My bun is elevated, help if anyone had any input?

BicepsPoontang

I have done plenty of cycles, Long ester or short ester and always followed by a Hcg and pct for five weeks or sometimes four weeks. Hcg through out all my cycles, for my nads.

I am 51 but I am 6'6" 250 lbs and was 275 lbs but I injured my shoulder. That's another story. Ugh. 19% bf

So I stopped my long ester cycle on Nov 13th 2018 which I then did PCT for four weeks

I also gets my Bloods done usually Private Labs MD. But I got my bloods done through my insurance provider for my annual routine health check up. The range on my blood test came out slightly elevated. I had a chemistry panel and failed three times.

It has been since December 13th A little over three months.

My doctor had me do an Ultrasound on my kidney's a bladder and everything came back normal based on the radiologist report.

So not sure what is my next step. This past week I'm making sure I drink at least a gallon of water to try and flush out anything and I am avoiding all pain meds, like Mortrin or Advil or Tylenol Etc etc.

GLUCOSE, RANDOM
Your value
88 mg/dL
Standard range
70 - 139 mg/dL
POTASSIUM
Your value
4.4 mmol/L
Standard range
3.6 - 5.2 mmol/L
SODIUM
Your value
141 mmol/L
Standard range
136 - 145 mmol/L
CHLORIDE
Your value
100 mmol/L
Standard range
98 - 107 mmol/L
CO2
Your value
27 mmol/L
Standard range
22 - 29 mmol/L
ANION GAP SERPL
Your value
Standard range
8 - 16
CREATININE
Your value
1.49 mg/dL
Standard range
0.70 - 1.20 mg/dL
BUN
Your value
24 mg/dL
Standard range
6 - 20 mg/dL
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE, NONAFRICAN AMERICAN
Your value
54 mL/min
Standard range
>=60 mL/min
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE, AFRICAN AMERICAN
Your value
>60 mL/min
Standard range
>=60 mL/min
The eGFR was calculated using the CKD-EPI equation.

Check Stage GFR Description

Stage III 30-60 Kidney damage with moderate decrease in GFR

Stage IV 15-29 Severe decrease in GFR

Stage V <15 Dialysis or kidney failure

So your creatinine and BUN are very high. First place I would look is supplements particularly amino acids like arginine, citrulline, BCAAs in excess. Then I'd look at overall protein intake.

If those things aren't the issue then I don't know what to tell you. Search up ways to help your kidneys over at Natural News

BCAA really? I take a strong Multi-Vitamin for my age. Fish oil too, (Carson's) But I'll try that. I also been taking NAC 600 mg off cycle always 1200mg on aas. Thank you for your input.

A few years back, I posted Higher than you on Bun and Creatinine.
And my Doctor did the same as yours.
Ultrasound on my Liver/Kidneys/and Bladder ~ everything was fine.

I hadn't seen him in a couple of years, and I forgot to mention that I was On-Cycle.

After I got Off-Cycle for about 6 Months, I redid the Bloodwork and Everything was back to Normal.

So my question is ~ How long were you off of AAS before getting the Bloodwork done........................ JP
P.S.
When this happened ~ Creatinine was 1.66 mg/dl and Bun was 23.

Liver Enzymes were ALT @145 and AST @ 92 ~ after both were back in the Middle of the Reference Range.

Last edited:
BCAA really? I take a strong Multi-Vitamin for my age. Fish oil too, (Carson's) But I'll try that. I also been taking NAC 600 mg off cycle always 1200mg on aas. Thank you for your input.

What I mean by those amino acids is perhaps you are taking too much of them. I didn't mean to suggest you should start taking them.

If you are not doing a bunch of amino supplements or huge amounts of protein, then I'd be a bit more concerned than if you were and could stop taking them.

Both your BUN and CR levels are high and your GFR is low .

Here is some info:

Low GFR often means kidneys are not functioning well;
An intense exercise can elevated BUN level;
A diet high in protein and dehydration can also make your BUN level higher;
Are you taking any Creatine supplement ? if so, that's why your CR level is high .
And more lbm=higher CR levels .

I highly recommend you visit a Nephrologist and before another test :

Stop taking creatine for at least 5 days;
Reduce protein intake for 72 hours;
Take at least 2 days off the gym or any intense activity;
Drink plenty of water until your urine is clear (birght yellow) .

and pct wont improve your kidney function .

Last edited:
A few years back, I posted Higher than you on Bun and Creatinine.
And my Doctor did the same as yours.
Ultrasound on my Liver/Kidneys/and Bladder ~ everything was fine.

I hadn't seen him in a couple of years, and I forgot to mention that I was On-Cycle.

After I got Off-Cycle for about 6 Months, I redid the Bloodwork and Everything was back to Normal.

