My First Cycle + Diet + Training Basics (25 yr old, moderate experience)

BioHacker

Hello Guys. I've been reading this forum and the website for many years pondering the use of anabolic steroids. I considered myself too young in the past to attempt steroid use. I would like to see a transformation in my physique that I consider to be significant so I decided to get on the juice. I don't believe I will ever do anything too strong (nothing other than just test-e) and will likely only do future cycles to gain a little bit more or to regain whatever is lost in case my training and diet depreciates. I've been bigger and strong before with the same body fat as I am now. My food comsumption and training volume decreased in volume for the last year and a half and I shrank about 10 pounds, but I remained healthy and lean. Here is the cycle I came up with + diet:

Height: 5'11''' (180cm)
Weight: 175 lbs
Bf: 10% (Some visibility on abs, veins on arms and shoulders, lean but muscular)
Goal: Maximize lean mass gain with minimal fat gain (Even at the cost of total mass gain). I could care less about gaining the most weight possible...
TDEE: ~17000 cal / week

Diet basics:
Macros (divided over 5 evenly-spaced meals):
Protein: 300g /day
Carbs: 200g /day (Bump to 300g sat and sun for refeed)
Fat: 50g/day
Calories: ~18000 cal / week

Training basics:
Mon: Upper body
Tues: Lower body
Wed: Rest
Thurs: Upper body
Fri: Lower body

160 reps total for larger muscle groups / week , divided over both workouts (Back, chest, hamstrings, quads)
80 reps total for smaller muscle groups / week , divided over both workouts (Abs, biceps, triceps, shoulders, calves)
Reps done to failure at range 8-12 (Explosive concentric, controlled eccentric)

Cycle:

Week 1-5:
250mg Test Enant 2x/w
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

Week 6-10:
300mg Test Enant 2x/w
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

Week 11:
200mg Test Enant 2x/w
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

Week 12:
150mg Test Enant 2x/w
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

Week 13 (lower shutdown/test ratio):
100mg Test Enant 2x/w
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
25mg Clomid 1x/eod

Week 14 (higher shutdown/test ratio):
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
50mg Clomid 1x/d

Week 15 (highest shutdown/test ratio):
1.25mg Finasteride
75mg Clomid 1x/d

Week 16-17 (lower shutdown/test ratio):
25mg Clomid 1x/d

Any thoughts and feedback will be appreciated. My major concerns:

-I'm being too conservative on calorie consumption. I've gained fat from bulking in the past and rather avoid that. My thought is that by adding enough amino acids and resistance training that protein synthesis will occur, specially with the increase feed efficiency of the steroids. I rather do multiple lean-bulking cycles in a year than a combination of bulking and cutting...
-I don't know if my PCT and tapering off of test is very good...

I've got a couple comments. I plotted your dosing scheme using 10 day half life, and it looks like this:

View attachment 566879

Your blood levels for test are continuously rising up to about week 8, then you have weeks 8 to 10 on peak, then they fall off quickly. That much change over time, with a constant dose of adex of 0.25 mg EOD is going to have your estrogen all over the place. With that kind of pyramid up then down you might want to taper your early and later doses of adex to suit, or think about not pyramiding and using a constant test dose throughout.

What is the reason for the finasteride? Do you have hair loss or already know you have an issue? That one can have nasty sides.

And lastly PCT, you start taking clomid at week 13 when your test is still about 3x over max you would naturally make. Then you have weeks 14, 15, 16, and 17 for the rest of your clomid dosing. You only get down to max natural about week 15-1/2, so you are counting on clomid to trick your HPTA to produce GNRH's, you won't get any natural signals to do so until week 16 or beyond. I'd suggest you put a gap in between last test shot and starting PCT, and also that you include nolva.

Hello tank, thank you very much for the detailed feedback!

So by tapering my doses of adex you mean take more when plasma concentration of test is higher and less when plasma concentrations of test are lower? Maybe take 0.25mg 1x/eod (week 2 to week 8] then up to 0.25mg 1x/day (week 8 to week 11] then taper it back down to 0.25mg 1x/day (week 11- week 14]? I don't want my estrogens level to plummet too low because I know it is also important to have some for regular functioning and even muscle gain...

This plotting tool you provided is really helpful. I just don't know what "shape" would be ideal. I plotted something that has less of a drastic decline at the end and keeps plasma concentrations more stable during it. Would the following be more desirable?

View attachment 566881

As for finasteride, I have a very small receding hair line. Male pattern baldness does run in my family. My brother who did steroids at the age of 17 (sadly...) has a fairly prominent receding hair line and he is only 30. My dad got hair implants by the age of 42. Because there is a history in the family I would like to be safe. I kept at what I believed to be very low dosage just for prevention. How drastic will be the side effects of that dosage? Maybe I should only use it during the half of the cycle where plasma concentrations are higher (week 6 - week 11)?

