Opinion on Cycling or TRT

MelonPunchHD

So i am a 24yo M. I have been into bodybuilding since i was around 18 and have had ups and downs of course but overall i feel im a fairly dedicated person when it comes to fitness. I normally stand around 188-195lbs 5"8 with 10-12%bf. It fluctuates quite a bit, but i have always been concerned about my energy levels and how tired i feel all the time these past couple yrs. I have had blood work done when i was 21 and was sitting at 260ish TT level which to me i suspected was low, but i have always been really muscular to where i was accused of using things before, but since i have moved and found a provider that i decided to discuss with recently about how i have been feeling and being in the low norms of test. I decided to do labs and had about 3 labs done. 1st one my TT levels was 245...2nd was 224TT, and 3rd a more in depth lab and i was 379TT, 196 free/weekly, 51.7 free/total, and 26 SHBG. He had also checked my LH and LSH which were normal and he considered me having secondary hypogonadism.

So he offered me a treatment and wanted to start me on gel as a trial before he would consider Test-C injections, and have low key been wondering where i would be in fitness if i was to maybe set myself to high norms or start cycling? So i went through with it..i did the gel for as long as he wanted me to, used it for 35 days and had a couple labs done...1st one my TT was at 500+, and the lab on the last week of the gel i was 194...i had dropped lower then i was naturally. So He started me on injections...200mg of Cyp every 2 weeks. Now i had started my first injection 2 weeks from now, and it felt good but im tired now..so now im at a point where i feel i should just stock the bottle and discontinue treatment. I feel like im already really strong and muscular, and i dont want to screw it up by going through an uneducated treatment with a doc thinking he's curing me but hes downgrading me...and im at a point where im rly hoping this 1st injections didn't rly mess me up. I wouldn't mind doing a cycle instead but this TRT is giving me a bit of anxiety..heres some pics of what i look like and this was even before treatment or using any testosterone supplements.

View attachment 566932View attachment 566933

Last edited:
yea but, i obv have no trouble putting on some muscle and toning out, and i know my labs came back and qualified for TRT. My doc is definitely giving me shots, but im thinking of just stocking up the bottles for a cycle. I mean i dont know if i truly need TRT or if maybe i rly do and using it can help me hit a higher potential of where i SHOULD be at, and helping my lack of energy and sex drive. My friend is telling me i shouldn't TRT cause im too young and i should just blast but, getting enough from a clinic might seem difficult.

100 mg/wk test C is a pretty low dose, and shooting it 200 mg every two weeks is a really bad plan. You need to shoot it minimum once per week, and something like every 5 days or every 3.5 days is better.

I'm just guessing that 100 mg/wk should put you up around 550 ish, which is middle of the road. I know some guys who's doc shoots for that level, probably to avoid issues with being too high, and to avoid needing any AI.

In your case get your doc to let you inject yourself, and do it minimum every 5 days at his recommended dose of 100 mg/wk. Give it 8 weeks to level out then get tested for levels. You are already totallly jacked, so things would only get better in the muscle department, and you should lose those symptoms of lack of energy & drive.

Back