So my question is ~ How long were you off of AAS before getting the Bloodwork done........................ JP
P.S.
When this happened ~ Creatinine was 1.66 mg/dl and Bun was 23.

Liver Enzymes were ALT @145 and AST @ 92 ~ after both were back in the Middle of the Reference Range.

Only 3-4 months. Nov 13th 2018 was when I started my PCT. Did that for 4 weeks. So 4 months roughly.

Here is some info:

Are you taking any Creatine supplement ? if so, that's why your CR level is high .

I was thinking that to "Pct" won't help my . kidney's.

All last week and this week I have been drinking a gallon plus every day. I am doing creatine, so I will lay off that too.

Thank you fellas for chiming in with your input. I greatly appreciate all this information.

Hope you ALL have a powerful week ahead!

I was thinking that to "Pct" won't help my . kidney's.

All last week and this week I have been drinking a gallon plus every day. I am doing creatine, so I will lay off that too.
if it was me i would up your water intake to 2 gallons minimum. i drink a gallon of water just when i work out for 2 hours.
but then, thats just me but i do love my water.

if it was me i would up your water intake to 2 gallons minimum. i drink a gallon of water just when i work out for 2 hours.
but then, thats just me but i do love my water.

My mom used to work in a mental hospital and one night this sekt/cult came in and they had tried a "water cleansing ritual", trying to drink something like 10-15 liters. They all almost died lol.
My point is this, nothing is good in excessive amounts, and a lot of shit could end up killing you.

Here is some info:

SO I took a test a month ago and my levels have gone down, but not to much.

CREATININE
Your value
1.33 mg/dL
Standard range
0.70 - 1.20 mg/dL
BUN
Your value
22 mg/dL
Standard range
6 - 20 mg/dL

So my Creatine went down to 1.33 from 1.49 and my bun went down from 24 to 22.

I saw a Nephrologist and when he met me he noticed from several different chemistry panels he noticed a pattern that my Bun/Creatine generally always been high. He also mentioned that I am a big guy and that may be the reason why mine are higher due to my size? Not even sure if that even makes any sense. Otherwise everything else is in check.

All my gear is homebrew. I'm about to make Tren A and thinking of doing a ten week cycle Tren A and Test P.
I gave my organs (Kidney/Liver) etc ten months off from gear. I am thinking IF I do a short ester cycle I can get the gear somewhat faster out of my system then long-ester in case something should go wrong. I am figuring 5 weeks in I'll get my bloods done and see where my Bun/Creatine is at?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

I have done plenty of cycles, Long ester or short ester and always followed by a Hcg and pct for five weeks or sometimes four weeks. Hcg through out all my cycles, for my nads.

I am 51 but I am 6'6" 250 lbs and was 275 lbs but I injured my shoulder. That's another story. Ugh. 19% bf

So I stopped my long ester cycle on Nov 13th 2018 which I then did PCT for four weeks

I also gets my Bloods done usually Private Labs MD. But I got my bloods done through my insurance provider for my annual routine health check up. The range on my blood test came out slightly elevated. I had a chemistry panel and failed three times.

It has been since December 13th A little over three months.

My doctor had me do an Ultrasound on my kidney's a bladder and everything came back normal based on the radiologist report.

So not sure what is my next step. This past week I'm making sure I drink at least a gallon of water to try and flush out anything and I am avoiding all pain meds, like Mortrin or Advil or Tylenol Etc etc.

GLUCOSE, RANDOM
Your value
88 mg/dL
Standard range
70 - 139 mg/dL
POTASSIUM
Your value
4.4 mmol/L
Standard range
3.6 - 5.2 mmol/L
SODIUM
Your value
141 mmol/L
Standard range
136 - 145 mmol/L
CHLORIDE
Your value
100 mmol/L
Standard range
98 - 107 mmol/L
CO2
Your value
27 mmol/L
Standard range
22 - 29 mmol/L
ANION GAP SERPL
Your value
Standard range
8 - 16
CREATININE
Your value
1.49 mg/dL
Standard range
0.70 - 1.20 mg/dL
BUN
Your value
24 mg/dL
Standard range
6 - 20 mg/dL
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE, NONAFRICAN AMERICAN
Your value
54 mL/min
Standard range
>=60 mL/min
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE, AFRICAN AMERICAN
Your value
>60 mL/min
Standard range
>=60 mL/min
The eGFR was calculated using the CKD-EPI equation.

Check Stage GFR Description

Stage III 30-60 Kidney damage with moderate decrease in GFR

Stage IV 15-29 Severe decrease in GFR

Stage V <15 Dialysis or kidney failure

dude, your bun is elevated and does anyone have any input?
you should rephrase your titles man, sounds like you want to get rimmed. lol BREAK OUT THE VASELINE!

Back