Newb starting TRT with a few questions?

Dragot, I know what you meant and was just trying to clarify the cost vs benefit. It***8217;s definately a waste if your not going to run it for a longer period of time. I agree with all your positions on this. Most can see tremendous benefits and changes from a good solid diet, with TRT.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm 50 and have pretty much the same story as you. Can't imagine going back to a hormone free past.

I lived in the trough for off and in for 5 years with the last 3 being face down in it. I didn't want to die but simply sitting on the couch breathing was more effort than I felt motivation.

Hey folks thanks for the info......I will add some back history to my story.

Always active with BJJ training and extensive offload motorcycle competition/riding....in the past -early 20's to 30's was a gym head focused on isometric,flexibility and lean mass achieved 190 lbs and kept between 2-7% bf (measured monthly at the gym) and cycling.
Now 46 and I believe I built a platform physique wise and sustained it for most of my life. Any time I felt inactive and metabolism slowed I sped up things to get back to the manageable tone-I guess to gauge that would be if my abs were showing. Anyway with the Lyme's as mentioned initially it messed up my plumbing so food intake was hit or miss and wavered in size and physique. Lowest weight these past 2 yrs was 154 lbs.Normal weight of 175, I obviously I felt weak and feeble.

And agreed along with everyone's comments, that I did not have a protocol in place prior so I am going with my own intuition on how I react.

And yes most likely a waste of money/time BUT what I have noticed and am noticing is that after the initial "Ginormous" puff went down and could fit back into my pants, is that I have definitely elevated energy levels and my physique is definable and weight gains of 8 lbs. Perhaps water but feels like lean mass(the puff has subsided).

I feel as if I were going to the gym and the tone is of just that. My weekly physical therapy for the Distal tear left Bicep is going well . I am way ahead of the healing curve/regimen{full range of motion and able to use my bicep around 40 lbs without pushing it or feeling a strain} as stated by the Physician but wants to keep me to same protocol as per norm. And I understand that. So with that being said I am only allowed to do resistance bands,cycling and rowing......obviously nothing that will add weight or excessive strain to the tendon. All the muscles that have been "sleeping" seem to been woken up. I cycle 3 x's a week and the leg pump is awesome many steep hills by me. Also feel it in my core and arms.

My overall goal was to light a fire under my ass to get some energy and the ball rolling on the heal and snap back. I believe that is happening. Now will it stick and stay? Most likely not and will have to have a regimen in place once cleared by the Physician. But at least the lethargy and aches have subsided from the Lyme's. No its not blooming and an altered diet has staved the ailments off.

I have also notice "Big Jim and the Twins" very alive. There's a monster in my shorts.....been chasing the wife around the house for the past few weeks:tounge2:

Id like to thank all for their input truly helpful......I can say that this endeavor has as of now brought me back to feeling good and healthy. If anyone knows about that damn tick bite and Lyme's or someone who has had it....it is awful and can hit each person with different ailments.

To Recap

First 2 weeks: Small vial reconstituted with 1 IU of water--- rHGH at 0.8IU per day - .4IU(insulin pin ) in the am and .4 IU in the pm. Now 3rd week going into the 4th week is 2 days off and 5 days on of .4 IU per day in the am.

Initially Test E at 750 mg every 5 days and quite honestly attempting to stuff 3 IU's in my glute and thigh was like walking around with a wallet under my skin.
I did back it down to 250 mg every 3 days but felt like it was tapering off too much so went with 300 mg every 3 days or 1.5 IU's and it seems to be the "sweet Spot" and my glute and thigh are thanking me. I can pin in these spots every 3 days and not feel the PIP.

Diet consists of a zero to low sugar,low carb, low caffeine intake with:

Hard boiled eggs in the am

Chicken , quinoa, greens and leafy vegetables and coconut oil and water.

Pineapple , strawberry, blueberry and Banana smoothies with 27 Grams of vegan protein and a fiber supplement, coconut water, almond milk ---this primarily is my sugar source for the day.

90 - 100 ounces of H2O daily.

My morning go go juice:

MSM for the joints anti inflammatory seems to work for me compare to Glucosamine.

Mothers Vinegar unfiltered.

Chlorella<Algae Detoxification. Chlorella is a source of Chlorophyll, Protein, Iron, Magnesium, and amino acids, but it is primarily known as a detoxifying supplement. Its tiny size and unique properties make it able to bind to heavy metals and unwanted chemicals in the body.

BCAA's w/ green tea extract.

I have been running this concoction for about 2 mnths and just added the Chlorella to it and have also notice a my energy is lasting even longer.

i will post a before and after pic I believe that tells the tale better.

Thanks again....happy gains.

Blippy, thanks for the thoughtful post. I feel sorry for the Lyme bullshit.

Sounds like you are on the right track, and you've got your diet nailed.

I don't think I've seen yet what your exit strategy is. Are you going to try to PCT and recover natural test production, or go the TRT / blast & c r u i s e type route?

Blippy, I am sorry to hear about the lymes disease. I know some guys who had it and it***8217;s really messed up. As far as your plan goes the main thing is how you***8217;re feeling. You***8217;re taking a lot of test right now and eventually you know you have to taper back even more. I think you should get labs done to help you decide when and how to taper back.

@tankmanbob......PCT suggestions? Id like for myself to be self producing but perhaps a dose every few years. Quit honestly I am waiting to see what this whole experiment does....I am liking the results as of now.

