Looking For Help With My Diet

the search diet.

lean protein, mostly complex carbs, healthy fats, plenty of veggies, and fruit around workouts.

omerta said:
25xbodywieght=caloric intake jmo
very very rarely does anyone need that many calories to gain weight. that would put the OP at 4500 calories, which at 180 pounds, is ridiculous (99% of the time)

bodyweight x 15 will get you ballpark maintenence cals. To gain, add 500-1000 calories to that. Unless youre a naturally lean ectomorph, i would definitely start conservatively and see if you gain any weight. If not, you can always add more cals.

So in your case id weigh myself on Monday morning after using the bathroom and before putting any food or liquid in your mouth. Eat 3200 calories for the next week or two, and then weigh yourself again under the same conditions. If you lost weight, or didnt gain anything, add 500 more calories. If you gained somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-3 pounds, then great, thats about the rate you want to be gaining weight. Anything more than that will without a doubt be fat gain. Although im assuming youre a newbie, so you will be able to gain weight a little faster than a trained person for a short time.

so something along the lines of
400g carbs
250g protein
75g fat

to keep things simple for the time being, just break your diet into 5 meals, and eat 80g carbs, 50g protein, 15g fat at each meal.

Last edited:
Very nice reply---

What I have come to understand is that like everything people that claim they need 4000+ kcals have one common thing in common. They want it NOW and don't understand that this is a sport where consistency over time is how you achive the best results. those same guys are the ones that are in and out of the gym every 3 months. Guys should be looking at long term gains of 1 - 1.5 lbs of LBM / month. If your more experienced and have been lifting longer these numbers might even be high.

Well put Dirk. You tend to see guys that want to get abs and gain lbm around this time of year --cuase they are looking at summer or spring break.

What about the other 10 months of the year. Patience is key you are 100% correct.

DirkMoneyshot said:
Very nice reply---

What I have come to understand is that like everything people that claim they need 4000+ kcals have one common thing in common. They want it NOW and don't understand that this is a sport where consistency over time is how you achive the best results. those same guys are the ones that are in and out of the gym every 3 months. Guys should be looking at long term gains of 1 - 1.5 lbs of LBM / month. If your more experienced and have been lifting longer these numbers might even be high.

Back