Can we learn from each others Injuries, and what to do or take?

halfape211

Not Novice, But Not Pro
I thought it might be educational for those of us who are injured or have been injured to post their injury, how it happened and what you did to heal. I thought we could learn how not to get hurt and perhaps how to heal the injury.

I'll start with my most recent piece of stupidity. I tore some part of my right tricep (near the insertion point at my armpit) that helps me turn my hand when opening a door and doing bicep curls. (At least I assume it is part of my tricep as it comes out of my armpit along the lower area of my upper arm.) Officially, it was a matter of poor form, but it was also a lack of mindfulness that comes with a brain savaged by years of Low T and diabetes.

I was getting psyched to increase my max number of reps on dumb bell shrugs. I warmed my way up with lighter weights and grabbed onto the 120 dumbbells from the rack without the respect they deserved. I've grabbed them a hundred times before. But this time I was so psyched, I snapped the dumbbell up in the air as if it were 10lbs. As soon as I had it in the air, I realized I had torn something. The strength was gone and I needed to get rid of the weight ASAP. It was just one act of stupidity that will haunt me for months to come.

Worse than anything is having to do one armed workouts! It's been three weeks and it is very slowly getting better. Even with the HGH I'm taking, I suspect it will take at least 6 months minimum to get my strength back. Other than HGH and testosterone, I'm not taking anything. Anybody suggest a magic pill? or needle? More Test? Etc?

I'm up for your opinions on anything. ( BTW my opinion is that I'm an idiot. lol)

And interested in how you guys managed to injure yourselves, fix yourselves with or without meds. AAS, etc.

Last edited:
The only thing I can suggest is making nice with a physical therapist. You want to ensure that you rebuild the connective tissues properly, or you risk losing mobility/strength.

Hmm, I have a plethora of scars on both knees from completely shooting my knee cap completely off one of my legs as I was picking up a 600lb+ spool of wire many years ago on the job. I had been training in competitive power lifting for years, and 600lbs or so was nothing to me; however, as you so eloquently put it - I didn't give the sheer weight the respect it deserved.

Five surgeries later, I had given up on life as I was going to be a firefighter and had been on several interview boards with promises of making paramedic quite quickly. Scratching those plans off the board led to opiate addiction and depression. This led to primary hypogonadism and a whole bunch of health issues that have taken me a very long time to undo.

My lesson?

Don't give up. When thrown a curve ball in life, you keep pushing. You fight for what is important to you, and refuse to settle for anything less. I half-assed PT, destroyed my body, and delayed my future by a decade. Not something I'm proud of, but it has made me who I am today; giving me humility and a measure of patience that I never had before. :p

Oh, and a healthy respect for the effects of gravity on mass. ;)

My .02c :)

The only thing I can suggest is making nice with a physical therapist. You want to ensure that you rebuild the connective tissues properly, or you risk losing mobility/strength.

Hmm, I have a plethora of scars on both knees from completely shooting my knee cap completely off one of my legs as I was picking up a 600lb+ spool of wire many years ago on the job. I had been training in competitive power lifting for years, and 600lbs or so was nothing to me; however, as you so eloquently put it - I didn't give the sheer weight the respect it deserved.

Five surgeries later, I had given up on life as I was going to be a firefighter and had been on several interview boards with promises of making paramedic quite quickly. Scratching those plans off the board led to opiate addiction and depression. This led to primary hypogonadism and a whole bunch of health issues that have taken me a very long time to undo.

My lesson?

Don't give up. When thrown a curve ball in life, you keep pushing. You fight for what is important to you, and refuse to settle for anything less. I half-assed PT, destroyed my body, and delayed my future by a decade. Not something I'm proud of, but it has made me who I am today; giving me humility and a measure of patience that I never had before. :p

Oh, and a healthy respect for the effects of gravity on mass. ;)

My .02c :)

Perhaps things worked out for the best anyways. You now have a job where you use your brain and that seems to be your strength. You would have gotten tired of being in that Firefighters Calendar anyways. :eek:

Last edited:
Back