Looking for input on my cycle please

lowt81

Stats: 36, 5f10, 187lbs, 13% bf
Cutting with 2000-2300 calories.
Goal: Adding quality muscle and loosing fat = 10-15lbs and 8-10% bf.
Training 5x per week, 2-split

Week 1-5: Sustanon 150mg Monday & Thursday = 300mg EW
Week 6-9: Sustanon 300mg Monday & Thursday = 600mg EW

Week 3-7: Anavar 40mg ED

Week 1-2 & 5-6: ECY (Ephedra/Caffein/Yohimbine) 555mg ED
Week 3-4 & 7-8: Clen, going from 40mg to 100mg and down again in each 2 week cycle

Week 3-7: hCG 250IU Monday & Thursday = 500IU EW

Last 10 days of cycle doing 500IU hCG ED.

21 days after last shot Sust I will start nolva 40/40/20/20 and clomid 50/50/50/50.

I'm normally on TRT (125mg Test E EW) but decided to do a cycle and then try to restart my HTPA afterwards with the PCT schedule described in this forum.

The reason for bumping sustanon to 600mg EW is because I might as well use the whole 10ml bottle. Not planning on doing it again anytime soon and I'm going abroad from week 10 to 11.
I have no specific reason for starting anavar at week 3 and doing 5 weeks. I just have 100x10mg pills.

Any input, good or bad, is welcome. Thanks :)

is this your first cycle? sustanon is not too good for a first cycle, hard to monitor.

I did a 12 week deca only cycle 12 years ago without PCT. Recovered after a few months but low T began 3 years ago and might have been caused by testicular cancer. Went on TRT after operation. Now I just want to do this cycle and try to let my body recover.

our better off doing a bulk or a cut. One or the other. Trying to do both on same cycle, not great idea. Maybe down the road try some tren that will allow u to bukl and stay/become lean at the same time. But that's a different compound for a lot more experienced cycle.

In reality guys a cycle being cutting or bulking mostly depends on the diet n calories. Hence you can do Deca and many other compounds no recognized by many to being a compound used for cutting.

Remember all the steroids do is to help us obtain our goals with our diets and hard training. OP your idea of 300 then 600 mgs of Sust is a wasted idea, just start with the highest dose and stay the course throughout the cycle.

If you were going to be finishing a cycle for hardness, muscularity , leanness and vascularity like pre-show or ...Ha !! Pre-summer beach go n show then you would do the opposite and lower your Test compounds the last 5 weeks and be plugging in Winstrol or Var. You are going in the wrong direction.

YOU should also be able to do this without Clen... just IMOP I never like using Clen. Me , I think it can be a dangerous chemical and really unless you are obese of going into a SHOW , the same can be done with diet and a little aerobic work at the end of training sessions.

IMOP much too short a cycle for the compounds and I really think you will be loosing LMM toward the end of this shorter cycle. Without the test hanging in and all this Clen and stuff you will loose mass.

The cleaner we do our cycles and achieve our goals will allow us to live out these goals and hold on to our gains attributed to each cycle....

Good Luck

Last edited:
Stats: 36, 5f10, 187lbs, 13% bf
Goal: Adding quality muscle and loosing fat = 10-15lbs and 8-10% bf.
Training 5x per week, 2-split

Week 1-5: Sustanon 150mg Monday & Thursday = 300mg EW
Week 6-9: Sustanon 300mg Monday & Thursday = 600mg EW

Week 3-7: Anavar 40mg ED

Week 1-2 & 5-6: ECY (Ephedra/Caffein/Yohimbine) 555mg ED
Week 3-4 & 7-8: Clen, going from 40mg to 100mg and down again in each 2 week cycle

Week 3-7: hCG 250IU Monday & Thursday = 500IU EW

Last 10 days of cycle doing 500IU hCG ED.

21 days after last shot Sust I will start nolva 40/40/20/20 and clomid 50/50/50/50.

I'm normally on TRT (125mg Test E EW) but decided to do a cycle and then try to restart my HTPA afterwards with the PCT schedule described in this forum.

The reason for bumping sustanon to 600mg EW is because I might as well use the whole 10ml bottle. Not planning on doing it again anytime soon and I'm going abroad from week 10 to 11.
I have no specific reason for starting anavar at week 3 and doing 5 weeks. I just have 100x10mg pills.

Any input, good or bad, is welcome. Thanks :)

OP, I want you to step back and read ^^^^ what I highlighted. Think about it and WTF do you get out of this.........:dunno:

OP my stats are about the same.

THIS:[I] Stats: 36, 5f10, 187lbs, 13% bf
Goal: Adding quality muscle and loosing fat = 10-15lbs and 8-10% bf.[/I]

Cutting with 200-2300 cals and stopping Test (sust) will not add much if any Quality MM in 7-9 weeks. Not enough time for all what synergistically must happen. You will not grow much muscle mass if any. I tell you will have a hard time holding what you have.

The entire cycle is a cut and you will be fighting to hold what you have, but you can. Just get rid of the idea of adding good quality muscle mass. You must be satisfied with you mass now and just wanna get your BF% down to get "ripped" so to speak.

Last edited:
well youre in a cut right now. at 2300 cals you cant expect to add quality muscle.

OP, I want you to step back and read ^^^^ what I highlighted. Think about it and WTF do you get out of this.........:dunno:

OP my stats are about the same.

