My First Cycle: Test, Deca, Equipoise

MyFirstCycle

My first steroid cycle: Week 1/Before and During

For years I’ve wanted to do them: steroids.

Vanity certainly was the first reason (why should I lie), but then age passed my by. I’m 44. Pain and slow recovery with my tendons, ligaments, and joints; fat gain, lowered metabolism, decreased physical ability, low endurance…these things caught up to me.

I’ve been an athlete for my entire life. I’ve done an Ironman, jumped out of planes with the 82nd Airborne Division, achieved a perfect score of 300 on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), played basketball at the pro-level, and am that guy in the gym who is nearly better than most. Not the best, but near the top.

After many (emphasis on many) years of thinking about it, researching, studying it, and testing the waters of it, I finally did it: I bought steroids. I started by going on the internet and trying a number of overseas sites. But as karma would provide, buying them overseas never worked. That was most certainly a good thing. My first bit of advice: do not ever buy steroids on the internet. You will not find local dealers, but you will find plenty of dealers in Thailand, Bulgaria, Romania, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan. Do no trust a single one of them. Seriously, if you take anything away from what I’m writing, it is this: do not buy steroids online.

Instead, I looked for a local source. I didn’t approach any of the guys at the gym who most certainly were juicing. What I did was to put all of my cards on the table and do a simple Craigslist search for someone nearby who was selling steroids. I did a search for “Test,” and there were a small number of results. I emailed one of them privately, and he responded within a day.

He was approachable, and informative, and interesting. But I never trusted him. I’m not a stupid man. (I do recognize the hypocrisy in that statement.) And I knew that talking to him, meeting him, buying steroids from him could easily lead to a number of issues: 1) he’s a cop, 2) he’s selling fake stuff, 3) I could die.

I could die.

This is the statement that illustrates just how far we will go for vanity.

I want to pretend that I pursued the purchase of steroids to make my tendons and ligaments heal faster; to make my joints feel younger; to help burn the excess body fat that comes natural with being 44.

That is not entirely true, at all.

While all of those aforementioned things are certainly a benefit, I simply want to look good.

So I bought them.

I met him, first, before buying them. He was nice and informative and conveyed a care for me (and his “clients”), but, again, I’m not stupid. I was worried, and skeptical, and downright scared.
We parted ways and I researched him and his background; I researched the small, automotive business that he owned. I went to the Secretary of State to research is articles of incorporation. I drove by the front of his business to make sure it existed. I searched in other states for his name, cross referencing with any police force. Everything checked out. But, again, I’m not stupid. Of course, the authorities, if they so desired, could set up a shell business, give fake credentials, and set me (or any other fellow) up for a takedown.

Then my dealer arrived.

Within minutes the deal was done and I was on my way home. I purchased Testosterone, Deca, and Equipoise (and on a lesser note, needles). We made the exchange in the most stereotypical way: in a parking lot with cash, and the goods put into the trunk of my car.

I drove away sweating and worried and checking out every car in the parking lot and that drove within a 10 square meter radius of me. I should mention here that I arrived a half hour early, and scanned the parking lot for undercover squad cars, as well as, eye-balled every person nearby as a potential cop. Talk about paranoia, I was the poster-boy. There were four young and well-built men that I thought for sure were cops. The older man sitting next to me reading a Kindle smelled of pig. Good god, was I paranoid.

As bad luck would have it, as I drove away, a squad car got directly behind me and followed my for about seven miles. I won’t write anything more about that, because my hunch is that the reader knows a bit about how I felt.

Nonetheless, the squad car finally passed me, and I made it home to do my first “pin.”

I was nervous but followed my dealer’s advice. I set up all three shots, cleaned the needles, the bottles, and my backside. Pulling the juice was a slow process as well as when I injected it. The injection, to my surprise, didn't hurt. Not only did it not hurt, not even a little bit, I couldn’t feel the needle as it went in to my muscle.

Today, I am two days into my first injection. I can’t honestly say that I feel anything. My first worry was that it would be bad and toxic juice, but I’m not dead (obviously), and I certainly don’t feel sick or negative in any way. So, I’ve come to the obvious conclusion that I wasn’t sold anything lethal. Now, the question remains as to whether or not I’ve actually bought Testosterone, Deca, and Equipoise.