Last edited:
Milton's going to kill me, that damn thumbnail has an external website on it. The main chart I posted has it blocked out. Sorry Milton I tried, don't know why that thumbnail stayed attached when I deleted the first picture I attached, then uploaded the second one with website blocked out.

Anyway, for me personally if I was to use your pyramiding scheme I'd start at 0.125 mg EOD, up to week 5 or so, then 0.25 EOD weeks 5 to 13, then back to half that for the rest. I seem to over respond to adex, so I don't need much, your dosage may vary.

Another thing you could do is front load the test by doubling up on shots #1 500 mg and #2 500 mg, then all the rest 250 mg - all 2x per week. If you did that your test blood levels would rapidly hit max, and stay there. You could take the full adex dose throughout for this, which would keep your test and E2 levels pretty steady - and give you a lot more effective time on your cycle - i.e. more area under the curve.

View attachment 566882

Last edited:
First , welcome :wavey: As I always say keep it simple for you and your body.

Keep test at constant dose. Absolutely NO reason on earth to fluctuate dose .

It is all over our forum , that best 1st cycle 500mgs WK. Why do so many people think they are gonna be different and reinvent the wheel.

It seems you have done research but then wanna stray off the Simple Simon plan. Test only with a beginner's cycle it also help to keep ur E2 at a constant.

You are over thinking this.... Also test is what your body uses and needs. A reason why its used w all compounds.

You mentioned using test cause you wanted something not as strong as other compounds . The other compounds aren't stronger , but they are used for more specific reasons and their attributes. Test is always base so beginner's start w it.

I think you could read up a bit more on that.
Good luck

Last edited:
PS: listen OP I wanna add that "tank" man ^^^^ gave you thorough info. He's knowlegable .

I just really need to stress the point of a constant dose of test and an adequate dose. 500mgs is what you body can and will benefit as to what YOU WANNA DO.Your body isn't digital with the Enanthate ester changing dosesis not good to get the results you want.

Follow the use of AI , like Adex. Use whatever you need for hair growth. No need for clomid during cycle.

Again, thank you guys so much for all the feedback. It is very insightful. Tank, thank you so much for the front load idea. That sounds a lot better. Just one thing. I'm using that tool to plot what you suggested but not getting the exact same thing. Which follows up to a different question. How long should I run that cycle for ideally? It looks to me, based on that chart, that the injections ceased at week 13? Is HCG a good idea for the time in between the last injection and the use of clomid and nolva for PCT? I read that injecting HCG during PCT will just hinder the "recovery process" since it will keep testosterone levels higher artificially (oversimplifying). But would it be beneficial in between the last injection and PCT?

Do you guys have any comments on my calorie intake? I think I might be going a little too conservative. I really like a lot more a muscular lean body (both for functional and aesthetic purposes). So my fear of calorie surplus might be a problem. Would that level of testosterone hinder muscle wasting enough that maybe increasing cardio to a very high level at the very last week of peak test be the best approach to recover a lean body instead of being conservative during the cycle? (10-20kcal calorie deficit from aerobic exercise that last week)

Sorry for the double post. All my posts have to be authorized by an admin, so I can't edit my previous submission... Here is a reworked cycle, please give me some thoughts.

*Ranges for dates are inclusive from both ends

Cycle

Week 1 - Front load

500mg Test Enant 2x/w (1g total)
0.125mg Arimidex 1x/eod

Week [2-13]
250mg Test Enant 2x/w (500mg total)
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

PCT
I need advice on PCT dosages please!

Week [14-15] - Waiting for ester to be gone
0.125mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

Week [17-18]
100mg Clomid 1x/day
40mg nolvadex 1x/day

Week [19-20]
50mg Clomid 1x/day
20mg nolvadex 1x/day

I would drop the Adex for Aromasin as well. Aromasin is a far better choice of an AI. No Estrogen rebound and it doesn't lower IGF-1 lvls like some AI's.

For dosing purposes, 0.5 adex =10mg of Aromasin

At low doses, Anastrozole suppresses estrogen almost completely, where Exemestane wont highly suppress estrogen except at high doses (even then it may not suppress testicular or adrenal production tremendously-- but dex and letro will). this is due to tissue affinity as well as mode of action.

however since most people are using exogenous steroids, which will suppress endogenous production of T and thus estrone. use of exemestane is typically better tolerated, particularly since E2 is the potent estrogen and e1 the weaker.

