New Member a few questions.

Loosey

Hello-
Thanks for all the great information on this site. There are literally thousands of excellent posts and this site has definitely helped me research and plan my food and fitness when I lurked, but now Im really entertaining a cycle and it seemed a good time to stop lurking heh.

Im 41 in decent shape, people can tell I lift but I am not a show stopper. I have been lifting for only 3 years and honestly I would say the first year was me kind of flying by the seat of my pants, making a few gym buddies and finally learning a few things. Second year I stopped using machines exclusively and really started to integrate freeweights and compound lifts. Thats when the growth really kicked in. Now, mostly Im sad I didnt start lifting until so late in life! Man I wish I got into this eariler and younger. When I first walked in the gym I was 145 lbs I am now sitting at about 170 with about 17% bf

currently I can bench 255 for one and dead lift 385 for one. Not fantastic but I have been natural and not on good food for the majority of my training. Eating clean for about a month now and did drop a few pounds as I was nearly 180 before the diet change.

I have been looking at running a 500 a week test E cycle, last year my testosterone was pretty low, my MD said it was cause I just had a kid and thats normal... sounded a bit odd to me, so this year since I am thinking of cycling I had it run again and it had gone from 273ng/dL to 413.2 ng/dL thats where I am currently at.

BP , Cholesterol , liver all those values are perfect according to the bloods I just had done last week.

My plan is the strait ahead test e cycle for 12 weeks at 500 AI eod at recommended doses and a post cycle 2 weeks after last pin of clomid/nolva

As usual I have heard from the bros at the gym and gotten advice ranging from stay natty that shit will kill you to, dude you should totally cycle 2 times a year or more .

I dunno fellas, my goals are not to get on stage or be a pwrlifting champ, just want to get closer to what I can be and could have been if this had been part of my life in my younger years? I dont know if I have peaked out natty I actually kind of doubt it because I am still getting gains however slow. Id like to get big while I am still a bit young, once those muscles started to grow from the lifting I have been doing I have been wanting and working for more thats for sure. Strength and being swole make me feel excellent mentally and physically... I want to ratchet it up for sure, my training intensity is there but gains are slow for sure. I want it now, not afraid to say as much I feel like at 41 its my go time to get to peek or beyond.

I know no one can make decisions for you but advice is priceless from someone whos had the practical experience of doing this as safely as possible. I got a great lady, I dont want to wreck anything for myself in the bedroom, or be a mess around my sons.

any advice is appreciated...

best-

Welcome

If you do things right you're lady will be thrilled with the bedroom action and you many be more patient with your boys. When I had low t I was constantly raging and angry. When I'm on I'm cool as a cucumber. Road rage is bs. If your not a complete asshole before taking test, you won't be one on.

Only question for me is diet. Once that is dialed in 100% I say go for it. You've made really solid gains and your lifts are also strong considering. Good work.

Edit- if you spent another year refining your training and bettering your base, the results of enhancement will be greater. But seeing as you're 41 I wouldn't say this is a must.

Last edited:
Welcome

If you do things right you're lady will be thrilled with the bedroom action and you many be more patient with your boys. When I had low t I was constantly raging and angry. When I'm on I'm cool as a cucumber. Road rage is bs. If your not a complete asshole before taking test, you won't be one on.

Only question for me is diet. Once that is dialed in 100% I say go for it. You've made really solid gains and your lifts are also strong considering. Good work.

Edit- if you spent another year refining your training and bettering your base, the results of enhancement will be greater. But seeing as you're 41 I wouldn't say this is a must.

Thanks for the response, if you can field a few questions even better.

I have liquid novla whats the appropriate dosing schedule in PCT of the liquid> I can find a ton on the pill and some on the liquid but none of it seems consistent? Clomid I have is in pill form and from what I read I would be starting week one with 50 however its argued thats too light, but in conjunction with the liquid Nolva is that well enough? I see other folks jumping up and down suggesting 150 for the first week of the clomid.. and then other say thats WAAYYY to high a dose.

only other think I wanted to vett out was that I have a close friend who has said only take the AI IF sides appear, dont run it from the get, however my reading seems to indicate otherwise,and a low EOD dose and increase if Im bothered by a side effect but this guy SWEARS that it will ruin some gains... I think hes off in left field a bit.

I dont know how necessary HCG is on such a mild cycle but its plain it aids the PCT and makes for a better less problematic recovery, I havent any and I think Id want to know now if I need to chase some down. I dont know how necessary because I have zero practical experience and have no idea how my body will react to any of this. After all that reading, its almost as if I have far too many opinions to sort through and am looking for someone to speak to directly that can be a bit objective.

My diet is getting stronger and better and better decisions are being made and its getting a lot easier to avoid junk.. Im actually feeling good about hitting a single cheat day for 4 weeks or so.

any direct advice helps

best-

A mg of Nolvadex is the same in liquid form and in pill form. Not sure where the confusion is.

I'm on TRT, I don't do pct- read through the stickies. It's covered in depth there.

There are lots of effects of high e that you cannot see. By the time the symptoms appear things are out of control. Use an ai from day one.

Mild cycle or wild cycle. They both shut you down completely. It's either on or off. Hcg is recommended.

A mg of Nolvadex is the same in liquid form and in pill form. Not sure where the confusion is.

I'm on TRT, I don't do pct- read through the stickies. It's covered in depth there.

There are lots of effects of high e that you cannot see. By the time the symptoms appear things are out of control. Use an ai from day one.

Mild cycle or wild cycle. They both shut you down completely. It's either on or off. Hcg is recommended.

thanks!

Welcome brother...

Good advice above - I'd reiterate the diet aspect though...

Pointless cycling unless you are all over your nutrition. Money down the drain in my opinion.

And that's pre/during/post cycle too btw

Fair play for keeping it simple and sticking to a Test only cycle, I'd start Adex @ 0.5mg E3D personally.

I'd also recommend 2 x 250iu HCG injections weekly ran from week 1 until 3 days before PCT.

Good luck and stick around :)

BigBen

CiJ. BB got this one bagged.

When ur fitter and know ur OWN reaction to e2 level s and need for nut size and lh and fh follicle stimulation to return to natty with PCT..and at what point bad thing s may happen you ll know about YOUR Ai need s and your usage and dosing. As Both said if
YOUR gonna play with fire better wet the grass around the pit until you know what ur doing. Thing s can go bad real quick.

Welcome.

Last edited:
Back