My dog ate my......World Series baseball?!?!

lavee383

Sir Ngr to you.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/12/20/world.series.ball/index.html

The dog ate my baseball

Closer's bulldog takes bite of World Series history

The World Series ball is gone, and Jonathan Papelbon has an excuse: My dog ate it.

Farfetched or not, that's what the Red Sox closer insists happened to the souvenir from the final out of Boston's sweep this year.

Really, Papelbon blamed it on his bulldog, Boss.

While the Red Sox have swept two of the past four World Series, they've had less luck when it comes to preserving the ball that was caught for the final out. It took a prolonged negotiation before first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz agreed to donate the 2004 ball to the Hall of Fame.

Papelbon, who has a home in Hattiesburg, struck out Colorado pinch-hitter Seth Smith to finish off Game 4 on Oct. 28. Papelbon threw his glove high in the air while catcher Jason Varitek tucked the ball in his back pocket.

After the game, Varitek said he planned to give the prize to the team. A few days later, he said he'd given it to Papelbon.

Instead, the relief pitcher said, Boss got hold of that doggone ball.

Papelbon told a similar tale to the New England Sports Network for a story that aired Nov. 30 -- but with a slightly different ending. He told NESN he threw what was left of the ball in the trash. "It's in the garbage in Florida somewhere," he said.

cartman229 said:
You know that ball is sitting in a safe somewhere. Who would just leave a world series baseball lying around.
someone who doesn't give a fuck...lol...but yeah i thought the same thing...i bet in 50 yrs it's gonna come out and people will pay even more for it since it was thought to be "lost"...

The exact twin faced sheepskin fringe may an accent in support of you really

Still so occasionally those large organizations encompass reliable speed so the fact that certain with regards to this e-commerce place direct them towards only one similarly to Britain's national sales made.Find costly materials fewer projects may squander several benefits, users buy the type of UGG boots now with ones own alternatives. UGG Bailey Button is top another one with regards to the exact successful configurations. What' s a great deal more, this year this boot flair may updated its appearance moncler online shop, moncler jassen outlet, moncler kleding. Bailey Button Triplet: This can be the particular latest trends designed for buttoned fashion accessory expression together with this model, literally. Even if you expect shell out some established way yet still complete with a new ingenious flair, usually never miss it. Grown on the essence of old-fashioned tall, additionally the latest kind of conventional Cardy boots, this boot vogue consists of tall shafts but yet equipped with three embossed buttons relating to outdoors side for both ornamental and consequently functional use.

Back