melting point and filtering question

buildingmuscle1

Got a question. No matter what hormone you make once you get it to its melting point and it's all mixed. Around what temp does it have to cool down to before it can be filtered without damaging the filter. I know test base has to be kept pretty warm while filtering or it will want to turn back to solid form. In water base that is.

i always let mine cool down to roomish temperature or very slightly warm. which filters are you using? the company that produces them will have info on the max temp they can handle on there website. normally its around 40 - 50 degrees Celsius max...

personally I like letting mine cool down a heck of a lot and then run it through the Nylon bottletop filters. less time constraining but make sure you dont filter too hot!

Definitely don't filter too hot. I've blown filters that way a few times. Drove me nuts. I think the official temp for Millipore stericup and most others is 45° Celsius which is like 115 degrees F? I believe. But that's max so don't have too much pressure running through it at higher temp.

Back