Operation "bad mussels" steroid bust

Truushot

My Wifey
I have no idea of anyone has already posted this bit I figured I would put it up as an FYI. If anyone knows the lab pm me or post it if it's not against the rules.

Major DEA steroid bust in Phoenix | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona

SHARE:
FACEBOOK

TWITTER

GOOGLE PLUS
Apr 18, 2014 10:58 PM by Kimberly Kolliner
Major DEA steroid bust in Phoenix

PHOENIX - An underground steroid distribution ring gets busted after a 15-month long, "Operation Bad Mussels," conducted by the DEA.

The bust left eight indicted and 11 under federal search warrants, making it one of the largest steroid enforcement actions in Arizona.

Of the 11 individuals at large, five are from Surprise, AZ, three from Omaha, NE, two from Melbourne, FL and one from Franklin, TN.

Federal, state and local law enforcement agencies issued the arrests and search warrants to the suspected members of the steroid ring on April 17 and conducted two consent searches of storage facilities in Surprise, AZ.

The raids turned up 110 pounds of anabolic steroids, several packages of raw powder from China, hundreds of filled vials of anabolic steroids and a variety of size capsules along with their encapsulating machines.

The DEA also seized falsified pharmaceutical labels, computers and more than $150,000.

The DEA Tactical Diversion Squad (TDS) initiated their investigation of Blaine Radke of Surprise, Ariz., back in January 2013.

The DEA has confirmed that Radke, owner of Desired Physiques Center in Surprise, supplied anabolic steroids to hundreds of customers throughout the country using bodybuilding internet websites.

Agents have identified other members in the distribution ring, collected receipts of the Chinese steroid materials and investigated wire transfers to pinpoint the consumer base of Radke's illegal enterprise.

With an "underground" e-mail address, Radke instructed users to send cash concealed in magazines and birthday cards as payment for their orders.

The indicted are as follows: Blaine Radke otherwise known as Ronnie Coleman, 39, and Ismael Gonzales otherwise known as Mike Gonzales, 44, of Surprise, AZ, Joshua Ryan Leno, 33, of Omaha NE, Duane Lee McGill, 52, of Charlotte, Gregory Alexander Chambers, 45 of Franklin, TN, Chad Vincent Desjarlais, 41, of Melbourne FL, Kanisha Stewart, 24, of Surprise AZ, and Dena Jo Olsen, 43, also of Surprise, AZ.

Blaine Radke and Gregory Chambers were arrested on April 17 and the others were charged and summoned to appear in federal court at a later date.

Otherwise known as Ronnie Coleman lol..... But seriously though this fucking sucks man. Hate to see guys go down. 100's of customers, low key ain't always a bad thing. Dozens of lives ruined forever, but they knew the risk when they took it. We all do things we shouldn't at times and these reality checks can sure open up your eyes....

"Using bodybuilding internet websites"..,.. This is a good example to all, don't try buying anything from some "bro" online. Not to mention it's against the rules here and you will be banned. I'm glad to be part of this community and I'm thankful the mods and admins keep it locked up tight in here to keep knuckleheads and illegal activity out of the forum.

This is fucked up
Y r thy cracking down on juicers and not narcotic labs and dealers
Do they want us to become a bunch of fat fucks!

I hate to see this stuff. You have mountains of meth, coke, heroin and grass coming across the border and the DEA is using resources to bust a steroid operation. A million dolor one but still steroids.

I don't get it.

LP

I hate to see this stuff. You have mountains of meth, coke, heroin and grass coming across the border and the DEA is using resources to bust a steroid operation. A million dolor one but still steroids.

I don't get it.

LP

My take on it too a T.

I have noticed a lot of these busts lately.

It's true, if your going to run a lab these days there is certainly a huge risk. Hope some of these guys always keep ORD fresh in there memories.

I have noticed a lot of these busts lately.

It's true, if your going to run a lab these days there is certainly a huge risk. Hope some of these guys always keep ORD fresh in there memories.

Yep all the cops have to do is make a few orders to find the general area. Then zero in. Those boys are going to be doing some long time, unless they flip and become federal witnesses, which happens most of the time.

Fuck the police they do way more illegal shit than us.

I personally know of 2 instances in which people I know were busted for one thing or another and in both cases steroids were in the house but for some reason they didn't make it on the inventory.

Thats the cops for ya.

LP

A lot of times the steroid dealers are involved in a lot more than just selling steroids. A lot of times with that amount of money violence and guns are needed to keep the business afloat. Not to mention international money laundering tax evasion and all the possible infections and health problems it could cause people. That insurance has to pay for and some times the government ends up paying for. I mean it sucks that these labs get shut down. But looking at it from a financial stand point and the drain they can put on society if they are a real bad lab its understandable why they have to keep cracking down on them.

Lol also these guy's had fake pharmaceutical labels. So they were ripping people off to giving them what the customer thought was pharmacy grade stuff. Some people who have health problems getting unclean gear that is not pharmacy grade it could cause a lot of problems for. It sucks when a lab go's down. It sucks even more to have to find a new one. Lol im just saying I can see the reasoning behind busting them that is it. Lol I would love it if they never got busted and every ones gear was tested and it was all on the up and up.

