My training program any good? please leave feeback :)

Darsonb

Hey all really want to get good results in my training this Summer so want to make sure Im doing it right. My goal is to get bigger stronger and to look good. Heres my 5 day workout routine is it pretty much down pat or am I off?? Any suggestions would be great

Day1 Chest
Incline bench press barbell (medium grip)
Incline bench press dumbbell
Flat bench press barbell (medium grip)
Flat bench press dumbbell
Bent arm dumbbell
Flat pec deck
Super set of chest press and normal pec deck

Day 2 Biceps/Triceps
Preacher bench curls barbell (close grip)
Preacher bench curls using a machine (medium grip)
Standing dumbbell curls
Overhead cable curls
Standing bicep curls using a barbell
Cable tricep extensions
Machine tricep extension
Machine overhead cable extension dips

Day 3 Legs
Leg Press
Squats
Leg extensions using a machine
Lying leg curls
Standing leg curls
Seated leg curls
Standing calf raises
Bent calf raises using a machine
Seated calf raises

Day 4 Back
Back extensions with a 5k plate on a machine
Dead lifts barbell
Bent over long bar rows 2arm
Lat pull downs
Machine rows
Back pull downs
Seated cable rows
Bent over T bar rows

Day 5 Shoulders/Traps
Shoulder press Barbell using smith machine
Shoulder press dumbells
Dumbbell lateral raises
1 Arm cable lateral raises
Dumbbell forward raises
Barbell forward raises
Barbell shrugs
Dumbbell shrugs
Super set of Seated and standing shrugs usng a shrug machine

That’s pretty much my routine I do 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps. Also after each session I do a bit of abb work then hit the treadmill doing light cardio for 20min. I was told not to do cardio straight after a workout and to do it separately either 1st thing in the morning if im training at night or just before bed if im training in the morning would this be a better option?

I don’t train Saturday and Sunday due to work commitments but if I get a weekend off I will train day 1 to day 3 then a day off and continue day 4 day 5. I do change a few things each session so it’s not always the same.

So is this routine up to scratch? Any input would be great :)

first off you say you want to get bigger and stronger, which means as of now you probably aren't big and strong. This would put you in a beginner category. you're doing too much work, period. It would be nice if we could get some more info here. age, height and weight, body fat, what does your work entail, what's your 1rm in standing overhead press, bench, pullup, any type of horizontal row, deadlift and squat? also your 1rm or hypothetical 1rm in the snatch, clean and clean & jerk assuming you do these. what are you doing for your warmup? any mobility work? what do you do for recovery? also post your diet. doesn't have to be extremely detailed; just total calories, macros in percentages or ratio to your total caloric intake, example of your meals. how much water you intake. i'm not going to go through your entire routine and tell you what to change, what to drop, what to do more of or what to add, and i'm not going to come up with a routine as of now for you either unless you want me to. i'd rather not waste my time doing it if you won't follow it. i'd like the information requested above though. i will say this before closing: way too much work, too much energy spent on too many lifts, half of them useless, hitting triceps the very next day after doing chest, drop the cardio.

don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing - ron swanson (man's man). if i could only pick one lift to do forever and nothing else couch, i don't know if it would be the squat, deadlift or clean and jerk. probably the clean and jerk, but damn i love squatting. seperates the men from the hipsters.

first off you say you want to get bigger and stronger, which means as of now you probably aren't big and strong. This would put you in a beginner category. you're doing too much work, period. It would be nice if we could get some more info here. age, height and weight, body fat, what does your work entail, what's your 1rm in standing overhead press, bench, pullup, any type of horizontal row, deadlift and squat? also your 1rm or hypothetical 1rm in the snatch, clean and clean & jerk assuming you do these. what are you doing for your warmup? any mobility work? what do you do for recovery? also post your diet. doesn't have to be extremely detailed; just total calories, macros in percentages or ratio to your total caloric intake, example of your meals. how much water you intake. i'm not going to go through your entire routine and tell you what to change, what to drop, what to do more of or what to add, and i'm not going to come up with a routine as of now for you either unless you want me to. i'd rather not waste my time doing it if you won't follow it. i'd like the information requested above though. i will say this before closing: way too much work, too much energy spent on too many lifts, half of them useless, hitting triceps the very next day after doing chest, drop the cardio.

Well here are my stats

Age 30
Weight 84 kilos 185 LB
Height 5'7 bare feet
Chest 43"
Waist 35"
Upper legs 24"
Body fat 15%

Forgot to mention I do a worm up at the start just a quick jog on the treadmill or use the rower for 5 min to get the heart rate up and some light warm up weights on whatever im training on the day. Clean and jerk squats I do all that now as my trainer highly recommended it.

