Old School Wrasslin'

Brock Landers

after speaking with Milhouse on the "Classic Movie Quote thread" I have been reminiscing about the good old days of wrestling. Instead of hijackin w & z's thread, I decided to start my own:D Was anyone else a fan before it turned into an all out soap opera? I dont even bother watching it anymore, it has seriously gotten a bit absurd. I'm talkin the days when Vince MacMahon was just an announcer. My favorite Wrestlemania match was Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior in Wrestlemania VI, now that was INSANE..

Mike Rotundo(later IRS) and Barry Wynham vs The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff made me wanna become an american citizen

and when the Rougeaus Busted ass on the Garvin Bros in the Montreal Forum, now that was a slobberknocker

Milhouse said:
Mike Rotundo(later IRS) and Barry Wynham vs The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff made me wanna become an american citizen

and when the Rougeaus Busted ass on the Garvin Bros in the Montreal Forum, now that was a slobberknocker

now that my friend, is truly OLDSCHOOL. I can't believe you remember Rotundo before he was "irwin R. shyster" or whatever name they gave him. Thats too funny

fuck I remember on the old wwf programs when terry funk busted ass on the ring assistant(who was black) for taking terry'd cowboy hat and putting it on his head(total disrespect)

Milhouse said:
fuck I remember on the old wwf programs when terry funk busted ass on the ring assistant(who was black) for taking terry'd cowboy hat and putting it on his head(total disrespect)

HAHA YES! Remember when wrestlers used to be "managed" My favorite was Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and the members of his "Heenan family" (Which at one time included the likes of the Brooklyn Brawler) Also the mouth of the south Jimmy Hart was first introduced as "manager" of the Hart Foundation

I also remember when Roddy Piper beat the shit out of "Quick Draw Rick Mcgraw" during a match on the same show(not the same day). Anyways sadly Rick was found dead and me being the mark I was for wrestling thought somehow that Roddy's beating on poor old Rick was the result of his demise as he was scheduled to take on Roddy at the old Forum in Montreal but obvoiusly for being dead reasons did not show

Brock Landers said:
HAHA YES! Remember when wrestlers used to be "managed" My favorite was Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and the members of his "Heenan family" (Which at one time included the likes of the Brooklyn Brawler) Also the mouth of the south Jimmy Hart was first introduced as "manager" of the Hart Foundation
`

Of course the brroklyn Brawler who is rumoured today to be the live in lover of Pat Patterson(who is openly gay, not sure about the brawler aka Steve Lombardi see how far back I go)

Anyways personal tidbit time. I am at a small party by my mom's friend's daughter(I am 18-19 at the time) well I pick up this chick who is 15-16 and with big tits. She is like falling in love or so she is sayng t me if she has t "low". well her dad is none other then one of the original moondogs from wwf, Sailer White. Lemme just say I behaved, the man in me today would have shagged her tits silly but hey I was 19, young, full of cum and afraid of every gals old man then, epec if he was a big fat pro wrestler well known for not only bar fughts but for being a tattoed mean son of a b at the time(and he was, he's like reformed and born again today) but if you had seen him in person(which I did as a 16 y/o while going to the can at an old montreal forum wwf show) you would too.

Milhouse said:
`

Anyways personal tidbit time. I am at a small party by my mom's friend's daughter(I am 18-19 at the time) well I pick up this chick who is 15-16 and with big tits. She is like falling in love or so she is sayng t me if she has t "low". well her dad is none other then one of the original moondogs from wwf, Sailer White. Lemme just say I behaved, the man in me today would have shagged her tits silly but hey I was 19, young, full of cum and afraid of every gals old man then, epec if he was a big fat pro wrestler well known for not only bar fughts but for being a tattoed mean son of a b at the time(and he was, he's like reformed and born again today) but if you had seen him in person(which I did as a 16 y/o while going to the can at an old montreal forum wwf show) you would too.

holy shit, you've got to be joking bro?!:eek:

I must admit, I too would have been on my best behavior:D ;)

Remember the Missing Link(another fave of mine, he had such a hard head with all those headbutts)
He lives right here in our city, apparetly he went thru alot of shit with the wwf lifestyle and is now happily back in H-Town , Canada and does alot for Kids and rehabs and stuff like that. Good for him. I dont know him but the people I know that do say he is funny, out there and has a good message about the perils of fame and fortune.

Iron Mike Sharpe(remember him and his omnious forearm and also Canada's Self Proclaimed Athlete) is a part of the great down and dirty city I live in.

I always wanted to be a wreslter(and still do). If I had an extra couple inches of height I would have done it...maybe its not too late.

And Bobby Heenan rocks, one of the best managers next to Fred Blassie(Jerichos fashiO advisor lol)

oh, you must mean CLASSY FRED BLASSIE. LOL. The Missing Link isn't the only Canadian who got screwed by the WWF "lifestyle." Vince and Brett Hart had a very uncivil falling out(this was even before Brett's brother Owen tragically died while being let down into the ring as The Blue Blazer). MacMahon is supposedly a real prick to his employees, in and out of the ring.

tojo yamamoto with his wooden sandals , bearcat brown , tony atlas , jimmy superfly snooka , JYD , = the days of more athletic moves and less bullshit soap opera

Man every saturday mornin I was glued to that shit, Jake the Snake and Rickie the dragon Steamboat...

DADAWG said:
tojo yamamoto with his wooden sandals , bearcat brown , tony atlas , jimmy superfly snooka , JYD , = the days of more athletic moves and less bullshit soap opera

can you believe that jimmy snooka is still wrestling? He's literally like 60 years old and he still goes around with that Extremem Wrestling. I forget what its called....but its pretty damn impressive hes still entertaining

Damn I remember when Scott Hall and Kurt Henning were the AWA tag team champs, now those were the days...
Shawn Micheal and Marty Jannety as the Midnight Rockers, not the Rockers as they came to be known in the WWF, had some brutal battles with Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka...
Chris Beniot use to team with a guy by the name of Biff Wellington in Calgary Stampede. Beniot hasn't changed much since then, maybe got a little bigger, but his wrestling was still awesome even back than.
My all time favorite were the Road Warriors though, Animal and Hawk, alos known as the Legion of Doom by the WWE/WWF fans. But they were much better before they came to WWE.

Back