Machida

I can't see the UFC giving Chuck another shot against Rampage...If Forrest takes out Rampage however (which is fairly possible), then I'd expect to see Chuck fighting for the belt back...Otherwise Wandy against Rampage if he retains.

I find the situation really confusing at the moment though, seeing as Rampage has Chuck's ticket, while Wandy's got Rampage's...But then again, Chuck seems to have a serious advantage over Wandy...So its messed.

Fuck Machida...Nobody cares for his style, and the UFC understands that. Maybe a fight between Wandy and Machida would be necessary to decide who gets the title shot.

machida will not be marketed even if he becomes champ. He is too boring. Yea its his gameplan to sit back. And when he explodes its unexpected that is how he took tito down. Tito is not what he used to be---exactly what happened to vitor--they peaked very early in their carreers. THe guy who will be machida iwll be someone like wandy very aggresive.

if they want to give machida a title shot they better not expect it to headline a PPV event. any fight including machida will be considered a worthless addition to an even by me.

machida will not be marketed even if he becomes champ. He is too boring. Yea its his gameplan to sit back. And when he explodes its unexpected that is how he took tito down. Tito is not what he used to be---exactly what happened to vitor--they peaked very early in their carreers. THe guy who will be machida iwll be someone like wandy very aggresive.

You're right about Wandy..As I said before, it'd make a great fight for the number 1 light-heavy contender. Wandy looked extremely impressive against a much bigger guy last night..He had little trouble with Rampage during his Pride FC years too, so its really a no brainer...Unfortunately, this puts Chuck in a bad position...He pretty much has to wait until Rampage gets defeated til he'll get another chance. Time isn't exactly on his side now either...

Rampage was a completely different fighter back then when he fought Wandy, completely raw with very little skill and he got his ass kicked with knees to the ground and soccer kicks.

In other news fuck Machida. I hope to never see that guy fight again. Fucking boring as hell.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Machida is boring or crap.. but I was a bit disappointed in his lack of performance on Saturday. I wanted to him take the fight to Tito. He lost a little street cred that night.

You're right guys, it was a terrible bout. Machida only hit Ortiz 23 times in the first round. How many times did Tito hit Machida that round? That's right 0 times in 5 minutes.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Ortiz.html

i dont think you are getting it.

so there were 23 hits in the 1st round of ortiz vs machida. to contrast, i just went to the penn/sherk fight and found 58 hits in the first round. so well more than double the hits. thats more entertaining. nothing is more important than entertainment value. i dont think people mean to say that machida cant fight, but that they wouldnt pay to watch him fight because he is too boring. thats the only thing that matters. this is entertainment, nothing else.

If what you're saying is true then Machida wouldn't have "gone far" in the ufc, which he already has. Secondly, I don't think you understand how unheard of it is for a fighter to get hit zero times in 5 minutes. Think about that.

If what you're saying is true then Machida wouldn't have "gone far" in the ufc, which he already has. Secondly, I don't think you understand how unheard of it is for a fighter to get hit zero times in 5 minutes. Think about that.

That is very true... I didn't really consider that aspect of his fight w/Tito. I don't judge a fighter off one fight and Machida is still a contender in my eye's.. It just "felt" a little like he was pulling a Tim Sylvia and fighting not to lose instead of to win. I just wanted to see a little more agression and a busy offense.

You know i went to a demolition derby once, I got pretty bored watching this car drive away from the action just so he could win and he did win. His car looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. Just saying.

At 49.99 the UFC has to bring some substance to a card. Saturday, I gladly shelled out the dough. 49.99 to see Wandy and Machida as a headline... Youtube. 49.99 a month is getting a little ridiculus. That's like a good deal on a bottle of T.

Back