THIS:[I] Stats: 36, 5f10, 187lbs, 13% bf
Goal: Adding quality muscle and loosing fat = 10-15lbs and 8-10% bf.[/I]

Cutting with 200-2300 cals and stopping Test (sust) will not add much if any Quality MM in 7-9 weeks. Not enough time for all what synergistically must happen. You will not grow much muscle mass if any. I tell you will have a hard time holding what you have.

The entire cycle is a cut and you will be fighting to hold what you have, but you can. Just get rid of the idea of adding good quality muscle mass. You must be satisfied with you mass now and just wanna get your BF% down to get "ripped" so to speak.

Thanks for the input.

So upping to 600mg/week will not do anything the last 5 weeks?
Why would I not be gaining with a 9 week cycle? Btw I am not cutting with 2300 and stopping test. I am cutting with 2000-2300 calories while on cycle. After I will eat above maintenance.

Just here to learn :)

In reality guys a cycle being cutting or bulking mostly depends on the diet n calories. Hence you can do Deca and many other compounds no recognized by many to being a compound used for cutting.

Remember all the steroids do is to help us obtain our goals with our diets and hard training. OP your idea of 300 then 600 mgs of Sust is a wasted idea, just start with the highest dose and stay the course throughout the cycle.

If you were going to be finishing a cycle for hardness, muscularity , leanness and vascularity like pre-show or ...Ha !! Pre-summer beach go n show then you would do the opposite and lower your Test compounds the last 5 weeks and be plugging in Winstrol or Var. You are going in the wrong direction.

YOU should also be able to do this without Clen... just IMOP I never like using Clen. Me , I think it can be a dangerous chemical and really unless you are obese of going into a SHOW , the same can be done with diet and a little aerobic work at the end of training sessions.

IMOP much too short a cycle for the compounds and I really think you will be loosing LMM toward the end of this shorter cycle. Without the test hanging in and all this Clen and stuff you will loose mass.

The cleaner we do our cycles and achieve our goals will allow us to live out these goals and hold on to our gains attributed to each cycle....

Good Luck

Spot on Mike a few of my friends use deca on a cut to help them keep full looking on lowered carbs and it works
All comes down to diet and training and what you want to achieve

Thanks for the input.

So upping to 600mg/week will not do anything the last 5 weeks?
Why would I not be gaining with a 9 week cycle? Btw I am not cutting with 2300 and stopping test. I am cutting with 2000-2300 calories while on cycle. After I will eat above maintenance.

Just here to learn :)

This you do not understand how long it takes to build/ grow muscle mass. I can't spoon feed you the education as to what all synergistically has to happen and the length of time to grow muscle. But let me try to give a short layman's terms explanation.

To build muscle while on cycle we need basically an excessive amount of calories not a deficit. A man can only gain / grow a max of 15-20 lbs of LMM in ONE (1) year. Now that breaks down to a LMM growth if everything is on point of 4-5 LMM pounds per 12 week cycle. Water no included.

Now you want to go in at the low side of your Test mgs and up them after 4 weeks or so and build LMM in 9 weeks. Just when the all the synergistic works start to come together you will be stopping a going full cut. Well that's what you are really doing right off the dock :dunno:

That's a very short Simple Simon explanation. I tell you if you do all of this , YES, you will get lean but you WILL LOOSE LMM. YOu will not even hold the LMM you have when you start out gate.

ASk some more people that have done shows and dieted down show ready while holding LMM

I made some changes to my cycle:

- Upping calories to 2500-2800
- Clen max will be 80mg
- Anavar will be 30mg/day the last 5 weeks
- Keeping sustanon dose at 2x150mg per week through out cycle
- hCG 2x250IU during the cycle

Hope that is better? I am close to week 3 now and already lost bodyfat and increased mass on 2300kcal/day. Shirts have tighter fits.

Ok sounds a bit better. Now I am not trying to disappoint you but just to educate you. In 3 weeks you HAVE not increased your actual LMM or mass as you might think. All is good an par for the course but you MM ging is fluid....NOT bloat but the fluids such as water and glycogen etc... that full your muscles when doing steroids. It's all part of it and really what we like. But at the end of the day no one can build solid LMM in 3 weeks.

Keep it going and stay the course. for what you want out of this leaning and cutting you should stay hard and lean out more BF% as you go.

With out cloths you can look bigger with no more MM but only due to your leanness and hopefully hardness. Getting in a balance of low and high reps sets this is a good time to focus more on higher reps then the lower. AS I have mentioned this isn't really the cycle to try to push for more "MORE" bigger mass building. Higher reps to burn out can keep and promote hardness and burn off some intramuscular fat tissue.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Ok sounds a bit better. Now I am not trying to disappoint you but just to educate you. In 3 weeks you HAVE not increased your actual LMM or mass as you might think. All is good an par for the course but you MM ging is fluid....NOT bloat but the fluids such as water and glycogen etc... that full your muscles when doing steroids. It's all part of it and really what we like. But at the end of the day no one can build solid LMM in 3 weeks.

Keep it going and stay the course. for what you want out of this leaning and cutting you should stay hard and lean out more BF% as you go.

With out cloths you can look bigger with no more MM but only due to your leanness and hopefully hardness. Getting in a balance of low and high reps sets this is a good time to focus more on higher reps then the lower. AS I have mentioned this isn't really the cycle to try to push for more "MORE" bigger mass building. Higher reps to burn out can keep and promote hardness and burn off some intramuscular fat tissue.

Good Luck

Thanks for the feedback :)

Back