. So, 500 mg/week as suggested in the beginner sticky. That will include an AI as well. Is Arimidex the standard here?

I have some HCG but I guess that's optional since I'm not worried about fertility anyway.

Stats:
35 yo male, 6', currently 184 lbs at approx 19% BF

TIA for any advice.

-CO

Edit: just wanted to mention I'm on Test Cyp injections.

privatemdlabs it.

Their website says they can't take residents from my state.

Am I missin something? Someone else in the Northeast must have dealt with this before.

Last edited:
Back