Adex is best for people on shorter cycles, who dont get that suppressed and/or are high testicular/adrenal producers of estrone.

Aromasin Composition Active substance: Exemestane 25 mg

Benefits:

Aromasin (Exemestane) is significantly different from drugs belonging to the class of aromatase inhibitors. Aromasin is a better drug. Familiar aromatase inhibitors have only a temporary efficiency, but Aromasin has an irreversible and permanent effect. As a result of the drug are suppressed 85% or more estrogens in the body of the athlete.

Aromasin during steroid cycle prevents the side effects that steroids can cause flavoring It should be noted that the effect of Aromasin is fundamentally different from the usual action of Nolvadex for many athletes It is known that Tamoxifen has no effect on the aromatization process. It just begins to interact with the cellular estrogen receptors, preventing estrogen to join them and form a bond. Exemestane also acts on the process of flavoring and suppresses it. Aromasin structure is very similarto a naturally occurring steroid androstenedione. Exemestane principle of operation is that it irreversibly binds to active enzymes hormones. As a result, hormones lose their activity. Aromasin has no estrogenic or progestogenic activity. But it is characterized by mild androgenic activity

Therapeutic Indication:

Breast cancer in postmenopausal women (natural or induced), progressing against the background of antiestrogen therapy, non steroidal aromatase inhibitors or progestins.

Dosage (Men): 12.5 25 mg/day

Dosage (Women): 12.5 mg/day

Active Life: 9 Hours

Side Effects:

Aromasin side effects may occur frequently and in varying degrees. For example, an athlete may face unpleasant consequences such as: nausea, fatigue, sweating, dizziness, headache, skin rash, insomnia, etc.

In one athlete side effects can occur rapidly, in other the use of the drug may pass completely painless. It all depends on individual sensitivity of man to the active ingredient of the drug. But usually, subject to recommended dosages, Aromasin adverse effects do not appear or occur to a small extent.

Or some even use Adex on cycle, and use Aromasin in your PCT. But to each there own.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post. All my posts have to be authorized by an admin, so I can't edit my previous submission... Here is a reworked cycle, please give me some thoughts.

*Ranges for dates are inclusive from both ends

Cycle

Week 1 - Front load

500mg Test Enant 2x/w (1g total)
0.125mg Arimidex 1x/eod

Week [2-13]
250mg Test Enant 2x/w (500mg total)
1.25mg Finasteride 1x/d
0.25mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

PCT
I need advice on PCT dosages please!

Week [14-15] - Waiting for ester to be gone
0.125mg Arimidex 1x/eod
250iu HCG 2x/w

Week [17-18]
100mg Clomid 1x/day
40mg nolvadex 1x/day

Week [19-20]
50mg Clomid 1x/day
20mg nolvadex 1x/day

I think that looks really good. I like the front load. Weeks 2-13 is bog standard and looks good. Week 14 you might want to keep your 0.25 adex EOD as your test blood levels will still be high. Hopefully you will get blood tested at week #8 and you can adjust that AI dose up or down as needed - that will be valuable info to have for the second half of this cycle and any future ones. Week 15 fine. Week 16 I might add 0.125 adex E3.5D and HCG at 1,000 IU per day, it's up to you. Week 17, 18, 19, 20 good. You could run 50 clomid and 20 nolva in weeks 21 and 22 also, some folks do 6 weeks PCT vs. 4. Maybe you could play it by feel, see if your nuts are back to full size and you feel good (i.e. enough test being made).

FWIW I agree with T-Rex on the aromasin comments. I've been running adex lately because I ran out of aromasin and had a ton of adex, but I'm finding it hard to manage the dosage, seems I over respond to adex. On my next cycle I'm switching back to aromasin.

In general looks really good, thanks for keeping with us and working out a good plan. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Holy shit OP you just got some over the top help with important info given by both T-Rex and the ""Tank" man... LOL :dance2:

OP I hope you learned something here cause I did. Damn this forum is loaded with knowledge and experience.
I'm gonna copy this cause I'm getting too old to understand it all, lol

I have been old school and using Adex for years. Maybe I'll re-think and do more research. :wavey:

For dosing purposes, 0.5 adex =10mg of Aromasin

Again. Thank you guys so much for the feedback. I'll make all the adaptations. Quick question on Aromasin dosage. What is the dosage you guys actually recommend? T-Rex suggested 0.5 adex = 10mg of Aromasin. This would be the same as 5mg eod during peak levels of test for my cycle (If I compare with adex amounts I was planning on using). But I did some reading and it looks like most people use larger amounts (10-12.5mg eod). What is the dosage you recommend for the cycle I'm doing?

Back