nice ride today

DADAWG

Community Veteran
hit mid to high 60's today , i rode for about 2 hours.
i cant wait until its warm enoght to ride everyday

Back when I had my Hog I'd ride in the winter as long as there was no snow or Ice.
I've got some Arctic Carhart coveralls along with a good balaclava, full helmet with face shield and gloves.

had a flat on my bike

got a nail in the middle of the tread on a nearly new back tire . i have never plugged at tire but it doesnt look hard . is it safe to do for a long term fix or do i have to trash the tire?

got a nail in the middle of the tread on a nearly new back tire . i have never plugged at tire but it doesnt look hard . is it safe to do for a long term fix or do i have to trash the tire?

You can plug it, a lot of people don't recommend it, but really it can be safe. I've rolled on plugged tires, put a couple thousand miles on it, no problems.

I would feel more secure with a patch over a plug. That being said I hit over 100mph plenty of times with a plug I bought from auto zone and did myself. If you have the money get a new tire for peace of mind.

Just got out this past week myself. When I uncovered my bike and popped open the seat, I was shocked. I keep bandannas, spare levers, bulbs, tools, everything under there... Well some little critter must have been living there for the winter because everything was all chewed up... Besides the acorns and those spinning seed things.. there was nest materials everywhere... Took me 3 hours to get her clean. the brakes done... tires...chain... replace a bulb... battery... I still gotta open the airbox and check to make sure I don't have a dead rat in there.... It felt good to be on the bike again.. Funny thing too, I have gained probably 20 pounds of muscle since I last road... was shocked at how effortless it was to ride right....

Went out again today for a few hours.... I'm in Jersey so its not exactly warm yet, but I installed heated grips, seat... the works... I tend to ride my bike REALLY far away sometimes...longest was a 12 day solo trip down to Georgia and back, no highways, all mountain roads I went last November, one of the best times of my life...

Oh, and DADAWG, yeah, I roll with plugged tires all the time. I keep a pocket tire repair kit in the bike... The mushroom style. I also have a "motopump" ridded so I can top my tires off all the time, or fill in case of a nail. I keep a bottle of rubber cement with me too. soack the mushroom cap with it before you insert in it the reamed hole it helps prevent leaks.... In addition, I installed a Tire Pressure Monitoring System made by SmarTire to keep a watchful eye on my pressures at all times... Riding along on the freeway with a flat tire... may go unnoticed, but when you take that exit ramp and end up in the grass island (or worse) you will certainly notice...

I ride a sport/sport touring bike so tires don't last much longer than 3-4k anyway,but if the tire is brand new, I will pop it off the rim (easy with 3 spoons) and use a tire patch on the inside, then re-mount it and balance it... If the tire is 50% used I will just use it up with the mushroom plu... never had one leak with the rubber cement...

i rode about 200 miles today , the plug seems to be holding up. weather was mid 70's and sunny. it was a good day for a ride.

77 degrees and it was partly cloudy. I feel lucky to be here in the South, I can almost ride everyday... dont want to rub it in but yes I used to live in D Midwest and I hated the Ice, Salt, snow etc....

hey dadawg u should come down here to miami, its about 89 degrees today, and about 90 dgree almost all year long, south beach is were its at,...

hey dadawg u should come down here to miami, its about 89 degrees today, and about 90 dgree almost all year long, south beach is were its at,...

no habla espanol lol.
i bet its nice down there you lucky rascal.

rode about 170-180 miles friday on curvy country roads friday and rode a few hours around town yesterday.

i rode from 9 amd yesterday to 6pm with about 1.5 hours for lunch and breaks.

ripped the twisty country roads in tennessee.

god damn! I went to miami beach today it was nice hot weather 90 degree's got me a tan, I saw a bunch topless girls getting tan I flip, I wanted to get u some pics, dawg but the wife would kick my ass If I did, sorry bro,all I can tell u, Im no longer that white,..

Back