My not too tasty, but good for building muscle morning shake

neuroscab

Below are the ingredients that I put into my morning shake. I drink this about 1hr after I have a whey protein shake.

1.5 cups water
1oz Top sirloin
1 whole egg
46g egg whites
10g raw honey
57g Ezekiel 4:9 cereal (original)

Calories: 435
Protein: 25.75
Carbs: 49.5
Fat: 11 (saturated: 2.6)
Fiber: 6
Sugar: 8
Cholesterol: 232.5

Note: all ingredients are put into my ninja food processor, whereby I proceed to blend the hell out of the respective ingredients.

This was my own creation. I like getting my protein from different sources. If you are not familiar with Ezekiel cereal, please note that it is a complete protein. In addition, I can't seem to eat oatmeal, as it sits on my stomach forever and causes tremendous bloating; however, the Ezekiel does not cause this issue for me.

thats nasty, but man if i could get that down i would...great muscle builder breakfast indeed. mine is 2 scoops protein powder, 1.5 cups dry oatmeal, ridiculous amount of frozen berries, greek yogurt spoonful, 4 egg whites, skim milk. id much rather get more solid protein like you rather than whey, but im workin on it lol

and yes oatmeal can bloat people for sure, for me its in and out. especially if you blend it...the question is, does blending our carbs (ezekiel cereal and oatmeal for example) change the absorption time? i hear it makes it absorb faster, from the change in glycemic index...ever hear of that?

thats nasty, but man if i could get that down i would...great muscle builder breakfast indeed. mine is 2 scoops protein powder, 1.5 cups dry oatmeal, ridiculous amount of frozen berries, greek yogurt spoonful, 4 egg whites, skim milk. id much rather get more solid protein like you rather than whey, but im workin on it lol

It really is not that bad, given that the honey adds a sweetness to it. I really don't think about it though. I just down it, followed by another 1.5 cups of water that I take my morning vitamins with.

and yes oatmeal can bloat people for sure, for me its in and out. especially if you blend it...the question is, does blending our carbs (ezekiel cereal and oatmeal for example) change the absorption time? i hear it makes it absorb faster, from the change in glycemic index...ever hear of that?

I have heard mixed comments (i.e., bro science) regarding this matter. I have never looked further into the relevant empirical evidence. When I get a chance, perhaps I will try to locate a peer reviewed journal article that could shed some light on this question. Or, perhaps, someone else could chime in.

Back