On TRT: Libido out of control

tww11

I need some help or at least a chance to talk about this issue. Since I've started TRT my libido has gone into hyperdrive. I thought it would be great to have this high libido, but it's actually kind of ruining the TRT experience because it's just too much and causing me some stress. I wish I could just be happy with it an move on, but when you are literally feeling like a 16yr old all the time it's hard to focus on other priorities. This was all great when I was 16, but at my current age of 33 it's too distracting. I'm not sure what to do or if anything can be done about it. Does anyone else share this experience? It seems like many people have the opposite problem which is more horrible, but my particular situation isn't great for me. Perhaps I should lower the TRT dose and see if it takes the edge off. That seems like the only reasonable option.

How long have you been on TRT? It usually subsides after a little time passes. Just try to enjoy it while it lasts. Do you have a partner that enjoys sex?

How long have you been on TRT? It usually subsides after a little time passes. Just try to enjoy it while it lasts. Do you have a partner that enjoys sex?

Yes, I'm married so that is not so much of a problem. I've been on since about August now and I seem to have things dialed in for the most part.

Do you have recent blood work? You might be at supra physiological levels.

Can't you just tell your wife that you are making up for lost time and tell her to at least pretend to like it? You just need a groan or two from her. ;-)

You got to be the ONLY man I have encountered with this attitude...

I know. The problem is that it's WAY out of control. I felt that I was out of control as a teenager and now I feel the same at 33 so I guess this makes sense now that my hormones are like that of a younger man. It may sound silly, but it's hard to turn it off and I'd like to be able to just talk to my wife without feeling the need to constantly molest her lol. I'm starting to think it's become an obessive compulsive issue fueled by the higher hormone levels. It's causing me anxiety which pisses me off since it should be a good problem to have, but too much of any good thing can have consequences.

Do you have recent blood work? You might be at supra physiological levels.

Can't you just tell your wife that you are making up for lost time and tell her to at least pretend to like it? You just need a groan or two from her. ;-)

Lol, oh I think she likes this a little too much actually. She's doing a great job keeping up with me. I just wish I could think about something else, but the hormones make it difficult. I'll try to pull up my last labs tonight. They were fairly recent. I haven't checked my free T in a long time, but the last time I checked it it was high. Total T has always been within range at trough, but I've never tested it at the peak. I inject every 3.5 days.

the only way to combat this problem is frequent masturbation or a constant wet wife is a better alternative.

Sounds like you're just experiencing a sort of mental paradigm shift of sorts... Could it be that you were so used to the feeling of Low Test for so long and really only had sexual thoughts or inclinations every so often (every other day or whatever it was for you), and now your libido is where it should be thanks to the TRT and you're just overwhelmed with it? It may seem like overload, but for the rest of us its just the natural part of being a male.

I say this, because I experienced very much the same thing when I started on my first cycle... to go from really only being interested in sex once or twice a week at most to suddenly focusing on it several times a day, was quite the mind warp! That's when I realized I needed to look into TRT and I've never looked back.

I know. The problem is that it's WAY out of control. I felt that I was out of control as a teenager and now I feel the same at 33 so I guess this makes sense now that my hormones are like that of a younger man. It may sound silly, but it's hard to turn it off and I'd like to be able to just talk to my wife without feeling the need to constantly molest her lol. I'm starting to think it's become an obessive compulsive issue fueled by the higher hormone levels. It's causing me anxiety which pisses me off since it should be a good problem to have, but too much of any good thing can have consequences.
Waitasec, you actually WANT to TALK to the missus?

Give it a few years, then you'll understand why just wanting to get it on like dogs in heat is much better. :D

Okay, I'm kidding.

Not really. :laugh:

Serious face: It'll get easier to handle in a few months. Unless you're like me and going back to school as a man in his late 30's; then that's what I call distraction! Certainly restores your appreciation for the female form, that's for sure. ;)

Great post Ocdude, I'm betting that's what it is. I know that's how I felt at the beginning of TRT. :)

LOL. I understand where you're coming from. I was actually getting worried because after a 6 weeks my sex drive was still in the dump. Then all of the sudden it hit me. For the first 2 weeks it was cool but then I'm like Damn ok. Luckilly (I guess) it went down after about 2 weeks, Im ready to go all the time but I'm not obsessing like I was before.

Wife thought it was funny at first, then started getting annoyed. Twice a day and then 3-4 times on the weekend started getting old to her :dunno:

I understand where you are coming from OP, it seems like I can't look a a woman now without thinking about wanting get it on. I admit that sometimes it can be a distraction but for me it is better than the way things were prier to TRT, I could go days if not weeks without ever thinking of sex or ever having the desire to have sex.

Best of luck to you!

LOL. I understand where you're coming from. I was actually getting worried because after a 6 weeks my sex drive was still in the dump. Then all of the sudden it hit me. For the first 2 weeks it was cool but then I'm like Damn ok. Luckilly (I guess) it went down after about 2 weeks, Im ready to go all the time but I'm not obsessing like I was before.

Wife thought it was funny at first, then started getting annoyed. Twice a day and then 3-4 times on the weekend started getting old to her :dunno:

what dose u on ?

I knew I was on the right track when I would get half chubs at my gym just by looking at the women. Gotta love yoga pants :)

Interestingly, I only experienced this phenomenon for a few weeks, before my libido returned to pretty much what it was before my low T problems began. The only thing which makes a real noticeable difference for me is growth hormone.

Well for me I never had low libido. Even when my test was low. At the time I would have the desire but my little partner down below would not want to rise to the occasion half the time. Now that I'm on test I'm good to go.

Back