Natural energy nutrition

nucklehead13

I got to admit that doing both chores at our ranch and hitting the gym to build mustles can tear any one up and leave him or her feel like there's no more energy around. It's just that there must be the right stuff to chow down on thatv makes up for the energy lost. I've heard that V-8 juice helps, and I'd like to find out what vegitable works best so I can add it to my taco salad meals.
Yes, too high a sugar level makes one get fat, and I've got where I watch that and don't buy stuff with a lot of it in them. That's why I've stayed away from fruit juice and plain fruit.
Does any one know what's the best thing to eat for energy, and if it should be had before or after workouts?

The best natural food you can eat for sustained energy during the day is traditional quaker oats. It's probaby one of the best carbs out there. Along with oats, sweet potaotes, yams, brown rice & fruit can provide an excellent source of energy, before, during and after a workout. Right after a workout however it is good to drink a shake that contains simple carbs & whey protein for fast absorption. The body sucks up nutrients much faster right after a workout so make sure to take advantage of that window of opportunity!

Back