I’m adhering as best I can to a clean diet, and am continuing my focus on a strict workout plan. I’m strong, I’ve been strong, and I have no doubt that I will continue to be strong. The question now lingers as to whether or not the “steroids” I’m injecting are real, and if my strength will go beyond what is considered a stasis or a norm for me. I’m 6’ 2” and 217 pounds at the onset of this 20-week cycle. My body fat is reasonable: I’m not beach-cut but am not beach-shamed. I bench 245 for a few reps, and with my focus on endurance, can bench 185 20 times, 155 30 times, and 135 a bit north of 40 times on a good day. I write that only to let the reader know that I’m not new to the gym and I have a really good foundation with respect to beginning a first steroid cycle; in that, I’m not a fellow trying to become something big and strong because I’m already big and strong. I just want to simply do those things that I’ve outlined earlier in this writing.

My hope is that I have legitimate steroids and that my workout routine, focus on diet, and the use of anabolics will give me what I want: an approximate one for one drop in fat with gain in muscle, along with a corollary improvement in strength and pure muscle mass gain.

We’ll see.

The next thing I will write about are my worries: liver damage, gyno, and…that’s about it.

Sorry to be blunt, but I don’t care too much about infertility, acne, and rage.

Here’s why.

As I mentioned earlier, I’m 44. What I didn’t mention is that I have three (wonderful and beautiful and amazing) children. After the birth of the third, I had a vasectomy, so fertility is not an issue. I don’t want more kids. Period.

Next, acne is not an issue, because, let’s face it, the pharmaceutical industry is darn good; in that, there are a number of over the counter and prescribed medications that make acne a non-issue. (Where was that stuff in the 80’s when I really needed it?)

And when it comes to “roid-rage,” that stuff is just a flat-out politicized, after-school special myth. (Thanks Ben Affleck for doing work to simply take a check.)

So that comes to my real worries: Liver damage and gyno.

When it comes to liver damage, the truth is that it is a roll of the die. Injectables are the way to go, as orals are the primary bad guy with respect to liver damage (hepotoxicity). I’m only doing intramuscular (IM) pins (injections), so I hope that I’m minimizing any real issues to my organs. Full disclosure here: I really like to drink alcohol, so I am overly sensitive to liver related matters and am trying to bring to nothing or nearly nothing the amount of alcohol I will drink during my 20-week cycle.

That leaves us with gyno: will I get it or not? Truthfully, time will tell. I plan to (I have not yet) to tell my personal doctor what I am doing with steroids in order to do current, during, and post-blood work. I also plan to ask her for post cycle therapy (PCT) drugs, such as Nolvadex or Clomid.

So, there you have it: the first week of my first cycle. I hope I have legitimate stuff, and I hope to achieve what I’ve outlined.

Lastly, I’m writing this for two reasons: 1) to have an outlet and a forum for something new and serious in my life where I can discuss openly all of those things that matter to me with respect to taking my first cycle of steroids, and 2) to create dialogue with those who have contemplated the same that I have but have not yet embarked on their first cycle (or, are in their first cycle), so that we may have open and honest dialogue about fears, concerns, experiences, and the realities of acquiring, and using steroids.

1) You bought steroids from some random dude that you found doing a search on Craigslist? Not smart!!!

2) Test, Deca and EQ is not a good first cycle. It is in fact, a really bad one. Did you do any research first?

3) There is a FAQs link below in my signature. Please click on it and read it. Read all the other threads it links you too. Time to get yourself educated before it is too late.

4) You never start a cycle until you have everything you need in hand. That includes ancillaries such as Aromatase Inhibitors and your PCT.

Wow!! That's one of the most intense first posts, I've read. :) Kind of humorous as well, if you don't mind me saying so. You have a lot to learn and this is the place to get educated. Welcome to the forum.

Megatron's post is right on the money. Please take it seriously. :)

I am new to this site so if I a, speaking out of line please forgive me. I am however not new to gear and the importance of research prior to taking anything. I have to agree with the other comments and in addition you spent a lot of time researching your dealer ( which isn't dumb) when you should have been focused on what is more likely to kill you if not fully understood. Getting blood work done is always a good start then build from there. Research will help guide you to the proper product depending on what your lab results. Also not all gear has the same ester. Which mean some produce results quickly ( acetate,props etc). And some take a while( ethantates,chop ate etc). So expecting results after 2 days could be rushing it. Also your dosage and how many times a day or e.o.d plays a huge role in resukts. Main point is research your product no the dealer before purchase. Hope this helps. And mods if I overstepped my boundaries I am sorry

Sig ur good.

OP

1 st cycle is always s
Test e or c x 12 weeks. Estro conversion will be only major concern to counter and it could a non or a big deal.

