Need help with chemical names

jmat2407

So I only have a basic understanding of Chemistry. Perhaps someone can help me out here. The formula for Superdrol that I have always seen is..

2a-17a-dimethyl-5a-androst-3-one-17b-ol

However, Ironmaglabs has a product claiming to contain superdrol but has it written as..

2a 17a -dimethyl 17a hydroxy, 5a etiocholan 3-one

I know you can write the same compound different ways sometimes, I was wondering if this is indeed one of those cases.

So I only have a basic understanding of Chemistry. Perhaps someone can help me out here. The formula for Superdrol that I have always seen is..

2a-17a-dimethyl-5a-androst-3-one-17b-ol

However, Ironmaglabs has a product claiming to contain superdrol but has it written as..

2a 17a -dimethyl 17a hydroxy, 5a etiocholan 3-one

I know you can write the same compound different ways sometimes, I was wondering if this is indeed one of those cases.

No sir... I'm pretty sure that those are two different compounds. If the latter is even a compoud.

This is the IUPAC name straight from Wikkipedia for Superdrol.

17***946;-Hydroxy-2***945;,17***945;-dimethyl-5***945;-androstane-3-one

Now from what I learned in Chemistry, that "one" at the end there shows it to be a ketone and an ol is an alcohol.

So I don't think they the same and I don't think the IUPAC name is right in either.

This is the IUPAC name straight from Wikkipedia for Superdrol.

17***946;-Hydroxy-2***945;,17***945;-dimethyl-5***945;-androstane-3-one

Now from what I learned in Chemistry, that "one" at the end there shows it to be a ketone and an ol is an alcohol.

So I don't think they the same and I don't think the IUPAC name is right in either.

I copied and pasted straight outta Wikkipedia for the IUPAC and it got bumfucked when I posted it. Sorry man but it's screwed. For all purposes I tried and don't believe it is the same. Maybe the same actual substance but they have it labeled wrong.

Back