Lol im just pointing out its not just the steroids they are concerned about. I don't think that is what they are worried about. It is the money generated by the steroids and everything that comes in to play when you are dealing with that much money from illegal activities.

Lol im just pointing out its not just the steroids they are concerned about. I don't think that is what they are worried about. It is the money generated by the steroids and everything that comes in to play when you are dealing with that much money from illegal activities.

Totally agree with this but still no love for the one time

I understand what you are saying
A lot of times the steroid dealers are involved in a lot more than just selling steroids. A lot of times with that amount of money violence and guns are needed to keep the business afloat. Not to mention international money laundering tax evasion and all the possible infections and health problems it could cause people. That insurance has to pay for and some times the government ends up paying for. I mean it sucks that these labs get shut down. But looking at it from a financial stand point and the drain they can put on society if they are a real bad lab its understandable why they have to keep cracking down on them.

Lol also these guy's had fake pharmaceutical labels. So they were ripping people off to giving them what the customer thought was pharmacy grade stuff. Some people who have health problems getting unclean gear that is not pharmacy grade it could cause a lot of problems for. It sucks when a lab go's down. It sucks even more to have to find a new one. Lol im just saying I can see the reasoning behind busting them that is it. Lol I would love it if they never got busted and every ones gear was tested and it was all on the up and up.

I understand what you are saying bro, but we can apply the same measure to just about everything. How about junk food. How much does junk food cost the tax payer? Alcohol is another and so are cigarettes, which I gave up years ago and it was the hardest thing I ever did. You see practically everything we come into contact with in our daily life cost someone money one way or another.

Now why should the majority of people be allowed to become obese, which is definitely a drain on our system and you and me possibly go to prison for doing something that arguably is less of a health rick than obesity? I don't smoke weed, but I'm not going to say that because someone does that he or she should be put in prison. Matter of fact it is most likely less harmful than alot of other things we do permit.
How about the guy who is raking in millions of dollars a year who cheats on his taxes. That costs money.

I don't think that just the fact that a steroid dealer has access to a lot of money that that makes him anymore of a menace to society than the ceo of Mcdonald's. A lot of people have money and break the law every day, not just us.

I'm not sold friend.

Last edited:

Legalize steroids and tax them like everything else. Decriminalize them and then we have no issues. We need to be mainstream and I think we will someday. We can't afford as a society to incarcerate Two and a half million people who for the most part are locked up for victimless crimes.

LP

I don't get it. I can understand why they'd be illegal in the UK cus the taxpayer pays for your trt if you fuck your test production up. But in the US, you're paying for your own mistakes, PLUS aiding the economy by spending a ton of money on red meat. This operation is putting poor farmers out of business.

4% of the worlds population, 25% of the worlds inmates... Yea my tax dollars hard at work ruining the lives of non violent drug offenders, war on drugs or war on people who don't conform to their ideals

Busting a American citizen running a illegal drug ring with tons of cash and assets has more merit for a promotion than busting some poor Mexican national who is forced by cartels to smuggle/grow/synthesize narcotics in the US. A few DEA agents can't take down a Mexican cartel, but they can easily take down their neighborhood steroid ring and be home for supper every night.

Busting a American citizen running a illegal drug ring with tons of cash and assets has more merit for a promotion than busting some poor Mexican national who is forced by cartels to smuggle/grow/synthesize narcotics in the US. A few DEA agents can't take down a Mexican cartel, but they can easily take down their neighborhood steroid ring and be home for supper every night.

You don't want to be late for supper. lol

After thinking about this some more, I have changed my mind some. At least about this one anyway.
I admit it was a big operation and they did have bogus labels for other labs, So these guys were scamming douche bags. Now for that I don't have much sympathy. And it sounds like they were brewing in their bathroom and probably not putting the lid down when they flushed the toilet. So prison for them, maybe not a bad idea. A solid beat down is definitely in order. On pay per view.

LP

Im not trying to say what the government is doing is right. And yes Mcdonalds and cigarette's all cost the tax payers money. But one thing that those companies do that steroid dealers can not do. Is basically buy politicians and presidents. With contributions to their campaign. So that is the reason pretty much we still have a lot of fucked up pharmacy companies and cigarette companies around.

Also most steroid dealers usually keep the bulk of their money at their house. And even if they don't people assume they do. And every one knows they keep a large amount of product their most likely also. So the dealer would be pretty stupid to not be armed with something that is going to cause some serious damage to some one. Lol so now you have the potential for a full on gun fight in the suburbs or a crowded city area. And people in the next house or apartment could end up getting hit in the cross fire to.

I wish steroids were legal and studied and we had more information about them. All making them illegal is doing is fueling the black market. Lol im not saying the cops are right or I like the cops. Im just saying I can see some of the reasons why they would want to bust these guys. It's probably lower risk than a real drug bust and also probably more profitable and easier to go after these guys because they usually are not connected with real organized crime that can buy off judges and get their people high priced lawyers.

Back