3 compounds is waaay beyond ur ability to know what the --ck is happening when as in deca s a 19 nor and takes a long time to come on line and it s side s are androgen based.

Equipoise is a Vet drug for HORSES and take s longer than deca and needs a high dose to be really beneficial . I read until I had to post up...please do not take offense but ur no where near ready for this and at 44 u should chill , read, learn and do the above 1 st. Please don t run off.

Trying to help is all.

Thanks for your comments

1) You bought steroids from some random dude that you found doing a search on Craigslist? Not smart!!!

2) Test, Deca and EQ is not a good first cycle. It is in fact, a really bad one. Did you do any research first?

3) There is a FAQs link below in my signature. Please click on it and read it. Read all the other threads it links you too. Time to get yourself educated before it is too late.

4) You never start a cycle until you have everything you need in hand. That includes ancillaries such as Aromatase Inhibitors and your PCT.

Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate them and anything I write henceforth is only out of respect and to have an honest dialogue with you; I will respond in bullet format with respect to how you replied (and I repeat: with respect):

1) Yes, buying anabolics from anyone (including off Craigslist) is really stupid, but, hey: where the heck should one do it...? Anabolic are a risk. Period. From buying to using...

2) Test/Deca/Eq as first cycle...Yes, I did research, years of it. Agreeably, a simple Test cycle with PCT over an 8-12 week period seems to be the generally accepted first step. However, my rebuttal is this: the Deca is relatively low at 200 mg/week, and the EQ is a stack on a 600 mg/week Test pin. While for some a three-group stack is potentially a bit much, what one must consider is that I've: a) been a professional athlete in the NBA, b) was an Ironman triathlete, and c) have hard-work achieved, coupled with flat out good luck with my genetics, physical strength and endurance that is not only world class, but, even at my age, is in the top 1-5% of anyone from age 18-50. So...a Test/Deca/EQ stack monitored by my doctor (she doesn't agree with it, but is managing the health aspects of it) is not a bad first cycle. If, however, I were 19, high body fat, no experience with training, etc., than...No, this is not a good first cycle.

3) Thank you for the FAQs that you added, I will certainly take a look and appreciate all advice and warnings and experience.

4) I agree with your advice on the PCT; I've spoken with my doctor (yesterday) and she (begrudgingly) is ensuring that I have the PCTs in hand in order to avoid the side-effects of the cycle. As well, my intention is to post my current, during (and at some point) my post cycle blood work. I've already committed that if my blood work shows any danger during the cycle that I will cycle off, that was the agreement I made with my doctor.

Finally, thank you again for taking the time to respond. I really appreciated it.

Thank you for your comment on the cycle. Yes, EQ was designed for Equines; however, the EQ that most use for anabolic has been formulated for us humans. I will let you (all) know how the stack progresses; if I see any signs of anything that is negative, I will post it, and then work to cycle off. In a previous reply to another commenter, I spoke about how my doctor is now involved with my cycle. She is unhappy but as a clinician (and my doc for the last 12 years) is committed to ensuring that I do this in as safe a manner as possible. My blood work will be underway this week, and I've agreed to see her every 2-4 weeks. Further, I've agreed with her that if anything becomes too "out of control" that I will work through her to cycle off. Again, my goal with this is not to become a large, overly strong human being. I'm already big, and I'm already strong. I certainly do not want to put myself in any major risk with this. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. I appreciated them.

MFC.

Well I do respect ur not getting upset. Please keep us informed. Ur a grown man and like me things like nut size and sperm count are irrelevant. Plus, like me ur doc s hovering about so that s big plus.

Repped out of respect for ur steadfastness and maturity.

My good man..if and when issues arise throw em out or p m and if I can t answer them I ll direct u to them that can....

I've never bought aas from a local dealer, always off the net. Been burned twice the first 3 times but not in the last 4 years. Have 4 solid sources, so you'd blanket statement of 'never off the internet' is rather off

