ok crazy question about GH concerning longevity,for experts about the hormone.

harveus

So, i have read that till we hit 30 years old we produce naturally a certain amount of GH in our bodies wich is not "enought" to get huge for bodybuilding purposes but more than enough to keep us young and well ( obviously ) and that after we hit the 30 years mark every 10 years we have a decrease of about 25% of gh in our system, so by the age of 60 is reduced to 1/4 of the orignial amount ( much like testosterone is reduced the more you get old etc. ) SO my question is: if theoretically we start pumping in our system gh at moderate doeses starting from 30 years old till and continue to do so till the end of our days, will we live longer and be younger and stronger than the avarage 60-70 hell maybe 80 years old guy, and maybe even live way beyond that point,without the long term problems like organ enlargment caused by the use of massive gh doeses early in life? i would not dislike beeing like some 120+ years old super human with the strenght and health of a ( healthy ) 40 years old at some point. i mean i'm 26 and probably at the peak condition of my life right now and i absoloutely loathe the idea of slowly but surely loosing this, so if possible i would like to remain as close as what i am now for the longest possible time, and i'm kind planinng in advance. So, do you think it's possible or just science fiction?

Last edited:
I don't think anyone can definitively answer this.

Do we lose GH and testosterone because they are ultimately carcinogenic or carry other health penalties and dropping levels as we age is an evolutionary adaptation that helps us live longer and healthier?

Or do we lose muscle and virility because we are past breeding age and no longer gain an advantage commensurate to the energy those muscles consume?

Or does our losing of muscle and virility confer a group evolutionary advantage by keeping us from competing with younger males for fertile females?

There are theories but I don't think that anyone knows the answer. It will be interesting what the take on anti-aging medicine is a few decades from now.

I don't think anyone can definitively answer this.

Do we lose GH and testosterone because they are ultimately carcinogenic or carry other health penalties and dropping levels as we age is an evolutionary adaptation that helps us live longer and healthier?

Or do we lose muscle and virility because we are past breeding age and no longer gain an advantage commensurate to the energy those muscles consume?

Or does our losing of muscle and virility confer a group evolutionary advantage by keeping us from competing with younger males for fertile females?

There are theories but I don't think that anyone knows the answer. It will be interesting what the take on anti-aging medicine is a few decades from now.

i definately think i would more then likely voluonteer for experiments about this particular subject. the idea of surpassing the human limits in the most literal possible way always intrigued me. if there is one thing we can't still control about our life it's definately the flow of time and how it effects us. if something like this is indeed possible it would feel almost like self administering evolution itself on ourselves. might sound arrogant putted like this, but after all can we really say in this day and age as humans to still follow the general rules of nature applied to all other life forms on this planet? we might as well take a further step in the direction we are already following as a species right now with technology and science manipulation, and if not directly "evolve" ourselves , at the very least power our forms up as mutch as we possibly can. that's what i think.

i definately think i would more then likely voluonteer for experiments about this particular subject. the idea of surpassing the human limits in the most literal possible way always intrigued me. if there is one thing we can't still control about our life it's definately the flow of time and how it effects us. if something like this is indeed possible it would feel almost like self administering evolution itself on ourselves. might sound arrogant putted like this, but after all can we really say in this day and age as humans to still follow the general rules of nature applied to all other life forms on this planet? we might as well take a further step in the direction we are already following as a species right now with technology and science manipulation, and if not directly "evolve" ourselves , at the very least power our forms up as mutch as we possibly can. that's what i think.

thanks for sharing.

Back