Heres my diet

Meal 1: 5 egg whites 1 full egg with a spoon full of cottage cheese (sometimes I put a slice of low fat cheese), small bowl of oats and a strong coffee sometimes 2 cups
Meal 2: chicken breast, brown rice and green beans
Meal 3: Lean mince beef, brown rice and veggies
Meal 4: Chicken Breast, sweet potato and broccoli
Meal 5: Steak and veggies (sometimes I put 2 egg whites and 1 full egg on top of the steak)
Meal 6: Chicken breast and green beans

I now have a personal trainer whos looked at my routine and diet as for my work out my technique has changed a lot I do a few different exercises now cardio is dropped after training and do it on days off. My diet has changed just a little bit as he said its not too bad. Hope this is enough info for you and any feedback would be great :) please no haters lol

Well here are my stats

Age 30
Weight 84 kilos 185 LB
Height 5'7 bare feet
Chest 43"
Waist 35"
Upper legs 24"
Body fat 15%

Forgot to mention I do a worm up at the start just a quick jog on the treadmill or use the rower for 5 min to get the heart rate up and some light warm up weights on whatever im training on the day. Clean and jerk squats I do all that now as my trainer highly recommended it.

Heres my diet

Meal 1: 5 egg whites 1 full egg with a spoon full of cottage cheese (sometimes I put a slice of low fat cheese), small bowl of oats and a strong coffee sometimes 2 cups
Meal 2: chicken breast, brown rice and green beans
Meal 3: Lean mince beef, brown rice and veggies
Meal 4: Chicken Breast, sweet potato and broccoli
Meal 5: Steak and veggies (sometimes I put 2 egg whites and 1 full egg on top of the steak)
Meal 6: Chicken breast and green beans

I now have a personal trainer whos looked at my routine and diet as for my work out my technique has changed a lot I do a few different exercises now cardio is dropped after training and do it on days off. My diet has changed just a little bit as he said its not too bad. Hope this is enough info for you and any feedback would be great :) please no haters lol

sorry it's been a few days, i've been on vacation. after looking at your diet, and then checking back with your original goals, they're sort of clashing. do you want to get bigger and stronger or do you want to look good? and by look good i assume you mean get below 10% body fat and have some visible abs. diet looks really clean, how many calories a day would you say you are taking in? sometimes getting bigger and stronger doesn't go hand in hand with looking like the guy on the cover of men's health. if you can get enough calories eating like this then more power to you man. i can't. hopefully you have more willpower than me, but i also burn fat like a motherfucker and have to eat everything in sight to gain muscle. your weight is pretty good for your height, how big are you looking to get? my statement still stands though, too much work. you will get the body you want by pressing, deadlifting, squatting, rowing, and doing oly lifts. calve raises and bicep curls are the only bodybuilder type exercises i throw into my routine because they just don't get hit properly doing the other lifts and while i am looking mainly for over all size and strength, i do want symmetry as well.

sorry it's been a few days, i've been on vacation. after looking at your diet, and then checking back with your original goals, they're sort of clashing. do you want to get bigger and stronger or do you want to look good? and by look good i assume you mean get below 10% body fat and have some visible abs. diet looks really clean, how many calories a day would you say you are taking in? sometimes getting bigger and stronger doesn't go hand in hand with looking like the guy on the cover of men's health. if you can get enough calories eating like this then more power to you man. i can't. hopefully you have more willpower than me, but i also burn fat like a motherfucker and have to eat everything in sight to gain muscle. your weight is pretty good for your height, how big are you looking to get? my statement still stands though, too much work. you will get the body you want by pressing, deadlifting, squatting, rowing, and doing oly lifts. calve raises and bicep curls are the only bodybuilder type exercises i throw into my routine because they just don't get hit properly doing the other lifts and while i am looking mainly for over all size and strength, i do want symmetry as well.

Yea this routine and diet has pretty much changed as I now have someone training me showing me better technique in lifting and also diet has changed where I have a eating plan for training days and non training days. My trainer said the same thing about my goals and I was told to choose one since its nearly summer hear I just want to look good lean ripped hopefully works out :)

Yea this routine and diet has pretty much changed as I now have someone training me showing me better technique in lifting and also diet has changed where I have a eating plan for training days and non training days. My trainer said the same thing about my goals and I was told to choose one since its nearly summer hear I just want to look good lean ripped hopefully works out :)

awesome man, good luck. keep us posted. just remember this is a marathon not a sprint, don't give up or get discouraged.

Back