Music choice and gainz (what are you listening to?)

RogueGains420

I know some people have post on the subject before but not for a while so i thought i would bring it up again. ive been noticing this cycle that making the proper choice in music lets me go heavier faster and longer. what kind of music helps unlock advantages for you at the gym? do you like mellow or heavy? rock, rap, metal or something else? i was keeping it gangster for a minute listening to rap during my workout but recently ive wanted some more intensity so i have switch it up so some good ol' Lab of God and it seems to lite my fire better then any pre workout bullshit. a coupe of tracks ive been jamming to from Lamb of God are:

Omerta
Laid to rest
Redneck*****
Walk with me in hell *****
A devil in god country
Vigil

All the above go hard while lifting. i love to turn the bose all the way up first thing in the morning durring my workout.
:rockband:

EWF
Commodores
Queen
Jimmi
Gap Band
Kool and the Gang
Average White Band
etc

I prefer to have a good time and stay calm.Of Course, bone headed kids will say things about it, mainly because they like it and hate that they do. There are guys that used to come in and play god awful rap. I can't imagine anyone not liking September by ewf.

Hmm, I bounce around a bit with music, but my current top five on my "RAWWWWWR!!!" playlist are:

Otep - Noose and Nail
Disturbed - Fire It Up
Sevendust - Rumblefish
Tool - Stinkfist (Inure Remix)
Sevendust - Contradiction

I just so happen to be back on the metal side of things, but last week I was deloading to Jay Z, Lil Wyte, Future, and some more of the hip hop stuff I normally can't stand. :)

Hmm, I bounce around a bit with music, but my current top five on my "RAWWWWWR!!!" playlist are:

Otep - Noose and Nail
Disturbed - Fire It Up
Sevendust - Rumblefish
Tool - Stinkfist (Inure Remix) *****
Sevendust - Contradiction

I just so happen to be back on the metal side of things, but last week I was deloading to Jay Z, Lil Wyte, Future, and some more of the hip hop stuff I normally can't stand. :)

sounds just like my resent playlists too wow... stinkfist is great when you dont read into it to hard while your working out lol same goes for most tool (maynerd loves some anal) and some future (OG maco > future) is just what i need sometimes no matter how much i tell myself i hate it and i cant make out half the shit he is sluring/mumbling but... ill still get turnt sometimes but i always end up cravin purple drink and tropic sprite for days... *sigh*

Google Christian Varela. His Techo sets are infamous and will get your heart going fast.

i did as you said and im making a playlist for my lifts tomorrow. this shit goes thanks. i never give electronic music too much consideration i burnt myself out it that past. thanks for the input. hes got some crazy drops!

Oldskool
Disturbed
Killswitch engaged
Black Sabbath
Dropkick murphys
Rise against
If that don't get you going nothing will f**k the rap off

Last edited:
When I was competing, I used to gym hop to pick up different opinions on things. I stopped by a pretty well known gym in North Texas. They are known for intense squat training. The only music they play is Chicago, I swear to God.

When I was competing, I used to gym hop to pick up different opinions on things. I stopped by a pretty well known gym in North Texas. They are known for intense squat training. The only music they play is Chicago, I swear to God.
Word

EWF
Commodores
Queen
Jimmi
Gap Band
Kool and the Gang
Average White Band
etc

I prefer to have a good time and stay calm.Of Course, bone headed kids will say things about it, mainly because they like it and hate that they do. There are guys that used to come in and play god awful rap. I can't imagine anyone not liking September by ewf.

Ha, this is pretty much what I worked out to when I started at 16, and 36 years later I sometimes still do.

Back