Need advice/opinions (Testim/Axiron story)

SixHouse

I'm 39 years old, 6'1", 195lbs, very healthy and in good shape. I weight train 5 days a week and run 2 or 3 miles also 5 times per week. Rarely drink alcohol, no drugs, pretty good diet.

A while back I had a little argument with my wife. She was in the mood, I wasn't. My wife is an absolute super model (seriously). As I layed there, mad at her, it hit me - This had been happening for a while now, and I had just been pushing it aside, blaming it on other things. The fact of the matter was I had ZERO sex drive. I guess it happens so slowly as you get older that you don't notice it. I could literally have gone 6 months without sex and that would have been fine with me. This is obviously not normal for a healthy guy my age.

Go to a urologist and tell him the story. He orders a blood test to check my testosterone level; it comes back in the low 600 range. He says that while this is high compared to his typical patient, it could very well be low for ME, and without a baseline from when I was 18 or 21 there's no real way to know. But based on my symptoms, he suggests that we have to get that number higher. He starts me on 1 tube of Testim per day.

After several weeks and no change I go back for a follow up and tell him nothing has changed. He says he wants me to do 2 tubes a day. I complained about this because it's a pain in the ass! It's bad enough with 1 tube that I have to go to work with my shirt sticking to me, not to mention the fact that my shirt is probably absorbing more testosterone than I am. So he prescribes Axiron and tells me to do 1 Testim in the morning and 2 pumps of Axiron at night.

After a few weeks of doing this, it hits me like a ton of bricks. Out of nowhere I'm waking my wife up in the middle of the night to bang her. I wake up with a boner hard enough to hammer nails. Horny all day long and staring at every ass that walks by. I honestly felt like I was 18 again... and I loved it. So did my wife.

That lasted for about a week and then BAM... totally gone, right back to where I was. Back to the doctor, more blood, this time the number is in the low 400s.

The theory is something like this: For the first few weeks of doing Testim and Axiron my testicles were still producing whatever testosterone they were naturally producing. All of this combined gave me that turbo boost that I experienced. But after a week or so, my testicles all but completely stopped producing because of all the synthetic shit I was putting into my blood, so now ALL I had was the Testim/Axiron in my blood, which as the numbers suggest, is lower than where I started.

It seems logical to me that in order for me to "fix" this problem I need to get that number somewhere over 600 since this is where the number was when i first noticed the problem.

Does all of this make sense? What should I do? I called to make another appt. and he said come on in and we'll switch you to another gel. I don't WANT another gel. What I want is a big fat injection (at least I think this is what I want based on what I have read). Am I a candidate for injections? Will they help? Will he give them to me if I just ask?

This is really effecting my quality of life and my marriage. Any guidance would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

I feel the pain....of low libido and Testim aggravation. If you can stomach shots, do it. I am on my second round of cypionate shots (every two weeks) and self administered my first pin on Thursday night. No stickiness, no after shave scent, and energy is getting better. Erections are rock hard. Also, it would seem that dialing in injections are easier than "2 pumps", or "two tubes".....Your on the right track though man, just stick with it and dont be afraid to suggest things to your Doc as so many have suggested before me.
This place has helped me out a ton and made me have control of my condition, not the other way around.

what happens is your body realizes your putting T in through the skin, and aroma will increase. your spinning your wheels.

I feel the pain....of low libido and Testim aggravation. If you can stomach shots, do it. I am on my second round of cypionate shots (every two weeks) and self administered my first pin on Thursday night. No stickiness, no after shave scent, and energy is getting better. Erections are rock hard. Also, it would seem that dialing in injections are easier than "2 pumps", or "two tubes".....Your on the right track though man, just stick with it and dont be afraid to suggest things to your Doc as so many have suggested before me.
This place has helped me out a ton and made me have control of my condition, not the other way around.

Thank you. What is the dosage you do every 2 weeks? And is it a rx? I thought I would have to go see the Dr. every week or so if I did do the injections.

Dosage can vary. It is an rx, but if your doc is down for it, you can do the injections yourself. It isn't hard, and lots of people do it. Every week seems to be better than every other for most people on the most commonly prescribed meds.

Dosage can vary. It is an rx, but if your doc is down for it, you can do the injections yourself. It isn't hard, and lots of people do it. Every week seems to be better than every other for most people on the most commonly prescribed meds.

Thanks. I have read that 100mg per week is the usual dosage. Is that the case with you?

I just started, and am currently on 100 mg every two weeks. He is doing bloodwork in a week and a half to check levels and adjust from there.

Yeah, I am on 100 E7D. He scripted 200 EOW, but I told him I thought that wasn't the best option and I was going to break it into two evenly spaced doses. He was like "if you feel like doing twice as many injections, it's ok with me...."

Back