one peice of slamon sushi

simpllyhuge

can some one guess for me the amount of protein and carbs in one peice of salmon sushi. U know the one on top of a little rice. I can eat about 30 of them in one sitting.

if fish is 7g protein/ounce like other meats (i dont really eat fish, so i dunno), then im going to say 7-10g. They probably arent much more than an ounce a piece.

I would guess there is probably about 1/2 an ounce on one of those pices of fish if that- Also depending on the fish your talking about (tuna, salmon) its probably in the range of 5 - 7g / oz.

So my best guess is about (2.5 - 3.5g protein / piece) its going to be alot less then you really are thinking.

So 30 pieces is like 75 - 100g Protein

I'll take a piece home and weigh it next time i go out though for accuracy

10 cuts of nice cut samon or eel or yellow fin sashimis should yield only 20 grams of protein. sounds like you like your fsh like myself i personally buy two alaskan smoked almon fillets only 8 grams fat and 48 grams protein but loaded with sodium which sucks. that an beef jerky are best when you work steady like me and cant always sit down for meal

when i was at school there was a place where it was all you can eat sushi and chinese food for 13$.

Our place is about 25 dollars from 11-am-2pm much higher in price later in the day, but each piece is made to order and the quality is top notch.

DirkMoneyshot said:
I would guess there is probably about 1/2 an ounce on one of those pices of fish if that- Also depending on the fish your talking about (tuna, salmon) its probably in the range of 5 - 7g / oz.

So my best guess is about (2.5 - 3.5g protein / piece) its going to be alot less then you really are thinking.

So 30 pieces is like 75 - 100g Protein

I'll take a piece home and weigh it next time i go out though for accuracy
eh, so i was bein generous lol.

yeah its 20$ by me. I 30 peices the other day. I Love regular salmon pecies and the eel isnt bad either. Does any one know what kind of salmon they use to not taste fishy? also how long will it last in the fridge if i have some one cut it up for me.

simpllyhuge said:
yeah its 20$ by me. I 30 peices the other day. I Love regular salmon pecies and the eel isnt bad either. Does any one know what kind of salmon they use to not taste fishy? also how long will it last in the fridge if i have some one cut it up for me.

Very fresh salmon will not taste fishy, the only fish that seems to be fishy no matter how fresh it may be is mackerel. Most high quality sushi places use their fish within 3 days. The fresher the sushi the better it is. Find a good fish market and ask about their "sushi grade salmon or tuna" If they are a quality market their fish will not have any fishy smell or taste, but expect to pay for top quality fish.

yeah i just actually ate some just now. I just cut it up and threw it in a bowl of brown rice with soy sauce. It tasted a little fishy but not really. I live in brooklyn so theres an italian fish place every few blocks.

Last edited:
I wish we had a sushi buffet in my town. We have 3 sushi places in my city, and none of them have buffets. I would destroy a sushi buffet.

Back