UPDATE: start weight 175 lbs ...today 190 lbs. Lean and toned with firm muscles. I will run the course for 6 mnths as suggested as well as a PCT taper off. I have not exercised for the past 2 weeks due to the holiday and weather shutting down the cycling. left Distal Bicep is mending rather well. No pain , full range of motion. My Physical Therapy sessions are over and I have 2 weeks to go till I see the Surgeon for the all clear for weights.then I will begin weight training. the wifey is liking the results and is in full support. Energy levels are great and stable. turkey day threw the digestive system off as per not the normal diet with all the fixings and them damn deserts.....a few days of carb puff but it went away. Down side- Arms get tingly(massage works) Also need to go buy new pants. I dont do skinny jeans/nut stuffers.

Still running at:

.4 mg Soma(HG) x 5 days(first thing in the a.m.) then 2 days off. then back on.
300 mg Test E every 3rd day(evening)...seems to be the sweet spot for me. I might attempt to alter to 500 mg every
5th day when I start to weight train.

Higher doses less often will lead to larger ups and downs. Per day it's the same dose. 300 over 3 days or 500 over 5 days. Same dose over 15 days. If you did 400 every 3 days you would add 500mg over the 15 day period and run higher levels.

Below is what I have and where I am at and the consumption to remaining of product Somatropin

30 vials (2.5 dosed per) = consumed-0/ remaining-70
14 days up front of a.m. and p.m. dosing 28/42

5 days single dose 33/37
2 days off

5 days single dose 38/32
2 days off

5 days single dose 43/27
2 days off

5 days single dose 48/22
2 days off

5 days single dose 53/17-------I am here at the moment
2 days off

5 days single dose 58/12
2 days off

5 days single dose 63/ 7
2 days off

5 days single dose 68/2
(2 leftover i might have burned due to bubble up of product or malfunction of BAC water introduction to product)
((( 10 weeks )))

I was informed earlier on this thread that my quantities and length of treatment was useless unless I invested for the bare minimum of 6 months
I have bounced back tremendously with minimal effort other then a rigid diet and sleep regimen and small amounts exercise due to the bicep surgery. I talked with my guru and relayed what was mentioned and he confirmed such statements. Also the importance of PCT along with Hardeners...cant give you the names because I do not remember but he was thorough with the details. I have not had blood work done as of yet. I am located in remote area of a state that doesn't allow blood work as mentioned by this site in Ology or I would pursue that also the remote area is not flooded with doctors let alone any progressive enough to bend their ear to what I have to say or request...This is my goal to find a physician somewhat reachable to have such work done... I will attempt to have my GenPrac allow the blood test to be done due to my lymes history and ask if other blood labs can be done at the same time ....Overall plan is to do 6mnths or so then PCT then c***se and see what happens. Yes I have read many threads about Ill never go back to without and that just may be the case So well see.

Feed back always appreciated.

Regards.

Enjoy

@tankmanbob......PCT suggestions? Id like for myself to be self producing but perhaps a dose every few years. Quit honestly I am waiting to see what this whole experiment does....I am liking the results as of now.

The details depend on what you ended up taking for dosage and duration. Did you end up staying up around a gram a week of test??? You want to cycle for six months and then recover???

Higher dosages and longer durations make recovery more difficult and uncertain, so need to know these things

The details depend on what you ended up taking for dosage and duration. Did you end up staying up around a gram a week of test??? You want to cycle for six months and then recover???

Higher dosages and longer durations make recovery more difficult and uncertain, so need to know these things

T Man Bob this is where i am at....1.5 on the turkey baster in the glute or
300 mg Test E every 3rd day(evening)...seems to be the sweet spot for me. No PIP

You want to cycle for six months and then recover???
IDK if this is the norm to run like this forever.....feedback above states my protocol is useless unless i run for 6 mnths...did some math$$$,like whats happening,wifey bought into my idea so 6 mnths it is. then planning not to be so invested in it and then PCT and minimal as needed so to speak....

Holy man that is so high. How will you tapper off? You need to think of your recovery, from what I have learned by the gents here this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, the 6 months I was referring to was for HGH use. Not for a cycle. I would suggest six months minimal of HGH, combined with a maintenance dose of TRT. This is what we meant when we were talking about Blasting and c***sing. You can c***se on a TRT dose and take your HGH for 6 months or more.

Just to clarify, the 6 months I was referring to was for HGH use. Not for a cycle. I would suggest six months minimal of HGH, combined with a maintenance dose of TRT. This is what we meant when we were talking about Blasting and c***sing. You can c***se on a TRT dose and take your HGH for 6 months or more.

Yes that is the plan...I was basically updating that things are working and results are good and appreciate the feedback as always

T Serum >1500 -H 264-916
Free >50 -H 6.8-21.5

E 172 H 40-115
SHGB 28.9 16.5-55.9
LDL 101 H 0-99

High Liver AST 190
ALT 88
WBC 4.8
RBC 5.4
Globin 15.2
Crit 47.6

Doc not happy with liver results presrcibed NAC and more red meat and to stop the protein shakes...with food around 300 g a day 2 shakes(27g per) and 2 bars(20g per) a day so back it down around 100g per day. Suggested I get off the gear for a month just when all my gym work/diet is paying off still at 195 but lean and tight. feel great. left bicep still a tad deformed....shorter than the right from elbow to shoulder or in other words there is a space between the elbow inside and the front of the bicep around 3 fingers width.

Back