Long term-Low dose IGF-1 LR3

the_ether

IGF receptor downregulation.

Whats the science behind it?

Does it happen because we take too much?
Does it happen because we take it for too long?

What if we take a low dose (10-20mcg) for months non-stop, is downregulation guaranteed?

I ask this because i'm using it for healing tissue damage and after 24 days, the job is incomplete.
Should i cycle off and then restart a month later, or drop the dosage down and keep going?

Any help is appreciated.

34 days in. I'm at 10mcg now. The 4-6 weeks on, 4-6 weeks off figure is thrown around and repeated like there's actual scientific backing behind it. What about GH where the cycles are longer, what's the difference if they both elevate IGF-1?

Dont do ED. Much better effect with days off.

On a gh run it takes a while before ur igf levels really get up there. Igf and gh cycles are much different.

You'd benefit from a few 70mcg days a wk.

Interesting. In your experience, at that dose and at E3D, the beneficial effects
last into the OFF days?

At this rate i would be able to go for 3 months without worrying about downregulation and intestinal enlargement?

Last edited:
I started Lr3 a few days ago. Doing 4mcg ED on a six to eight week cycle depending on results. Am I to understand this is not preferred?

4mcg? You mean 40mcg? 4 would do much of anything. LOL but that is how I use it on my lab rats 8 weeks +/-. I dunno if it is preferred or not, but it works ok. For me I started out with 25mcg every day on my rat and didn't see much (nearing the end of 8 weeks). He is a big rat so I suspect he may need more. I plan to try it again later on in the year at maybe 50mcg and increase as needed.

4mcg? You mean 40mcg? 4 would do much of anything. LOL but that is how I use it on my lab rats 8 weeks +/-. I dunno if it is preferred or not, but it works ok. For me I started out with 25mcg every day on my rat and didn't see much (nearing the end of 8 weeks). He is a big rat so I suspect he may need more. I plan to try it again later on in the year at maybe 50mcg and increase as needed.

Yup, meant 40. Thanks for the heads up, might need to bump the dosage for my rat, he is a biggin to.

LOL - yes I have read of some rats going much higher. I try to play it safe start low and see how it does. Then bump it as needed accordingly.

Dramatic results.

I decided to cycle off after 7 weeks of varying doses from 15-50mcg. IGF-1 blood results show no dramatic rise but IGF BP3 got bumped up to 5. I was at 4 beforehand. It helped with my knees noticeably but not completely, which was the point of starting it to begin with.

And i now have a little gap in the center of my bottom teeth. Is it because of jawbone growth or did it cause my wisdom teeth to grow faster thereby pushing my teeth around? Not happy.

Update to my original post from last year: It is my experience that igf1 lr3 has activity beyond 30 hours, so timing/schedule should not matter. According to bloodwork, not only did it significantly increase my igf1 incrementally over a few months of doses ranging from 5-50mcg, it has kept it up at least a year after i discontinued usage. ymmv!

Back