New EMERGENCY steroid law passed in the US!

Vegas

Taken from Muscle Nexus. Originally taken from Animals board....

Done in secret and the emergency part was even done in exception and without the usual steps for other emergency actions of drug laws!

FASCISM! Secrets and emergencies.

You didn't even hear about this, did you?

I heard about it on ...............HOWARD STERN and then looked it up today as it was passed yesterday. Stern had more info on how the law was bastardized and didn't follow normal protocol, but I couldn't find it onthe web.

03.27.06 - U.S. Anabolic Steroid Punishments Increased!
The U.S. Sentencing Commission has published notice of temporary "emergency" (i.e., immediate) amendments to the federal anabolic steroid sentencing guidelines. Henceforth, injectable and oral steroids will be quantified for punishment in a 1:1 ratio to other Schedule III drugs, resulting in a twenty-fold measurement increase for injectable steroid units and a fifty-fold increase for oral steroid units. Steroids in other forms ("e.g., patch, topical cream, aerosol") will be reasonably estimated based on a consideration of 25mg as one unit. Additionally, sentencing enhancements will apply in cases involving distribution to "athletes" or where coaches use their positions to influence athletes to use steroids, as well as in cases involving "masking agents." While likely to impact dealers more than personal users, the new 1:1 ratio nonetheless ignores fundamental differences between steroid usage and volume patterns as compared to other Schedule III drugs. Other potential problems with the amendments include the lack of any reference to potency in oral or injectable steroids, potentially leading to black market adaptations to circumvent the amendment (e.g., the creation of high potency "mega-pills") as well as the lack of any knowledge requirement involving distribution (e.g., via the Internet) to unidentifiable customers who may turn out to be athletes. It is expected that the revisions will be made permanent by Congress in November.

Last edited:
of course it's legal. What, when you saw them stripping away the rights of the tweakers and the dopers , you thought you'd be safe? The federal government will go after anything they see a tax-free dollar to be made in, and right now they see big money in underground steroid trade.

What?

They are going after the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) thing because it is a hot topic right now, pure and simple. Trying to make themselves look good over an issue they don't know shit about.

It is always the athletes that it is always about, but what athletes have you been go to prison? A physician in NC recently got in big trouble with the law for prescribing stoierds to Carolina Panthers players. What players? The media doesn't even seem to be asking this question.

that doctor was in SC, and the players in question got kicked off the team. Two of them were offensive linemen free agents that were gone after the season anyway, and the other one was a pro bowl punter that wasn't even allowed to kick during the superbowl. It was a good PR move on the panthers part, although it was one that might have cost them the game due to John Kasey shanking a kickoff he normally didn't kick. Sauerbraun was also an alcoholic with numerous DUI's, and that was what finally got him canned.

There is a lot more to the current legislation than a couple of pro athletes. Everything in our political system boils down to money, and there is a lot of money to be made by forcing people to go through doctors to get prescription steroids. There is also a lot of money to be confiscated from mexican labs.

mranak said:
They are going after the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) thing because it is a hot topic right now, pure and simple.

i agree, they are on the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) track right now because they think it is what the public wants from them, but if they had half a clue they would realize that 99.9% of the public couldn't care less about the people that are using AAS, they are more concerned for our troops safety and worried about how our so called president is going to protect us from the next group of assholes that are going to attack innocent people!!!

media sensationalism doesn't have anything to do with why the government is going after steroids right now.

i don't understand exactly what this is saying. Can someone explain. Sorry, Im half retarted when it comes to this stuff.

The sentencing for dealing in Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is now equal to rec drugs basically, an increase that is beyond dramatic to say the least.

More of the same since this Barry Bons Vince Collo(sp?) thing started. Its all going down hill. And don't forget certain people want creatin off the market,,, not just pro hormons but all or it!!

goiterjoe said:
of course it's legal. What, when you saw them stripping away the rights of the tweakers and the dopers , you thought you'd be safe? .

I don't pay so much attention to that crowd.

I don't pay so much attention to that crowd.

you should have. the rights that got stripped from them are the same ones you're watching get trampled now.

And to put things in perspective, these laws haven't even began to come close to what they will be in 10 years from now. You can be certain that a lot of these compounds will be rescheduled in the next few years to Schedule I and II, thus allowing for sentencing guidelines for any new steroids that might emerge before they even hit the market. It will also allow law enforcement agencies to follow through with civil forfeiture of private property in the event of an arrest. Regardless of whether or not you were dealing, the burden of proof will be on you and not on the police to prove that any possessions you have were not purchased with "steroid proceeds". Until then, they will hold any belongings of value until you can convince a judge to give it back.

I don't have time to read all this... I have to go out and break into a few houses, mug a few old ladies, rob a couple liquor stores and sell my daughters to pedophiles so I can go and do another cycle...............

Our government is ass backwards...

thefantom1 said:
I don't have time to read all this... I have to go out and break into a few houses, mug a few old ladies, rob a couple liquor stores and sell my daughters to pedophiles so I can go and do another cycle...............

Our government is ass backwards...

OR you could become a white-collar CEO and embezzle more money than some countries are worth.

Or maybe just become a politician and cut budgets, raise taxes and watch the middle class squirm under your rule while you sit back and play with a little more soft money.

:biggthump

This has nothing to do with personal use of steroids (by non athletes); as such, if affects me not. See below for exact, semi-dumbed down exerpt:

"The amendment addresses two harms often associated with anabolic steroid
offenses by providing new enhancements in §2D1.1(b)(6) and (b)(7). Subsection (b)(6)
provides a two-level enhancement if the offense involved the distribution of an anabolic
steroid and a masking agent. Subsection (b)(7) provides a two-level enhancement if the
defendant distributed an anabolic steroid to an athlete. Both enhancements address
congressional concern with distribution of anabolic steroids to athletes, particularly the
impact that steroids distribution and steroids use has on the integrity of sport,
either
because of the unfair advantage gained by the use of steroids or because of the
concealment of such use."

Back