Thanks for the reply, I appreciated your thoughts on buying online vs. a local dealer; while it certainly is possible to buy from sources off the internet (as you cited), you did, however, lose out 3 times. As well, it is much easier for law enforcement, USPS, customs, foreign customs officials, et al., to become involved. Point in hand, a fellow in my area just recently was arrested because he bought from China, and Hong Kong officials (China's domain and through which the anabolics were shipped) notified US Customs, who, in turn, notified US Postal. The fellow was arrested and not for just possession, but with intent to distribute. In the eyes of the law, he was seen as a dealer...much worse than as a user. Enforcement went into his home and found his personal gear, with needles. It was enough to charge him with multiple counts. (Beware, even having needles in some states without a prescription can be against the law.) Law enforcement will not distinguish between recreational users and dealers. Internet sources also come with more issues: home-made anabolic, impure anabolic, weak concentrations, and just flat-out scams when they tell you the only way to make payment is Western Union, bitcoin, or paypal. To reiterate: yes, you can find legit online sources; of course, it is possible to buy online, no one disputes that. But no one ever tells anyone in any forum what sources are legitimate. In fact, many illegitimate resources post in forums like this, passing themselves as a user or reviewer or happy customer, giving rave reviews just so guys like us will click on the link. I'm not an expert, but I'd rather see a guy sitting in front of me and take my chances there than with a guy you'll never meet who makes you send money to Thailand or some other country you've never been. So, if one wants to buy online than simply remember it is a game of probability; the question is how to minimize the probability of risk, including the risk from scams, poor product, impure product, or flat out fraud.

Best of luck and thanks again for your comments.

MFC.

Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate them and anything I write henceforth is only out of respect and to have an honest dialogue with you; I will respond in bullet format with respect to how you replied (and I repeat: with respect):

1) Yes, buying anabolics from anyone (including off Craigslist) is really stupid, but, hey: where the heck should one do it...? Anabolic are a risk. Period. From buying to using...

2) Test/Deca/Eq as first cycle...Yes, I did research, years of it. Agreeably, a simple Test cycle with PCT over an 8-12 week period seems to be the generally accepted first step. However, my rebuttal is this: the Deca is relatively low at 200 mg/week, and the EQ is a stack on a 600 mg/week Test pin. While for some a three-group stack is potentially a bit much, what one must consider is that I've: a) been a professional athlete in the NBA, b) was an Ironman triathlete, and c) have hard-work achieved, coupled with flat out good luck with my genetics, physical strength and endurance that is not only world class, but, even at my age, is in the top 1-5% of anyone from age 18-50. So...a Test/Deca/EQ stack monitored by my doctor (she doesn't agree with it, but is managing the health aspects of it) is not a bad first cycle. If, however, I were 19, high body fat, no experience with training, etc., than...No, this is not a good first cycle.

3) Thank you for the FAQs that you added, I will certainly take a look and appreciate all advice and warnings and experience.

4) I agree with your advice on the PCT; I've spoken with my doctor (yesterday) and she (begrudgingly) is ensuring that I have the PCTs in hand in order to avoid the side-effects of the cycle. As well, my intention is to post my current, during (and at some point) my post cycle blood work. I've already committed that if my blood work shows any danger during the cycle that I will cycle off, that was the agreement I made with my doctor.

Finally, thank you again for taking the time to respond. I really appreciated it.

1. It is the fact that you bought from some random person. Whether buying from a local source or over the Internet, get recommendations next time. Make friends and see who they use. No, it isn't perfect, but it gives you a better chance of being safe.

2. How do a, b and c prepare you for recognizing and managing side effects on cycle? This can only be gained through experience. One runs Test-only first to learn how his body responds. Learn how to manage E2 on a given dose. Then add another compound the next cycle and learn how to manage that. Any new problems can likely be attributed to the new compound which will provide insight into managing it. When your dick stops working is it Estradiol, Prolactin or something else for example?

Is relying on your doctor really smart? Will this stay out of your medical records? Wouldn't it be smarter to run Private blood work? Will your doctor prescribe the drugs you will need like Aromatase Inhibitors, Dopamine Agonists, hCG and SERMs? Does your doc know how to use these medications on cycle or can you guide her?

Do you have a plan for managing hematocrit?

3. You're welcome! :)

4. What PCT meds, doses and durations did she prescribe?

Last edited:
Trt quarantee...his doc s got a plan AND a mortgage...win win or lose lose...he s 44...I m tired. My dad, to keep me from messing w candles held my finger in the wax when I was 7. Let s hold him down and double his dose on ALL 3.

OP...I m kidding.

Mega s a really true moderator and a concerned for other s kind of guy. I ll just wish you well....

