Old School Wrasslin'

Agh the Oriental Express (Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond). Not sure how a Canadian white boy wearing a mask classifies him as oriental, but what the hell. Anyone else remember in the AWA before they went to WWE who their manager was?

Being no one wants to take another guess at my little wrestling trivia, I'll go ahead and share the answer...

The man who managed Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond in the AWA before they moved to WWF and became the Oriental Express was none other than... Diamon Dallas Page... Much like Raven, DDP had to earn his way into the wrestling ranks and started out as a manager.

How about a couple of new questions...

1: Anyone remember what names Raven used before becoming Raven?

2: Who did Raven manage under one of his earlier identities?

Come on guys, think mid to late eighties... 8)

Last edited:
Mystical said:
Being no one wants to take another guess at my little wrestling trivia, I'll go ahead and share the answer...

The man who managed Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond in the AWA before they moved to WWF and became the Oriental Express was none other than... Diamon Dallas Page... Much like Raven, DDP had to earn his way into the wrestling ranks and started out as a manager.

How about a couple of new questions...

1: Anyone remember what names Raven used before before becoming Raven?

2: Who did Raven manage under one of his earlier identities?

Come on guys, think mid to late eighties... 8)

damn thats a tough one, i'm gonna bump this for an answer

Popichulo said:
Man every saturday mornin I was glued to that shit, Jake the Snake and Rickie the dragon Steamboat...

Ricky Steamboat owns a gym in California doesn't he?

Here are some other blast from the past names....

Rick "The Model" Martel
Jaques and Raymond Rougeau aka the Quebecers
Dino Bravo
Brutus Beefcake
King Kong Bundy
SD "Special Delivery" Jones
The Junkyard Dog
Big John Studd
Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik
Adrian Adonis
Tito Santana
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
The Rock Don Muraco
Canada's Greatest Athlete Iron Mike Sharpe
Cowboy Bob Orton
Mad Dog Vachon
The Steiner Brothers(awesome as a tag team)
The British Bulldogs

Shit, I remember all of those names as if they wrestled last week (although some are still involved). I remember Dino Bravo vs. Texas Tornado at Wrestlemania VII. Tragically, they have both passed. haha the model Rick Martel, he used to bring that perfume spray to the ring and use it as a weapon. oh man, I liked those characters better than today.

Guess no one is up on their old school wrestling as much as I am...
I'll give a couple more hours before I give the answer to my latest questions... Guess I am going to have to come up with some easier ones.

Okay guess no one knows, so here are the answers...

1: Raven used the names Johnny Polo and Scotty Flamingo in his managerial days in WWF.

2: He managed the Quebecer/Mounties (can remember what the were called at the time, but same team either way.)

New question...

At one point the One Man Gang, was convinced he was a black guy, what name did he use in this persona and who was his manager at the time?

Back