Megatron I need advice

Hey Man this is Bryan from yesterday. Thanks again for helping me out with the info. I had a few more things to run by you. First, while I have got my test level up to 720 estradiol 48 DHEA normal, I still feel like I am not getting the full benefit. I work nights and my sleep is all jacked up. I have a few friends on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and they are wearing me out with the whole "I feel 18 again crap" I am 41. While I have gained about 10lbs of muscle over the last 4 months and look like I'm in the gym a lot that is not what I care about. I just want to feel better. I said in an earlier post that I felt better. That is compared to literally crashing by mid afternoon pre test. I know my levels are getting better just from some of the side affects ex; oily forehead, insane pump at gym but I feel like I am not getting the full benefit. Any thoughts? Also, I have been experiencing some joint pain in the knees. This started about one month ago or 4months on Test Cyp 200mg every 10 days. Sorry to go on and on I am just getting frustrated. I have a great Doc but he told me he is still learning on the whole testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) thing!

I'm not Megatron, but your E2 is on the high side which could make you feel the way you do. Time to talk to your doc about an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) to get that back under control. I'd also look into a sleep study as apnea can definitely impact your quality of life.

My .02c :)

Everything I know came from reading Halfwit's posts. Listen to him. :)

Go back and find out if you had the sensitive estradiol assay done. That will help confirm whether or not your estradiol is too high.

When you don't feel like you are getting the "full benefit" of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) have you noticed that it kind of comes on at certain times relative to when you inject? Or is it a constant feeling? I am just wondering if injecting every 10 days is giving you some swings. Like I mentioned earlier, most guys do better injecting more frequently.

I'm not Megatron but I will be playing him in a future movie :smoker:

You might never do as well as your buds do with their testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but you have a lot of playing around to do to see if you can't.

Halfwit says maybe try E2 lower (could also try DIM and zinc for that as well).

Your joints hurt...points towards low E2....maybe try E2 higher sometime.

Try more test.

Try pinning every 3.5 days...helps keep E2 lower and gives more TT with less exogenous test.

How's your thyroid...study many more of it's labs than just TSH.

How are your adrenal labs?

Nutrition good?

Working nights probably isn't a positive thing but you just need to make the best of it....have your bedroom real dark and quiet? Maybe GABA would help have more refreshing sleep?

Sleep apnea as suggested?

Go back and find out if you had the sensitive estradiol assay done. That will help confirm whether or not your estradiol is too high.

Any idea how to discern this information whether the test was performed by Labcorp, Quest, or privatemd? I have some old lab work that I was looking for a definitive answer on this question - without having to go through the leg work of calling the lab.

I think I figured mine out personally because it has a blurb that says for hypogonadal males the Estradiol, Ultrasensitive (order code 30289x) is recommended - which would lead me to believe that the test they performed was not the sensitive assay but I don't have 100% confirmation.

Working nights probably isn't a positive thing but you just need to make the best of it....have your bedroom real dark and quiet? Maybe GABA would help have more refreshing sleep?

Sleep apnea as suggested?

GABA is highly recommended, especially for people that have anxiety.
Melatonin may be helpful for a person that works a night shift and may have issues naturally regulating their own sleep.

Checking for sleep apnea is a no brainer. Sleep apnea is called the boner killer for a reason.

Any idea how to discern this information whether the test was performed by Labcorp, Quest, or privatemd? I have some old lab work that I was looking for a definitive answer on this question - without having to go through the leg work of calling the lab.

I think I figured mine out personally because it has a blurb that says for hypogonadal males the Estradiol, Ultrasensitive (order code 30289x) is recommended - which would lead me to believe that the test they performed was not the sensitive assay but I don't have 100% confirmation.

If I remember right, it says on the report you get which one it was. It indicates which method was used.

If I remember right, it says on the report you get which one it was. It indicates which method was used.

I was able to go back to my blood script and found out that even though the blurb makes it appear that I didn't have the Ultrasensitive Assay, they ordered the sensitive assay. To help others out, sensitive assay is test code 140244 for Lab Corp. The test name should be "Estradiol, Sensitive"

After some leg work, I determined that even though the Doctor requested the sensitive assay on the Lab Corp script, Quest didn't order the correct test and they ordered the standard Estradiol test, test code 22434R. The "Estradiol, Ultrasensitive" test is test code 30289.

My assumption would be that if the test was properly ordered, Mega would be right and on the Test Name line it would say "Estradiol, Ultrasensitive LC/MS/MS" instead mine simply says Estradiol.

Cliff Notes that will hopefully help others in the future;
Lab Corp calls their test "Estradiol, sensitive". Its test code 140244
Quest calls their test "Estradiol, ultrasensitive LC/MS/MS". Its test code 30289
Quests standard, non sensitive Estradiol test is just called "Estradiol" and its test code 22434. They disclose right in the lab paperwork that "For any patients for whom low estradiol levels are anticipated *e.g. males, pre-pubertal children, and hypogonadal/post-menopausal females), the Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS is recommended (Order code 30289x).

Last edited:
Thank You all

I was able to go back to my blood script and found out that even though the blurb makes it appear that I didn't have the Ultrasensitive Assay, they ordered the sensitive assay. To help others out, sensitive assay is test code 140244 for Lab Corp. The test name should be "Estradiol, Sensitive"

After some leg work, I determined that even though the Doctor requested the sensitive assay on the Lab Corp script, Quest didn't order the correct test and they ordered the standard Estradiol test, test code 22434R. The "Estradiol, Ultrasensitive" test is test code 30289.

My assumption would be that if the test was properly ordered, Mega would be right and on the Test Name line it would say "Estradiol, Ultrasensitive LC/MS/MS" instead mine simply says Estradiol.

Cliff Notes that will hopefully help others in the future;
Lab Corp calls their test "Estradiol, sensitive". Its test code 140244
Quest calls their test "Estradiol, ultrasensitive LC/MS/MS". Its test code 30289
Quests standard, non sensitive Estradiol test is just called "Estradiol" and its test code 22434. They disclose right in the lab paperwork that "For any patients for whom low estradiol levels are anticipated *e.g. males, pre-pubertal children, and hypogonadal/post-menopausal females), the Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS is recommended (Order code 30289x).
I appreciate all the great advice. I am going by to get a copy of my lab work and I am going to start pinning every 5 days and go from there. Again thanks to all who replied without being a smart ass.

I appreciate all the great advice. I am going by to get a copy of my lab work and I am going to start pinning every 5 days and go from there. Again thanks to all who replied without being a smart ass.

I wasn't even close to being a smart-ass, just trying a bit of humour is all.

After posting that though it seems more likely your E2 IS too high!

I wasn't even close to being a smart-ass, just trying a bit of humour is all.

After posting that though it seems more likely your E2 IS too high!

1693, I didn't mean you at all man. I was on another site before I found this one were people were giving sarcastic advice. You guys have all been great. No worries man. Thanks

1693, I didn't mean you at all man. I was on another site before I found this one were people were giving sarcastic advice. You guys have all been great. No worries man. Thanks

My bad...seemed like you were mad at someone and I thought it was me....lol...guess I must have a guilty conscience :whipping:

Back