Thanks for the reply, I appreciated your thoughts on buying online vs. a local dealer; while it certainly is possible to buy from sources off the internet (as you cited), you did, however, lose out 3 times. As well, it is much easier for law enforcement, USPS, customs, foreign customs officials, et al., to become involved. Point in hand, a fellow in my area just recently was arrested because he bought from China, and Hong Kong officials (China's domain and through which the anabolics were shipped) notified US Customs, who, in turn, notified US Postal. The fellow was arrested and not for just possession, but with intent to distribute. In the eyes of the law, he was seen as a dealer...much worse than as a user. Enforcement went into his home and found his personal gear, with needles. It was enough to charge him with multiple counts. (Beware, even having needles in some states without a prescription can be against the law.) Law enforcement will not distinguish between recreational users and dealers. Internet sources also come with more issues: home-made anabolic, impure anabolic, weak concentrations, and just flat-out scams when they tell you the only way to make payment is Western Union, bitcoin, or paypal. To reiterate: yes, you can find legit online sources; of course, it is possible to buy online, no one disputes that. But no one ever tells anyone in any forum what sources are legitimate. In fact, many illegitimate resources post in forums like this, passing themselves as a user or reviewer or happy customer, giving rave reviews just so guys like us will click on the link. I'm not an expert, but I'd rather see a guy sitting in front of me and take my chances there than with a guy you'll never meet who makes you send money to Thailand or some other country you've never been. So, if one wants to buy online than simply remember it is a game of probability; the question is how to minimize the probability of risk, including the risk from scams, poor product, impure product, or flat out fraud.

Best of luck and thanks again for your comments.

MFC.
You do realize that there's domestic online sources, right? While your concerns are valid, it's much easier to walk away from a package you get in the mail if you sense something off than to try to backpedal after you've exchanged money for controlled substances.

No money, what's the crime being committed exactly? Receiving something you "didn't order"? ;)

I'd hit some other glaring issues I see, but Tron has them handled.

Welcome to ology, I do think that if you stick around, you'll find that there's much to learn still. Oh, and yes - I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us here are on AAS for vanity. :)

Update, end of week 2:

Side effects: no gyno, no acne, no aggression; testes seem about the same size, maybe slightly smaller. Sexual desire is rising. Is this a placebo? Not sure.

Here are my weight and lifting stats (a disclosure on my stats, these numbers are less than my max ability 12 years ago. My worry is that I'm just, even with my cycle, hitting points I've been before because of muscle memory):

Week 2:

Weight: 222
Bench: 265, 1 rep
Shoulder, standing military: 225 2 reps
Sled: 675 (7 plates one side, 8 the other) for four reps
Upright row: 135
Curls: Olympia bar; 4x10s for 6 reps (125 lbs.)

On Jun 10, 2016:

Weight: 217
Bench: 135, 40 reps; 245, 2 reps
Shoulder standing military: 135, 13 reps; 205, 2 reps
Sled: 630 (7 plates per side)

Short version: I've made gains. My shoulder strength gains are especially impressive as are the gains with my legs. Bench has always been my weakest, with 300 being my historical max (12 years ago). How much is due to steroids vs. previous natural benchmarks is still uncertain. I definitely feel stronger. But I'm also working really hard. How much is due to muscle memory vs. steroids vs. hard work is uncertain. My week 1 vs. week 2 photos (not posted) don't seem to show too much difference (although I'm certain I've made some size gains (water retention?)) and have had some fat loss. I'm curious how week 1 vs. week 5 or 6 might be. I may post the photos then.

From a diet perspective, I'm eating pretty clean and with a reasonable amount of protein (~200 +\- grams). Full disclosure: I'm still drinking alcohol, but I'm actively trying to cut down and abstain.

Short version: I'm not yet sold on the cycle. Time will tell more. My research has generally pointed to weeks 4-6 being the "tell-all" weeks; meaning, the weeks where gains should be more than numerical but physically noticeable.

We will see...

MFC.

Update, week 3:

Definitely stronger. Did standing military presses with 20 reps at 135, maxing at 1 rep at 245. Benched 275, and all other exercises are either at max rep highs, or max weight highs. Body weight is constant at ~220 +\-. Cutting slightly. Pants are fitting better but shirts and suits (jackets in particular) are getting tight. Lifting partner is noticing my size change in shoulders and biceps. (He doesn't know about my gear, though.)

Sex drive is definitely there. Can't stop asking the wife for more. No acne. No gyno. No aggression. I think the testes are slightly smaller but haven't measured (that seems a bit obsessive). Haven't yet run cholesterol, etc., bloodwork or blood pressure. Plan to do that in the next 2 weeks. My body temp seems to be running higher, but that could also be because it's summer and been raining (higher humidity) a bit the last few weeks.

That's it for now. See you in a week.

MFC.

Back